Thread: tripod to ball head

Default tripod to ball head

Hi all,

I would like to know if it is possible to attach a SLIK tripod to a Manfrotto / Benro / any other brand's ball head.

Hope that someone with relavant experince can help me with this.

Thanks
    A perfect photo that is empty of any feeling will never equal a blurred photo full of emotion

Default Re: tripod to ball head

hi ts

what is the model of ur tripod?
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Basically the screw thread are of two types. The larger thread is the common one which 'Manfrotto' uses. The best thing to do is to bring your 'Slik' to the shop and then shop for the appropriate ball head that you'd like.

since ts had not reply, i shall assume both cases.

some lower end consumer tripod does not allows you change to other ball head. after removing the existing head

1) if you sees a screw sticking out from the tripod, than yes, you can change the head. for detail, see saymell's post.

2) if you sees a smooth stud with a groove around it (ie not a screw), tough luck, you have a tripod that cant change head.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Sorry bro for the late reply, juz got home. The model of SLIK tripod I m holding is a Pro series 400DX.

I tried unscrewing the head n it came off with a screw sticking from the tripod. So i guess i shld be able to change my head.

Now would be the question of are there any compatible ones which can fit my tripod.

Anyone one with the similar tripod who manage to change their heads???
    A perfect photo that is empty of any feeling will never equal a blurred photo full of emotion