Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: External Flash for C750

Just read the link above..

It seems that if I wanna get the Metz 32 MZ series flash, i need a SCA 3202 adapter. What is that? Where can I get it??

I personally use the vivitar 285hv for my olympus c2100. For it's price it's a great little flash, really powerful too. The HV stands for high voltage protection, apparently. I remember reading somewhere that the voltage across the terminals with this flash is around 20-24v.

Originally posted by Sausage
    For it's price it's a great little flash
    I think for it's huge size, "little' is really an understatement ....

I remember reading somewhere that the voltage across the terminals with this flash is around 20-24v.
    The last time I measured it is abt 5-6 V. I use it on my S602, and previously with C700 via a Oly sync cord.

In summary, 285HV shd be a good, cheap and safe AUTO flash for use with C750. However, you may want to try it on you C750 hotshoe before buying as you could be bothered by its size.

If $$$ is not an issue, then go for Oly or Metz TTL options.

Okay, its a great BIG flash.

Anyway, I like to use a pcsync cord and hand hold the flash, since I'm very worried about holding the camera vertically with the flash attached.

I generally use this as a fill in flash at the lowest power setting, as I find that it's incredibly powerful.

How big is the flash? As big as the C750? I was thinking to get the TTL flashes like the Metz 32Z2 and that flash is rather big too..

Originally posted by NiVleK
    How big is the flash? As big as the C750? I was thinking to get the TTL flashes like the Metz 32Z2 and that flash is rather big too..
    Just go down to the shops to check it out. Or check websites. It shd be bigger or almost the same size as a C750. Actually, come to think of it, your other options are similar in size. The smaller flashes are generally less powerful and without the ability to bounce/swivel. Decide what you want. Happy flash hunting.

It's huge and heavy, and some people have broken the plastic hotshoe mount when holding it sideways. Remember that the 285 only tilts and doesn't swivel. Not a problem if you've got a detachable flash bracket though.

It's huge and heavy, and some people have broken the plastic hotshoe mount when holding it sideways. Remember that the 285 only tilts and doesn't swivel. Not a problem if you've got a detachable flash bracket though.
    Wah...then u got attach to your hotshoe?

Is there shop selling a metal hotshoe replacement if you broke the plastic one?

I'm looking for a replacement mount with a screw-type connector too. I haven't broken mine yet, but I try to prevent this by supporting the flash with my hand whenever I hold the camera vertically.

The replacement hotshoes are easily installed.. All you have to do is unscrew the existing mount, solder the new mount to the 2 terminal wires in the flash, and you'll then have a 285 with screw-type mount. Now the problem is finding these shoes.

I'm looking for a replacement mount with a screw-type connector too. I haven't broken mine yet, but I try to prevent this by supporting the flash with my hand whenever I hold the camera vertically.
    You mean when you shooting in protrait right?

how much does a 285HV cost then?

Default SUNTEX Flash??

Hi,
    Have anyone try athis brand 'SUNTEX' flash before on the 750 camera, it's in silver colour, anyway to find out what's the trigger voltage of the flash?? how to check??or calaulate??cos this flash has state that it's for a dig camera. anybody can advise on this??

i went to alan photo today, and the adaptor sca3202 is very expensive. if that is the case, i think get original external flash is more worthwhile

Originally posted by beivied
    i went to alan photo today, and the adaptor sca3202 is very expensive. if that is the case, i think get original external flash is more worthwhile
    The SCA 3202 cost 110. And a good 3rd Party TTL Flash, Metz 32MZ3(swivel and bounce) cost $210. Adding up will be $320. (All quoted from MS color)

The FL40 (swivel and bounce) cost $558 and FL20(no swivel, no tilt) costs $148 (Quotes from CP)

So.... which is cheaper?

it depends on how you see it. pay for ttl? if i am not wrong there is a member here by the nick azone who uses auto flash unit and his macro shots are superb. tweakmax commented that he had seen shots by auto flash and ttl flash, which he couldnt see much difference. probably there's a lot more that i dunno la *shrugs* any advice?

The difference is the convience of using TTL flashes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12