Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: --- Are Local Girls Too Proud? Poor Singapore Men! ---

Default Re: --- Are Local Girls Too Proud? Poor Singapore Men! ---

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Still trying to understand my wife... and likewise, my wife is trying to understand me!

It is an ongoing process.

Two people bring up for more than 20 years in two different enviroments.. sign! Not easy to change one's mindset.

There is always plenty of room for tolerant, understanding(all the feelings one have)... and of course not forgetting communication.

There was once when my wife told me."... I don't know whether I should tell you. This has been with me for many years..."

She told me. I could see that she was very relief after telling me.
    Now it's your turn to tell us what your wife told you.
    It's your turn to feel relief

Quote Originally Posted by blive View Post
    I am 35 yrs old..... In Singapore context, I am too old to be even considered for a scholarship, unless got mountain to back me up. Luck has nothing to do with it. I am blessed enough to have good people around me almost always.

Like I say, I don't believe in materialism, so I never bother with people who are.

BTW, I think it might not be really because of being materialistic. Your old neighbour is probably getting desperate for being unattached or at least the mother is. Perhaps all the circle of friends getting hitched, so have to expand and give people around a chance... probably nothing to do with you getting PhD and having a great future!
    lol, actually, my experience is similar to LeeJay.
    Haven a female primary school friend ( okay, never chio then , still not chio now) who live opposite my block. She was in EM1 and i was EM2....of course she got to a better sec and so on.

For dunno how many years, everytime we meet at the bus-stop she never bother to smile, always walk a bit faster and avoid my eyes. I always though she was shy....

Forward to many years later, i graduated and got work in a big MNC. One weekend i was jogging and ended the jog at the bus-stop nearby panting away..

she drop down from the bus and for the first time in dunno how many years she actually look at me and give me a smile..." wah, ey, heard from who and who u got a job in XXX company, pay good hor? i heard the bonus half a year. what is your hp number ar...."

She sms me that nite.
    Needless to say, i never reply.

Quote Originally Posted by cosycatus View Post
    Haven a female primary school friend ( okay, never chio then , still not chio now) who live opposite my block. She was in EM1 and i was EM2....of course she got to a better sec and so on.

For dunno how many years, everytime we meet at the bus-stop she never bother to smile, always walk a bit faster and avoid my eyes. I always though she was shy....

Forward to many years later, i graduated and got work in a big MNC. One weekend i was jogging and ended the jog at the bus-stop nearby panting away..

she drop down from the bus and for the first time in dunno how many years she actually look at me and give me a smile..." wah, ey, heard from who and who u got a job in XXX company, pay good hor? i heard the bonus half a year. what is your hp number ar...."

She sms me that nite.
    u wore a BIG MNC t-shirt to jog?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    no wonder we see so many Vietnam and China photos in Land/City-scapes and Travel forum
    ohhhhhh ic now i know

Quote Originally Posted by yyuting View Post
    well, actually i guess it's this society that we're living in that makes us materialistic.

and I don't quite agree that local girls are too proud, perhaps, minority are but you can't categorize all as one. Some are nice, but some, having seen too many, and heard too many (perhaps from their seniors or friends) tend to believe that love is something which can't last. In the end, you'll still need to find someone who will be able to provide you with a future and a stable life, right?

In Singapore, what that matters most is whether or not do you have a cert, money or a future. I guess none of us can deny without $, you can't survive in Singapore can you? Medical fees are rising, even our stapler food, rice, costs much more now. Who can blame a girl for trying to find a rich man so that her life after that would be a little more easier? =)
    Its strange that until the 21st century where we are promoting equality between the sexes and we have people who can't work their own keeps and have to depend on others. Is that the society's fault? I've heard that line from murderers.....

Quote Originally Posted by woojacky View Post
    haha no need tuition one. Just TRIAL and ERROR
    and google also. haha

Besides to top it off, end day important thing is to find someone
    you can live and tahan his/her crap. But the MOST IMPORTANT
    thing is when you wake up in the morning you wont get a shock
    from his/her face.
    its the whole package, take it or keep on searching. upgrading is not an option!

until then i'll happily spend my $$ on my hobbies...

She sms me that nite.
    Good, and good backbone too.

Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    no wonder we see so many Vietnam and China photos in Land/City-scapes and Travel forum
    Those who couldn't get to shoot women in Vietnam and China turned to shoot mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by leejay View Post
    Last time when I watched 鹿鼎记 I told myself I wanted at least 4 sexy wives and 3 super chio concubines. But through the years after I started dating girls, I came to realize that the original novelist also liked to fantasize.
    With lottery anything can happen to you:

She sms me that nite.
    Damn...people use that as ice breaker...and you became heart breaker Hope you are not single still...if not wasted

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post

Damn...one day each? So shiong...nowonder his head turns botak

No need to be in relationship ....

Just be normal friends ... guys and gals can be normal friends and go out together for dinner or movie
    Enjoy the Shooting :cool:

OOH!

He's very smart. He already grabbed tight the one on his left. Aiya wasted, if not I grab liao.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Damn...one day each? So shiong...nowonder his head turns botak
    Hmmm one day each? then Sunday is rest day har?

Quote Originally Posted by yamapi View Post
    Now it's your turn to tell us what your wife told you.
    It's your turn to feel relief
    Told her in all the means I can think of.

She never ask for anything on her birthday or during our anniversary. I just surprise her sometimes!

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    u wore a BIG MNC t-shirt to jog?
    you trying to be funny or

I have an old neighbor. The daughter was very very chio and she was almost completing NUS at that time. Of course I wanted to chase her. However, she always showed me the cocky face.
    At that time I was still working as an IT technician while attending night class at SIM.

A few years later I graduated and got a job as a network engineer. She had obtained a Master's at that time. As usual, the same cocky face from her, but still I liked a her a lot. I maintained the same smile whenever I saw her around the block.

A few years later I went to UK and came back with a Master's. To my thundering sixguns, a big change from her. She was chatty and her arrogant look had somewhat faded.

A year later I was admitted to do PHD. Her mum and dad started to drop by my house quite frequently. (Before that we didn't even see their shadows.)
    Then one day finally her mum said to me in Hokkien: "If got time you and Ah Cat go watch a movie lor. Ah Cat now quite free, haha".
    I thought: you 'haha' for what? Last time so cold, now so warm to me. What the heck...
    So I said: Ok, ok, if I have time I'll go over.
    Of course, having seen their materialistic faces finally, that was just a polite reply. No way, auntie.

In the end, I chose the person who has been a great friend all these years. She has been a great support since my days when I was driving a van right up to where I am now.
    She did not even graduate from secondary school.

The point is not about foreign or singapore girls. There are materialistic and non-materialistic girls anywhere in any country. My girl happens to be a non-Singaporean.
    ur story is a realistic story model that inspire a lot of ppl here.

ups for you....i think every where..there are girls like what you have described, even girl from poor country also will behave like that...to each its own....most girl will look for the best before they get married...unless are those "left on the shelf" class has to "clear stock" fast and sell cheap cheap.

but i believe relationship and marriage is 75% of fate and 25% human effort to make it happens....

look at my marriage, i chased girl till my face turn green, most singapore girl i fancy a lot end up 没缘份with me if not just 瞧不起我, at the end i bump into a girl in same state at my age of 32, when i tot i will be single for rest of life.....look at now, she(my wife) now always bickering with me and poke me whenever she free we got nothing better to do but 抬杠a lot..!
    KIM & PPY
    Black Camp F100,D90, AFD 35mm f2.0, Voigtlander Cosina 58mm Nokton Classic F1.4.

Quote Originally Posted by juste_millieu View Post
    from my point of view, it is the stress of living in singapore. if you compare living cost in singapore, malaysia, vietname, china, you will know singapore is the highest.

since the living cost is such high, of cause money is important. malaysia, vietname, china lady is nice because the country is poor - though china is developing but only few cities. if you look at lady staying at KL, shanghai, i really can't see any difference with singapore.

if you are a lady, would you marry a poor guy, everyday worry of money or you want to have a stable living.

not all lady in sg bad not all lady in msia good... haha..... i can introduce you bad lady in msia

you absolutely right..i have seen some malaysian looks CMI and attitude like shitt too.
    KIM & PPY
    Black Camp F100,D90, AFD 35mm f2.0, Voigtlander Cosina 58mm Nokton Classic F1.4.

I have an old neighbor. The daughter was very very chio and she was almost completing NUS at that time. Of course I wanted to chase her. However, she always showed me the cocky face.
    At that time I was still working as an IT technician while attending night class at SIM.

A few years later I graduated and got a job as a network engineer. She had obtained a Master's at that time. As usual, the same cocky face from her, but still I liked a her a lot. I maintained the same smile whenever I saw her around the block.

A few years later I went to UK and came back with a Master's. To my thundering sixguns, a big change from her. She was chatty and her arrogant look had somewhat faded.

A year later I was admitted to do PHD. Her mum and dad started to drop by my house quite frequently. (Before that we didn't even see their shadows.)
    Then one day finally her mum said to me in Hokkien: "If got time you and Ah Cat go watch a movie lor. Ah Cat now quite free, haha".
    I thought: you 'haha' for what? Last time so cold, now so warm to me. What the heck...
    So I said: Ok, ok, if I have time I'll go over.
    Of course, having seen their materialistic faces finally, that was just a polite reply. No way, auntie.

In the end, I chose the person who has been a great friend all these years. She has been a great support since my days when I was driving a van right up to where I am now.
    She did not even graduate from secondary school.

The point is not about foreign or singapore girls. There are materialistic and non-materialistic girls anywhere in any country. My girl happens to be a non-Singaporean.
    to find a girl is very easy when u have money, to find a good girl is hard in today's world, to find the right girl is most difficult, u need divine help
    Last edited by Exposure; 26th May 2008 at 05:19 PM.

... lucky man

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast