Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Desktop for Photoshop

Default Re: Desktop for Photoshop

Quote Originally Posted by knoxknocks View Post
    Actually for $2.3K can easily get the newer intel i7-based systems with a reasonable X58 motherboard. That should blow the older quad cores CPU performance away.
    Actually, I am running Core i7 on my rig with OS Vista 64 bit. The speed wise and performance running on CS4 looks okie. BTW, I am running CS4, LR2 and PP con currently when I edit photos.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    if put in same HDD, need to partition them into 2 logical drives... don't believe can install two OS into same partition...
    may be vmware/parallels desktop/virtualbox and run another OS loh.

Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    Actually, I am running Core i7 on my rig with OS Vista 64 bit. The speed wise and performance running on CS4 looks okie. BTW, I am running CS4, LR2 and PP con currently when I edit photos.
    cool! I just setup one using the 920 processor. Took me a while because XP didn't want to install on the velociraptor hdd for some reason. I'm still using XP 32-bit though cos didn't want to spend anymore $ on the rig and since I currently don't have more than 4GB of RAM anyway .

Quote Originally Posted by knoxknocks View Post
    cool! I just setup one using the 920 processor. Took me a while because XP didn't want to install on the velociraptor hdd for some reason. I'm still using XP 32-bit though cos didn't want to spend anymore $ on the rig and since I currently don't have more than 4GB of RAM anyway .
    I am also running 920 with 6 gig ram. Performance are faster when running in CS4.....If I had more $, I will go for 965.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    if put in same HDD, need to partition them into 2 logical drives... don't believe can install two OS into same partition...
    Of course not into the same partition, not even if both are coming from the same vendor. Always split OS and data by using different partitions. In case the OS file system gets screwed up at least the data are still intact.
    Better to have different HDDs and also some redundancy. If you want to have 2 OS then make sure that at least one brings a smart boot loader. Clear advantage for Linux, I suspect MacOS is similar.

Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    I am also running 920 with 6 gig ram. Performance are faster when running in CS4.....If I had more $, I will go for 965.
    haha...try overclocking. I've managed to do up to 3ghz with stock cooling

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123