Thread: Fee and suitable Canon macro lens for shooting fingernail art.

Default Fee and suitable Canon macro lens for shooting fingernail art.

Hello there! I'm shooting a series of fingernail art and i would like to know what's a suitable macro lens for the shoot. I'm using Canon EOS system. Also, this is my first time shooting something like this. How much should I charge? I have about 10 sets of fingernail artworks/paintings to shoot. Love you all! Cheers!
    "The more knowledge you attain, the more humble you should be."

Default Re: Fee and suitable Canon macro lens for shooting fingernail art.

Quote Originally Posted by ordinarypeople View Post
    Hello there! I'm shooting a series of fingernail art and i would like to know what's a suitable macro lens for the shoot. I'm using Canon EOS system. Also, this is my first time shooting something like this. How much should I charge? I have about 10 sets of fingernail artworks/paintings to shoot. Love you all! Cheers!
    You can rent the Canon 100mm F2.8 Macro. Very sharp lens! Also get a tripod. How to charge depends on how much time you spend on this and how much you think you are worth.

Default Re: Fee and suitable Canon macro lens for shooting fingernail art.

Quote Originally Posted by ordinarypeople View Post
    How much should I charge? I have about 10 sets of fingernail artworks/paintings to shoot. Love you all! Cheers!
    It would be honest and polite if you don't think about this at all. It's the first time you do this, you have no experience and no references, just Goodwill. From a service perspective I would say: you cannot guarantee any quality level of the outcome. So you cannot ask for any money. It's a bit like trial and error.
    Take this as a learning lesson and if the outcome is nice you'll get some first reputation for good work for free. This will pay out much more in the end.