View Poll Results: Which car make do you own or prefer? And why?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Toyota

12 20.69%
  • Nissan

4 6.90%
  • Honda

17 29.31%
  • Mazda

4 6.90%
  • Ford

2 3.45%
  • Hyundai

2 3.45%
  • Kia

0 0%
  • Chery

0 0%
  • Peugeot

2 3.45%
  • Proton

2 3.45%
  • Daihatsu

1 1.72%
  • Mitsubishi

4 6.90%
  • Renault

1 1.72%
  • Subaru

3 5.17%
  • Suzuki

4 6.90%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which car make do you own or prefer? And why?

Default Re: Which car make do you own or prefer? And why?

food from kopitiam depriciates 100%.

I vote for Subaru because it's reliable, fun to drive, and is not front-wheel drive like most cars. The only negative is the fuel economy not very good for a 4 cylinder engine.

The new Honda Fit/Jazz looks quite cute and nice, like the Benz A class like that...
    http://www.honda.com.sg/cars/jazz09.htm
    HX300/ EPL6/ EOS60D/ 17-55mmF2.8IS/ 100mmF2.8Macro/ 135mmF2L/ 70-200mmF4LIS/ 300mmF4LIS

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    everything, actually.
    Fair point. But apparently camera lenses are an exception to the rule.

And let's not forget after buying your car, you still have to Pay Road Tax, Pay for Gas, Pay for Maintenance, Pay for Neverending ERP Gantries Which Are Popping Up All Over The Island, Pay for New COE After 10 Years...
    Last edited by entropy_h; 20th May 2008 at 03:42 PM.
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by AsPiRiN92 View Post
    food from kopitiam depriciates 100%.
    Marginal value very high. I gain much more satisfaction from kopitiam food when compared to driving.
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

But it can really be a chore taking public transport sometimes!

With some Singaporeans showing their "ugly sides", it really makes me yearn for a car. I'm only 20, but I'm not being materialistic here!

It can really be quite unbearable when there are inconsiderate people who do not move to the middle of the carriage, crowd around the door before those inside can get out, and start tsktsk-ing you and shoving you when you are also getting out at the same station, and are not hindering their path in anyway since both of you are alighting at the same destination.

Annoying!

I would have chosen the new Audi A4 if there's an option... anyway selected Honda for its sweet VTEC engine!

Quote Originally Posted by pokky View Post

With some Singaporeans showing their "ugly sides", it really makes me yearn for a car. I'm only 20, but I'm not being materialistic here!

It can really be quite unbearable when there are inconsiderate people who do not move to the middle of the carriage, crowd around the door before those inside can get out, and start tsktsk-ing you and shoving you when you are also getting out at the same station, and are not hindering their path in anyway since both of you are alighting at the same destination.

Annoying!
    Actually if you drive you are likely to meet the ugly Singaporean as well. Our roads are full of inconsiderate drivers. People who dont give way, change lanes without signalling etc.

Quote Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
    Actually if you drive you are likely to meet the ugly Singaporean as well. Our roads are full of inconsiderate drivers. People who dont give way, change lanes without signalling etc.
    oh yes and those who honk at u and tailgate when u are driving at 70kmh on a normal road...
    ;) L-plate Photog: I come, I see, I shoot

my car is a toyota camry. economical 2.4litre engine, loads of interior space, decent sized boot, a very typical family car. suites my family's needs to a T.

but the car i drive is a company provided nissan navara 4x4 turbo-diesel ute (utility or pick-up). it's a dual cab so it seats 5 people easily, heaps of grunt, economical diesel engine. and the best part, it's a ute, so i can just about chuck anything in the back. timber, concrete, rubbish, mulch, etc. you name it, the back of my ute's probably seen it.

i'll trade in the camry for one of these things any day, but unfortuantely, the wife won't hear anything about it.
    Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present.
    The toys

Quote Originally Posted by pokky View Post

Annoying!
    Like some others have mentioned, you see that on the roads too. I used to drive, now I have switched to public transport.

With regards to your concern about inconsiderate people, here's why it's still better to take public transport:

1) No stress of driving. Let bus drivers deal with that. Now I'm much more stress free. Then again, I've never liked driving.

2) It's hard to call out inconsiderate drivers (and trust me, about 98% of the drivers in Singapore are inconsiderate). At least on the train/bus, you can call these people out. I've seen so many commuters not give up their seats for old people; I'll ask them to get up and give up their seat.

3) Save some cash.

4) You're reducing your carbon footprint. As long as you're not eating too much meat to compensate for the walking you're doing!
    Last edited by entropy_h; 21st May 2008 at 05:04 PM.

2) It's hard to call out inconsiderate drivers (and trust me, about 98% of the drivers in Singapore are inconsiderate).

Ya nowaday we have a lot of Foreign Talents driving trucks, lorries, van & etc in Lane 1 of the Expressway. They drive their vehicles as it is a GT3 & in the speed of 100 km/h against their authorised speed of 60 to 70 km/h. This hot-up everyone so everyone starts to try new style & the scene get ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukon View Post
    2) It's hard to call out inconsiderate drivers (and trust me, about 98% of the drivers in Singapore are inconsiderate).

Ya nowaday we have a lot of Foreign Talents driving trucks, lorries, van & etc in Lane 1 of the Expressway. They drive their vehicles as it is a GT3 & in the speed of 100 km/h against their authorised speed of 60 to 70 km/h. This hot-up everyone so everyone starts to try new style & the scene get ugly.
    I don't think it's fair to say that it's "foreign talent" who are the inconsiderate ones. Majority of the drivers here are still local, and it's so hard to come across a considerate one.

But you're right; bad behavior begets bad behavior. Everyone feels they have to be more aggressive so they won't lose it, and it just gets worse and worse.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12