Thread: Melbourne -> Sydney

Default Melbourne -> Sydney

Will be at Mlbourne at drive to Sydney for 2 weeks.
    Any must stop area to suggest?

for Sydney check out this thread...

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...threadid=36055

For Melbourne (for photography) first thing that comes to mind would be the 12 Apostles along the Great Ocean Road. If you want to catch sunset, its best that you rent a car and drive up yourself or maybe join a 2 day overnight tour. Forget about the day tour to Great Ocean Road, you reach there after mid day and will leave pretty soon so you won't catch any sunrise or sunset.

Grampians would be another good location. So is the Dandenong Ranges.

If you like urban streetscape, then look no further, Melbourne city is very photographic too, especially at night along the Yarra River. Do try to visit the beaches also. St. Kilda beach, Brighton Beach and Frankston comes to mind.

what about outside melbourne between Sydney and melbourne? I will rent a car drive via coast to Sydney...

And any good to eat?

Originally posted by longman
    what about outside melbourne between Sydney and melbourne? I will rent a car drive via coast to Sydney...

And any good to eat?
    Maybe for that you can try asking MysteriousJimmy or Ian..... they could help you out there..

Melbourne Perth.

Firstly make it a couple of days drive, it's around 1000km from memory by road.

Good places for photography and sightseeing.

Batemans Bay - nice little jetty/wharf and a lovely river with islands.

Ulladulla - Fishing trawlers

Point Perpendicular - Lighthouse. Its a 60-70km detour from the highway out on to Jarvis Bay. If you are really keen you can drive (may now be 4WD access only) out to Honeymoon Bay/Beach which is stunning.

Kangaroo Valley. - Landscapes plus. Go in at the Nowra end as there's a lookout with Kiosk that has panoramic views all across the Nowra region.

Kiama - Blow hole and harbour are good for shots. There's also a blowspout but it's not listed as a tourist attraction and its hard to find without being there in person.

Wollongong - The AIS steelworks. I can't remember if it's now closed or not, the Coke ovens on the eastern side were great for night shots. The city center is so so, but there are a couple of good beaches etc.

Sublime Lookout - this is atop Bulli Pass, great view down over Wollongong and the Illawarra. Esp good around dusk.

"The Coast Road" - Woollongong to Stanwell Tops. Visually stunning in places, some lovely cliffs, beaches and the view back from Stanwell Tops is stunning photographically.

There's a lot more places, but the list above is just a short list.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

get mi a SHEEP Skin from aussie leh

i wanna put my doggy ontop to take pics

ian,
    that's some good tips u have got there!
    thanks a lot even though i m not the one asking

that's ian....

You're welcome guys .. even though it's been 5 years since I lived in NSW I did spend a lot of time there lol....

Oh one thing, if you have time the Royal National Park is a superb area photographically. But it's quite a dangerous area so always work in pairs there and make sure you have a cellphone.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!