Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: --- Are Local Girls Too Proud? Poor Singapore Men! ---

Default Re: --- Are Local Girls Too Proud? Poor Singapore Men! ---

Quote Originally Posted by yyuting View Post
    and I don't quite agree that local girls are too proud, perhaps, minority are but you can't categorize all as one. Some are nice, but some, having seen too many, and heard too many (perhaps from their seniors or friends) tend to believe that love is something which can't last. In the end, you'll still need to find someone who will be able to provide you with a future and a stable life, right?
    Love do last. Love is an action, not just a passion. It takes effort and commitment. There is no short cut.

Actually, I believe that anyone can provide for themselves nowadays. You need not get rich. You don't need someone else to provide for you. What matters in a marriage is for 2 person to want to stay with each other all the rest of their lives, and create a future together.
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    we got camera, canon, compact cam, clubsnap and condoms...
    Maybe car instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael View Post
    Many of my boy friends who are still singles have dated some local girls; they either say "Wait long long 等久久" or "Slow slow wait 慢慢等" or "I call you when I'm free lah".

I think I can see why many Singapore men are still singles.
    Let them wait and later join SDU.

Quote Originally Posted by blive View Post
    My point was that I don't have any friends who are materialistic.... I don't like being materialistic, so how could I be friends with people who are?
    Your circle of friends may not need the money as I believe they have sufficient. But many out there get only $1500 or less per month....sob! sob!... ok bring the $1500 to China or Viet... and you can do more

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Your circle of friends may not need the money as I believe they have sufficient. But many out there get only $1500 or less per month....sob! sob!... ok bring the $1500 to China or Viet... and you can do more

Uhh? We are talking about materialistic, not about whether you need money or not.

Its not about how much you earn. Its about how much you spend. You think I don't have friends who earn less than that, or who earn variable income? Hah! They are also not materialistic. It doesn't mean you earn less, you need to be materialistic.

If you are earning $1500, forget about photography and getting that trinity lens. Worry more about your daily necessities first....

Hohoho... another one of those thread that will end up without any conclusion or will just die it's natural death....

Women - Can't live with them, can't live without them. It's a (sad) fact, accept it.

命里有时终须有,命里无时莫强求

Don't waste time debating here... go take some photos and enjoy life as it is...
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Hohoho... another one of those thread that will end up without any conclusion or will just die it's natural death....

Women - Can't live with them, can't live without them. It's a (sad) fact, accept it.

命里有时终须有,命里无时莫强求

Don't waste time debating here... go take some photos and enjoy life as it is...
    There usually isn't any conclusion to kopitiam thread anyway...

There usually isn't any conclusion to kopitiam thread anyway...
    This thread points to a village in Vietnam or China where a bride is cheap, pretty, young, hard working and submissive.

The smart ones here have already packed their camera bags and started their jouneys to the Happy Land.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    This thread points to a village in Vietnam or China where a bride is cheap, pretty, young, hard working and submissive.

The smart ones here have already packed their camera bags and started their jouneys to the Happy Land.
    The fortunate ones already got someone here.....

The fortunate ones already got someone here.....
    The more fortunte ones already got a few here.........

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    don't think so....one wife is enough..maybe I not man enough to handle so much headache....don't tell my wife...lucky she doesn't visit clubsnap.....

The most fortunate ones got a few here, a few there and a few everywhere.

Jokes aside, money is a vital element in a man-woman relationship.
    Sometimes when bad times happen and money dries up, the relationship is shattered.

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    wah, looks like ur "homework" is paying off.

u offer free tuition?
    haha no need tuition one. Just TRIAL and ERROR
    and google also. haha

Besides to top it off, end day important thing is to find someone
    you can live and tahan his/her crap. But the MOST IMPORTANT
    thing is when you wake up in the morning you wont get a shock
    from his/her face.

Uhh? We are talking about materialistic, not about whether you need money or not.

Its not about how much you earn. Its about how much you spend. You think I don't have friends who earn less than that, or who earn variable income? Hah! They are also not materialistic. It doesn't mean you earn less, you need to be materialistic.

