Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast

Thread: Table Tennis Bats....

Default Re: Table Tennis Bats....

Quote Originally Posted by pisduck View Post
    dunno leh, he say want to let me know there is such an option for offense when the ball is on the left hand side. I am not really a beginner as I played informally since primary school but bad technique as never had formal training.

I called sunsports too but they only have coaching at their place which is too far for me.

Anyway going for my second lesson this saturday, I just want to improve on my backhand and forehand
    Actually from my observation today, your coach is quite good.....so tempted to ask him to coach me.....

yup after I went for the second lesson, we did some more basic training to improve my backhand stroke. If you want his contact just PM me.

I find your forehand stroke not correct. I think it is better to fix such stuff in the beginning rather than later, like my backhand stroke. It is really tough to fix my backhand stroke now as I have been using the wrong stroke for years.

yup after I went for the second lesson, we did some more basic training to improve my backhand stroke. If you want his contact just PM me.

I find your forehand stroke not correct. I think it is better to fix such stuff in the beginning rather than later, like my backhand stroke. It is really tough to fix my backhand stroke now as I have been using the wrong stroke for years.
    Observed both of you to be slower in changing to backhand when ball went straight to the body or to the left side. For me, it will be the other way round Cannot change to forehand fast enough when ball goes to right side.
    Last edited by Randius; 2nd June 2008 at 10:18 AM.

Yeah I know.....thats why need coaching.....

Quote Originally Posted by Randius View Post
    Observed both of you to be slower in changing to backhand when ball went straight to the body or to the left side. For me, it will be the other way round Cannot change to forehand first enough when ball goes to right side.
    Haha.....I think it has to do with not being confident with the backhand..... But actually after the later session when i focus on backhand training, it actually felt better...

Quote Originally Posted by Stanly View Post
    Haha.....I think it has to do with not being confident with the backhand..... But actually after the later session when i focus on backhand training, it actually felt better...
    Yup, looked like you had some training and tips from Leslie (pardon me if I didn't get the name right)

Backhand is easier to learn with long hand or short hand bat with rubber on the reverse side. I twisted my hand like siao for backhand strokes and accuracy was very low too

Playing with Henessy on Wednesday? Too bad can't join you guys, anticipating OT...

Yup, looked like you had some training and tips from Leslie (pardon me if I didn't get the name right)

Backhand is easier to learn with long hand or short hand bat with rubber on the reverse side. I twisted my hand like siao for backhand strokes and accuracy was very low too

Playing with Henessy on Wednesday? Too bad can't join you guys, anticipating OT...
    Yeah.....he's a chopper with fearsome forehand stroke....i had to be careful....

Penhold backhand seems more difficult to learn than shakehand....shakehand just need to relax wrist......

Spoke to someone who came back to the TT scene after 5 years of pausing. Seem like custom made bat are quite expensive now......i wonder why??

Quote Originally Posted by scandisk View Post
    wheres the best place to get them ?
    Li Jiawei's house should have a lot. ^^

Spoke to someone who came back to the TT scene after 5 years of pausing. Seem like custom made bat are quite expensive now......i wonder why??
    Were they cheap to begin with? I remembered getting my Stiga All-Round Classic bat back in my primary school days and it was selling close to $100. Graphite and clipper wood were even more expensive. The rubber, depending on the brand and model, would sell for $10++ to $50++

What is the pricing of these items now?

rubber is around 30-50 bucks. The bat itself can vary a lot from 30-100+++ . I guess you can get a decent custom bat for around maybe $70 if you use penhold single rubber.

rubber is around 30-50 bucks. The bat itself can vary a lot from 30-100+++ . I guess you can get a decent custom bat for around maybe $70 if you use penhold single rubber.
    So there isn't really a significant increase in the cost of making a custom bat, right?

Hmmm doesn't seem so to me now....

Just had an exciting game with henessy today....maybe next time should set a date for him to join us so that we could play doubles...hehe...

hey.... got any TT game coming?

I've not played for years...... i think my PF4 still at home ba!!! :P

Maybe weekend bah.....anyone wants??

So there isn't really a significant increase in the cost of making a custom bat, right?
    Yup,not much rise. Only 2-3 dollars for rubbers at least for the rubber I use. Blade more or less the same

Hmmm doesn't seem so to me now....

Just had an exciting game with henessy today....maybe next time should set a date for him to join us so that we could play doubles...hehe...
    Nice playing with you too!

weekend a bit diff leh.... got shoot most weekends

any chance of a weekday night game?

Quote Originally Posted by Pauche View Post
    weekend a bit diff leh.... got shoot most weekends

any chance of a weekday night game?
    Can also. Maybe next monday or something.

Can also. Maybe next monday or something.
    monday sounds good.....
    where & what time?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast