Thread: ICT recall

Default ICT recall

hey guys just wondering, if you're studying in a private institution like SIM, will you still be liable for recall? i heard rumours in camp that you still will be, unlike studying in the government unis

as they like to say in saf, please advise and revert asap haha..kidding, but would appreciate the feedback. thanks

Default Re: ICT recall

Quote Originally Posted by agentmonkey View Post
    hey guys just wondering, if you're studying in a private institution like SIM, will you still be liable for recall? i heard rumours in camp that you still will be, unlike studying in the government unis

as they like to say in saf, please advise and revert asap haha..kidding, but would appreciate the feedback. thanks
    I think it would depend on your unit. Unless you are placed on the IHL list, you are liable for recall. Best would be to check your status and with your unit.
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

It's all dependent on your NS unit manpower requirements. If you are in the public unis, it's even easily for them to recall you, cos they will have contacted the unis and know when your holidays and exams periods are. Then they will plan the ICTs during the holidays.

vince123123
    Guests

However, statistically speaking, those in universities are not likely to be called back for ICT. Maybe 1 in 10 or 1 in 20.

dang.. i must be part of the 1 in 10

seems tt quite a number of my friends in different units (and studying in local unis) have been called back as well..

yep.. like Prismatic said.. it's always during our hols ..

Quote Originally Posted by agentmonkey View Post

My unit use to recall during the school holidays actually it depends very much on ur CO.

vince123123
    Guests

Maybe times have changed :P

But yes, 100% of those 1-in-10 are always in the holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by rTwin View Post
    dang.. i must be part of the 1 in 10

seems tt quite a number of my friends in different units (and studying in local unis) have been called back as well..

yep.. like Prismatic said.. it's always during our hols ..

wah okay...so just say it clashes with something related to school...can defer the ICT?

vince123123
    Guests

If its holidays, doubt so.

wah cheng hu ahn ney kuan ah...alright..thanks for the replies guys

If it's really school stuff, you can usually defer if it's things like exams, industrial attachment etc etc. However even if you do defer your ICT, you still have to go for your IPPT every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Prismatic View Post
    If it's really school stuff, you can usually defer if it's things like exams, industrial attachment etc etc. However even if you do defer your ICT, you still have to go for your IPPT every year.
    Yes, but if you are on IHL list, even if you fail IPPT, don't need to go for RT.

I miss RT. Its kinda nice to have extra exercise and meeting all those regulars... Just don't like the waiting time....
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

Arrow Re: ICT recall

After ORD, most of my unit guys went to the local universities, NUS and NTU.

Therefore, for a few years, our ICT was during the university holidays.

HTH.

Last night recieve a msg from NS. Thinking of returning the call today n after some time, my friend msg me that my Aug ICT CANCEL! But too bad, is a high key n I got 2 more to go n also, old liao
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

another thing ah, reservist only 10 cycles..so technically, it's possible to complete it way before the 20 years is up right? some of the reservist guys i've seen in camp come back for consecutive ICTs..one high key then followed by the very next low key one