If you are earning $1500, forget about photography and getting that trinity lens. Worry more about your daily necessities first....
    U are right. It is about about materialistic and not money.

Be realistic and live within your mean. I have know many who get about $650 per month.

U are only fortunate if they can support themselves and also you. hahahaha..

a forward email dunno from who....
    ------------------------------------------

Subject: Marriage & Love

Marriage & Love
    It is regarding meaningful and inspirational information on marriage and love. I would like all to read and know for the good of your relationship and marriage.

Here it goes:
    1. Choosing a life partner should never be based on love.
    2. Love is not the basis for getting married. Rather, love is the result of a good marriage.
    3. A Couple should have certain level of chemistry and a sense of humorous
    4. Good and stable career so we can put a home together which involved financial committment.
    5. Both must share certain level of interest or must put in effort to cultivate new hobbies.
    6. Never stop showering each other with praises, attention and acts of love to keep the passion going.
    7. There must be a certain level of trust, communication, compromising before start of a new relationship.
    8. Find someone who share a common goal in life despite it's either spiritually, buidling a family or earning more money.
    9. Find someone who will make you a better person.
    10. You need to share something deeper and more meaningful. You need a common life purpose.
    11. You have to feel safe with the person means you can communicate openly with the one.
    12. Make sure you feel emotionally safe with the person you plan to marry.
    13. You should choose to be with a person who is a mensch.
    A mensch is a refined and sensitive person. He is always striving to be good and do the right thing.
    This person is the opposite of a materialistic person who is dedicated to seeking comfort.
    Someone whose goal in life is to be comfortable will put personal comfort ahead of doing the right thing.
    14. The person you want to be with should enjoy giving pleasure to others instead of wrapping up themselves and self-absorbed.
    15. You can probably expect someone to change after marriage for the worse. If you cannot fully accept this person the way they are now, then you are not ready to marry them.
    16. In conclusion, dating doesn't have to be difficult and treacherous.

The key is to try leading a little more with your head and less with your heart.
    Falling in love is a great feeling, but when you wake up with a ring on your finger, you don't want to find yourself in trouble because you didn't do your homework.
    The more you seek quality, respect,growth, peace of mind, love and truth around you.. The easier it will become for you to decide who gets to sit in the front row and who should be moved to the balcony of your life.
    Before you get involved and make a committment to someone, don't let lust, desperation, immaturity, ignorance, pressure from others or a low self-esteem make you blind to warning signs.
    Ask yourself, Do you compliment and compromise with each other, or do you compete, compare and control?
    Do you bring past relationships, past hurt, past mistrust, past pain?

Note: 2 things can happen in a marriage:
    1. You can grow together, or
    2. You can grow apart.

Bottom Line; Marry someone who wants the same thing.
    Tips on what keeps a relationship strong:

1. Trust
    2. Communication
    3. Intimacy
    4. A Sense of Humour
    5. Sharing Tasks
    6. Some getaway time without Biz or Kid
    7. Daily exchanges(meal, hug, call, touch, notes)
    8. Sharing common goals and interests
    9. Giving each other space to grow without feelings insecure
    10. Giving each other a sense of belonging and assurances of committment.

IMPT: If these qualities are missing, the relationship will erode as resentment withdrawal, abuse, neglect and dishonesty; and pain will replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post

no wonder we see so many Vietnam and China photos in Land/City-scapes and Travel forum
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Still trying to understand my wife... and likewise, my wife is trying to understand me!

It is an ongoing process.

Two people bring up for more than 20 years in two different enviroments.. sign! Not easy to change one's mindset.

There is always plenty of room for tolerant, understanding(all the feelings one have)... and of course not forgetting communication.

There was once when my wife told me."... I don't know whether I should tell you. This has been with me for many years..."

She told me. I could see that she was very relief after telling me.

Last time when I watched 鹿鼎记 I told myself I wanted at least 4 sexy wives and 3 super chio concubines. But through the years after I started dating girls, I came to realize that the original novelist also liked to fantasize.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast