Thread: Vesak 2007 at Kong Meng San (V series)

Default Vesak 2007 at Kong Meng San (V series)

First of all, please dun laugh at me for posting something a year ago when the new Vesak is coming already. I didn't get a lot of good shots then and left the library relatively untouched. But when looking at it again, i thought there are some that are probably decent for sharing.

Secondly, i have been wondering where should i put the thread, under reportage, under still life, or under streets.... Although most of such threads went under reportage, i thought the way i approach the theme seems more like still life and non-candid streets, and i dun really approach it the reportage style, neither for press nor for journalistic intent. they are processed as deemed. so in the end, i posted here.

ok, here's the picture

#1 devotee dressed in black robes prays as she goes up a slope.

Default Re: Vesak 2007 at Kong Meng San (V series)

#2 mother and baby stone lions

i find it difficult to differentiate many ancient mythical creatures known to the chinese, going from the nian monster to kirin, some of which are rare creatures from foreign countries. some of the stone lions are derived from huge tibetan dogs (mastiff) while the below shown, are actually a modified form of double horned creature specifically called pixie 辟邪 or generally called 貔貅, which are creatures introduced to the chinese from kashmir. i can't be sure, but well, it does look like this creature from this website.

#3 showering of blessed water over the statue

#4 incense and josssticks are never a miss out in a temple shooting