Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 46 of 46

Thread: Desktop for Photoshop

  1. #41
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,387

    Default Re: Desktop for Photoshop

    Quote Originally Posted by knoxknocks View Post
    Actually for $2.3K can easily get the newer intel i7-based systems with a reasonable X58 motherboard. That should blow the older quad cores CPU performance away.
    Actually, I am running Core i7 on my rig with OS Vista 64 bit. The speed wise and performance running on CS4 looks okie. BTW, I am running CS4, LR2 and PP con currently when I edit photos.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    sewage drain/manhole
    Posts
    5,011

    Default Re: Desktop for Photoshop

    Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    if put in same HDD, need to partition them into 2 logical drives... don't believe can install two OS into same partition...
    may be vmware/parallels desktop/virtualbox and run another OS loh.

  3. #43

    Default Re: Desktop for Photoshop

    Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    Actually, I am running Core i7 on my rig with OS Vista 64 bit. The speed wise and performance running on CS4 looks okie. BTW, I am running CS4, LR2 and PP con currently when I edit photos.
    cool! I just setup one using the 920 processor. Took me a while because XP didn't want to install on the velociraptor hdd for some reason. I'm still using XP 32-bit though cos didn't want to spend anymore $ on the rig and since I currently don't have more than 4GB of RAM anyway .

  4. #44
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,387

    Default Re: Desktop for Photoshop

    Quote Originally Posted by knoxknocks View Post
    cool! I just setup one using the 920 processor. Took me a while because XP didn't want to install on the velociraptor hdd for some reason. I'm still using XP 32-bit though cos didn't want to spend anymore $ on the rig and since I currently don't have more than 4GB of RAM anyway .
    I am also running 920 with 6 gig ram. Performance are faster when running in CS4.....If I had more $, I will go for 965.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  5. #45
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,053

    Default Re: Desktop for Photoshop

    Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    if put in same HDD, need to partition them into 2 logical drives... don't believe can install two OS into same partition...
    Of course not into the same partition, not even if both are coming from the same vendor. Always split OS and data by using different partitions. In case the OS file system gets screwed up at least the data are still intact.
    Better to have different HDDs and also some redundancy. If you want to have 2 OS then make sure that at least one brings a smart boot loader. Clear advantage for Linux, I suspect MacOS is similar.

  6. #46

    Default Re: Desktop for Photoshop

    Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    I am also running 920 with 6 gig ram. Performance are faster when running in CS4.....If I had more $, I will go for 965.
    haha...try overclocking. I've managed to do up to 3ghz with stock cooling

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •