Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: --- Are Local Girls Too Proud? Poor Singapore Men! ---

Default Re: --- Are Local Girls Too Proud? Poor Singapore Men! ---

Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    malaysian gals are nice...
    I 100% whole heartedly agree with u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be fair, both Malaysian guys and girls are nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    09 Oct 09 officially marks the date I become a canon convert.

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    Are Local Girls Too Proud? No. Not all but most are just bitchy.
    That's not a very nice thing to say.....

It reflects your own self really.

Instead of complaining, look at the circle of friends around you. If all your friends are just guys, then how do you expect to meet a girl u will get to fall in love and be together all the time. Expand your circle of friends, be friendly and learn more about others. You need to be able to talk and chitchat and do things together.

Finding someone to be with you forever is not just going into a pub or the streets and pick up someone. What's the point in that? That's for quick fun, not for long lasting relationships. A relationship is about being together, sharing your life together, and it takes time and patience.
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

from my point of view, it is the stress of living in singapore. if you compare living cost in singapore, malaysia, vietname, china, you will know singapore is the highest.

since the living cost is such high, of cause money is important. malaysia, vietname, china lady is nice because the country is poor - though china is developing but only few cities. if you look at lady staying at KL, shanghai, i really can't see any difference with singapore.

if you are a lady, would you marry a poor guy, everyday worry of money or you want to have a stable living.

not all lady in sg bad not all lady in msia good... haha..... i can introduce you bad lady in msia

Quote Originally Posted by leejay View Post
    I have an old neighbor. The daughter was very very chio and she was almost completing NUS at that time. Of course I wanted to chase her. However, she always showed me the cocky face.
    At that time I was still working as an IT technician while attending night class at SIM.

A few years later I graduated and got a job as a network engineer. She had obtained a Master's at that time. As usual, the same cocky face from her, but still I liked a her a lot. I maintained the same smile whenever I saw her around the block.

A few years later I went to UK and came back with a Master's. To my thundering sixguns, a big change from her. She was chatty and her arrogant look had somewhat faded.

A year later I was admitted to do PHD. Her mum and dad started to drop by my house quite frequently. (Before that we didn't even see their shadows.)
    Then one day finally her mum said to me in Hokkien: "If got time you and Ah Cat go watch a movie lor. Ah Cat now quite free, haha".
    I thought: you 'haha' for what? Last time so cold, now so warm to me. What the heck...
    So I said: Ok, ok, if I have time I'll go over.
    Of course, having seen their materialistic faces finally, that was just a polite reply. No way, auntie.

In the end, I chose the person who has been a great friend all these years. She has been a great support since my days when I was driving a van right up to where I am now.
    She did not even graduate from secondary school.

The point is not about foreign or singapore girls. There are materialistic and non-materialistic girls anywhere in any country. My girl happens to be a non-Singaporean.
    Wow! Not about the girl next door, but about your progress...

I am also doing my MSc in the UK right now, after working for 8 yrs. Fortunately, I met my wife in NTU, and we had been together ever since. She has been ever so supportive of me all these times. I hope to go on to do a PhD too.... We are both Singaporean.

You are so blessed to have your wife, who sticks with you through all these years.

Actually, I don't see why people are complaining. I have no Singaporean or foriegn friends like what they discussed in these posts, being materialistic and all.

in times of uncertainty, finding a stable ground (stable income) is piriority. its sad to see couples marry oni to seperate later, worse if children are affected.

then divorced men will complain law gender biased...

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael View Post
    Many of my boy friends who are still singles have dated some local girls; they either say "Wait long long 等久久" or "Slow slow wait 慢慢等" or "I call you when I'm free lah".

I think I can see why many Singapore men are still singles.
    persuade your friend to take up photography
    at least he can be a XMM shooter forever ..

Quote Originally Posted by blive View Post
    Actually, I don't see why people are complaining. I have no Singaporean or foriegn friends like what they discussed in these posts, being materialistic and all.
    that's not the issue though.

there will always be materialistic people around. but can you control them? certainly you can judge them, but once you acknowledge you do not like what they are practising, and cannot control them.. (nor do you really have a right to) then life is so much easier

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    that's not the issue though.

there will always be materialistic people around. but can you control them? certainly you can judge them, but once you acknowledge you do not like what they are practising, and cannot control them.. (nor do you really have a right to) then life is so much easier
    My point was that I don't have any friends who are materialistic.... I don't like being materialistic, so how could I be friends with people who are?

I don't like being materialistic, so how could I be friends with people who are?
    good point, though debateable.

anyways, i suspect those who find local girls too proud.. too busy looking at the wrong ones. in that case they go anywhere also find girls proud.

But then again, the other side of the coin is - not all singaporean men are gentlemen. So, I guess the girls have to look for the things that will make them overlook the behaviour - money
    Come visit my Flickr :)

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post

*My gf is...

1) not chio
    2) not sexy
    3) not understanding
    4) getting on my nerves most of the time

but, i think i can live with that...
    why do you still like her? change system lar.
    Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    but.. maybe he likes

1) not chio
    2) not sexy
    3) not understanding
    4) getting on his nerves all the time?

I am also doing my MSc in the UK right now, after working for 8 yrs. Fortunately, I met my wife in NTU, and we had been together ever since. She has been ever so supportive of me all these times. I hope to go on to do a PhD too.... We are both Singaporean.

You are so blessed to have your wife, who sticks with you through all these years.

Thanks bro. You are young and you are lucky lor. That's why you never meet these people.

Wapiang...you have a sweet blog.

That's not a very nice thing to say.....
    Not a very nice thing, but it happens to be true. I can't believe the things some people (mostly girls) bitch about sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    but.. maybe he likes

1) not chio
    2) not sexy
    3) not understanding
    4) getting on his nerves all the time?

One word... masochist

May be can learn From Forest Gump Movie ....

well, actually i guess it's this society that we're living in that makes us materialistic.

and I don't quite agree that local girls are too proud, perhaps, minority are but you can't categorize all as one. Some are nice, but some, having seen too many, and heard too many (perhaps from their seniors or friends) tend to believe that love is something which can't last. In the end, you'll still need to find someone who will be able to provide you with a future and a stable life, right?

Also, those who tend to be a little proud are usually those with some achievements or that they have the looks. And well, if they do have the qualities, what can we say about them being "proud" of it? Nothing but to leave them alone I guess?

In Singapore, what that matters most is whether or not do you have a cert, money or a future. I guess none of us can deny without $, you can't survive in Singapore can you? Medical fees are rising, even our stapler food, rice, costs much more now. Who can blame a girl for trying to find a rich man so that her life after that would be a little more easier? =)

*no offense to anyone, just my 2 cents worth of thoughts*

But well, i don't deny girls do bitch... It's gossips that spice up one's life sometimes...
    That's why the media industry esp those gossip news tend to attract more attention. Eg. Edison
    Last edited by yyuting; 15th May 2008 at 02:22 AM.

Local XMM are too proud to do TFCD, they only demend pay shoot.
    Our poor local GWC just had to pay to see/shot them......

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    That's because he loves her for who she is.

Quote Originally Posted by leejay View Post
    Thanks bro. You are young and you are lucky lor. That's why you never meet these people.
    I am 35 yrs old..... In Singapore context, I am too old to be even considered for a scholarship, unless got mountain to back me up. Luck has nothing to do with it. I am blessed enough to have good people around me almost always.

Like I say, I don't believe in materialism, so I never bother with people who are.

BTW, I think it might not be really because of being materialistic. Your old neighbour is probably getting desperate for being unattached or at least the mother is. Perhaps all the circle of friends getting hitched, so have to expand and give people around a chance... probably nothing to do with you getting PhD and having a great future!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast