Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: --- Are Local Girls Too Proud? Poor Singapore Men! ---

Default Re: --- Are Local Girls Too Proud? Poor Singapore Men! ---

Humans..............are like that.........
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by leejay View Post
    In the end, I chose the person who has been a great friend all these years. She has been a great support since my days when I was driving a van right up to where I am now.
    She did not even graduate from secondary school.

The point is not about foreign or singapore girls. There are materialistic and non-materialistic girls anywhere in any country. My girl happens to be a non-Singaporean.
    sounds like your girl is the perfect one for you in terms of character cause she must be a great emotional support to you through the hard times.
    i think is hard to look for a girl that grows with you rather than she know you got $$$ then start being super friendly with you.
    building a future with a girl that shares the same values as you is somewhat rather hard to come by these days....

Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2 View Post
    the fact is both singaporean guys and girls ARE too proud. both equally cannot make it.
    This is possibly quite true. Especially in today's society, where expectations are high. Probably both sides keep thinking that they "deserve the best" or something like that. Maybe even after attached they will keep thinking "there maybe someone out there better than my current partner". No wonder nowadays almost everyday keep hearing about sob stories on the radio about break-ups, divorce, affair etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Perhaps your friend should go for an extreme make over.....there are still plenty of girls are single and still waiting for the Mr.right.....but the men that they met so far are simply not right
    These girls are probably too choosy and refuse to lower their expectations...they want this perfect, that perfect, everything also perfect....like that how to find? In the end they may not end up marrying at all...especially once they hit 30 and above....most guys would prefer to go for younger women.

In fact if these women were just to lower their expectations and such, there are really many single and eligible nice guys around. But I think what one poster said earlier is quite true...women tend to go for the "bad boy" image rather than a plain old "Mr. Nice Guy".

Not saying that this is the case for all single females, there are also some nice ones around that are down to earth and are not particular about looks, $$$, 5 Cs and what have you...but these are really getting rarer and harder to find.

Who say!

Quote Originally Posted by JillValentine View Post
    Who say!

wow... big reaction

Deregistered

Who say!
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Venom81 View Post
    time to go Vietnam
    can oso carry your camara bag
    PM me if anyone need one

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    a bad boy shows you how it's done:

When I grow up, I want to be just like this guy!

Quote Originally Posted by leejay View Post
    I have an old neighbor. The daughter was very very chio and she was almost completing NUS at that time. Of course I wanted to chase her. However, she always showed me the cocky face.
    At that time I was still working as an IT technician while attending night class at SIM.

A few years later I graduated and got a job as a network engineer. She had obtained a Master's at that time. As usual, the same cocky face from her, but still I liked a her a lot. I maintained the same smile whenever I saw her around the block.

A few years later I went to UK and came back with a Master's. To my thundering sixguns, a big change from her. She was chatty and her arrogant look had somewhat faded.

A year later I was admitted to do PHD. Her mum and dad started to drop by my house quite frequently. (Before that we didn't even see their shadows.)
    Then one day finally her mum said to me in Hokkien: "If got time you and Ah Cat go watch a movie lor. Ah Cat now quite free, haha".
    I thought: you 'haha' for what? Last time so cold, now so warm to me. What the heck...
    So I said: Ok, ok, if I have time I'll go over.
    Of course, having seen their materialistic faces finally, that was just a polite reply. No way, auntie.

In the end, I chose the person who has been a great friend all these years. She has been a great support since my days when I was driving a van right up to where I am now.
    She did not even graduate from secondary school.

The point is not about foreign or singapore girls. There are materialistic and non-materialistic girls anywhere in any country. My girl happens to be a non-Singaporean.
    Ah Cat is still free or not?

Tell her I've also got Phd. But it's from from UHK (University of Hard Knocks).

Who say!
    陳冠希 says!

Quote Originally Posted by thengz View Post
    When I grow up, I want to be just like this guy!
    When I am reborn, I want to just like this kid

_Are Local Girls Too Proud? Poor Singapore Men-

I think 50-50
    When i go pubbing during my younger age and sometime nowaday, girls will always ask: "do you drive?" So materialistic.........

Just like bro leejay had mentioned, ask those materialistic girl go fly kite, there are lots of good girl just round the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by posn75 View Post
    There are always 2 sides to the coin, its not always the men whining .. sometimes i have good guy frens who just can't seem to get hitched. In most cases, local gals just find them 'too nice' .. hence they want some 'bad boy' personality in the guys. So when they do get the bad guys, they ( the local gals ) also start to whine when the going gets tough.. so with your reply, its quite obvious you still need some time to grow up.
    Whiny too nice guys turn girls off, nice guys tend to fall for bad girls or pretty girls.

There're alot of not so pretty girls with very nice personality out there. they are too single.

Guys whine they cannot get hitched, cos they only have eyes for pretty girls.

So whats there to grow up about?

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    _Are Local Girls Too Proud? Poor Singapore Men-

I think 50-50
    When i go pubbing during my younger age and sometime nowaday, girls will always ask: "do you drive?" So materialistic.........

Just like bro leejay had mentioned, ask those materialistic girl go fly kite, there are lots of good girl just round the corner.
    AHA...you mentioned pubbing, guess alot of girls in pubs look for rich + good looking guys to hang out with. They are more interested in the short term fun factor, more $ = more FUN...

But seriously, local girls isn't restricted to just pubs and clubs. There are girls outside who are waiting to be courted.
    Dun blame the camera...blame the one behind the viewfinder :bsmilie:
    My Flickr..pls leave comments!

One more thing i realize about the "bad boy" vs "nice man" thing.

Girls after the 'bad boy' is looking for fun while girls after the 'nice man' is looking for stability. At various stages of their lives, they will go after guys from this two main categories...of course the best will be a mix
    Dun blame the camera...blame the one behind the viewfinder :bsmilie:
    My Flickr..pls leave comments!

aiya its always like that one. You got criteria, she got criteria both need to match to a
    certain level before even considering. Some ladies in SG demands to be treated like a
    lady whereas some guys are jerks. See their paths cross or not lor. RIGHT?

BTW, apart from vietnam and china. Let's not forget our good old malaysian neighbour.
    A lot of my collegue are happily married to them.
    And of course those RUSSIAN mail order bride. haha

Perhaps its time gal do the chasing....... !

Member/Tangshooter

Are Local Girls Too Proud? No. Not all but most are just bitchy.
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Quote Originally Posted by woojacky View Post
    aiya its always like that one. You got criteria, she got criteria both need to match to a
    certain level before even considering. Some ladies in SG demands to be treated like a

BTW, apart from vietnam and china. Let's not forget our good old malaysian neighbour.
    wah, looks like ur "homework" is paying off.

u offer free tuition?

Quote Originally Posted by woojacky View Post

malaysian gals are nice...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast