Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Equipments for a Wedding Event?

Default Re: Equipments for a Wedding Event?

during dinner event you main light is flash, did you set your flash to TTL-BL? if yes, most of the shots will be underexposed severely.

btw, google bounce card.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by fabianaino View Post
    ooooo..."eliminate" is a BIG word, I wouldn't use that word even on equipments with the VR badge on as well. Rather it will give a slightly sharper image compared to the one below. But of coz take care to stablize your cam as much as possible.

Flash can be use to enhance special effects like the one below. It's more interesting than the serious series of images with sharp corners ALL the time . =)

just to get you MORE interested in flash, there's the front curtian sync and the rear curtain sync in your camera. I use rear curtain more often if not all the time to curb the shake of the long shutter speed and to special effects. =)
    i know camera shake is good in a way for motion blur and stuff. but sometimes i would still wanna take some sharp pics at some dim places. so i would like to know more abt taking sharp pics under such environment. think "catchlights" knows what i'm refering to. haha..

anyway, u've suggested an interesting point regarding the rear curtain. so how do i activate that?

and thanks for all this info, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    during dinner event you main light is flash, did you set your flash to TTL-BL? if yes, most of the shots will be underexposed severely.

btw, google bounce card.

oh ****, i did set my flash to TTL-BL, what shd i set then?

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post

btw, google bounce card.

Quote Originally Posted by Liangerism View Post
    i know camera shake is good in a way for motion blur and stuff. but sometimes i would still wanna take some sharp pics at some dim places. so i would like to know more abt taking sharp pics under such environment. think "catchlights" knows what i'm refering to. haha..

anyway, u've suggested an interesting point regarding the rear curtain. so how do i activate that?

there are sometime, the scene is too dark to make a decent exposure unless using a very low shutter speed or supplement lighting.

the only solution is to JUST ACCEPT IT.

when the ambient is too low, and your flash is the main light, so just set at TTL.

Check your menu for the setting of the rear sync. Must make you do your own homework ,... hahaha ...
    Last edited by fabianaino; 18th May 2008 at 06:29 PM. Reason: delete lenghty explanations

and one more thing .... if you are still getting blur image using the rear sync mode .... errr ... hmmm .... like what catchlights wrote .. " just accept it " =)

haha.. this was exactly wat i did for the dinner i attended last sunday. only thing diff was i set my ISO to 1000 and i kept my shutter 1/60 and opened up to F3.5 all the time. and it was already quite under-exposed, so won't F5.6 be too dark, given at that kinda setting?

and i dunno how to fix a bounce card. sigh......

anyway, thanks alot for ur advice!
    quick advice, drop your shutter speed to 1/20~1/30.

If TTL flash unable to get your exposure, switch to manual mode and adjust power accordingly. When you have use Full power for your flash and unable to get decent exposure, mean your SB600 is not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by fabianaino View Post
    if the main photographer is seasoned, he will avoid having the backup photorapher in his shots. The photographer take snote of not only the bride and groom, but also the rest of the nitty gritty details which others fail to see. That's how "WOW" photos turn out.
    It a must , not if

I have play2 shoot 2 malay weddings. 1st with a Nikon Coolpix, 2nd was with a Canon S5 IS & a rented EOS 450D. Thinking of getting my own DSLR as I plan to get more serious with wedding photography. As a start, I'm still thinking of either Nikon D60 or Canon 450D. Then need to get flash and lens for either system.. Generally which of these 2 give better IQ and faster change of settings; etc ISO, WB?

After playing with both D60 & 450D, noticed that D60 images look very slightly better in same settings ( sharpen set to minimum, off all extra processing); both with Kit Lens. Nikon flash system also more consistent. So I go with the Nikon. Cheaper also.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234