Thread: Custom making a bed

Default Custom making a bed

I have detailed drawings + measurements to make a queen sized loft bed (a modified bunk bed).
    Does anyone have any good furniture maker I can speak to to make it (with choice of wood hopefully)

Default Re: Custom making a bed

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    I have detailed drawings + measurements to make a queen sized loft bed (a modified bunk bed).
    Does anyone have any good furniture maker I can speak to to make it (with choice of wood hopefully)

Since you have the designs already you can bypass the designer and go straight to the carpenter. There are lumber yards in Sungai Kadut. Maybe you can engage the services of a carpenter there.

thanks.
    the plans are for a specific size but I'm thinking of making it slightly taller than in the drawing. So some measurements will change. I hope the carpenter can make the appropriate calculations regarding that?

so happens i'm headed to sungei kadut on wednesday...any recommendations on carpenters to visit?

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    thanks.
    the plans are for a specific size but I'm thinking of making it slightly taller than in the drawing. So some measurements will change. I hope the carpenter can make the appropriate calculations regarding that?

so happens i'm headed to sungei kadut on wednesday...any recommendations on carpenters to visit?
    To be honest, I'm not sure. You can ask the lumberyards to make recommendations maybe..