Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 213

Thread: Table Tennis Bats....

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,107

    Default Re: Table Tennis Bats....

    Quote Originally Posted by Randius View Post
    Haha, that is somewhat similar to the comment I've got from a schoolmate. She said she felt as if playing against a "wall"

    Unfortunately, can't meet tomorrow for a game (stupid OT). Definitely will like to pick up the bat again
    Haha.....playing defender must have patience one....cannot anyhow kill.....will die faster like that....

    As for the game, maybe can meet during the weekend or something...I always frequent tampines and bishan sport hall one..

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,107

    Default Re: Table Tennis Bats....

    deleted
    Last edited by Stanly; 28th May 2008 at 09:04 PM. Reason: repeat post

  3. #23

    Default Re: Table Tennis Bats....

    This brings back memories of double happiness, nitaku, butterfly....

  4. #24

    Default Re: Table Tennis Bats....

    I am trying to pick up table tennis too. I am ok for a game in bishan

    In fact I have TT class at bishan sports hall this saturday afternoon.... I got myself a personal coach to train my technique and to get fit. Just started one lesson with the coach. I think he teach too difficult thing in the first lesson though, side step forehand smash.... totally cannot do as my basics very bad. I never had any formal training on TT as I did not join any TT clubs in school last time. so my technique is like totally wrong and I am thinking of fixing it.
    Last edited by pisduck; 29th May 2008 at 07:34 AM.

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,107

    Default Re: Table Tennis Bats....

    Quote Originally Posted by pisduck View Post
    I am trying to pick up table tennis too. I am ok for a game in bishan

    In fact I have TT class at bishan sports hall this saturday afternoon.... I got myself a personal coach to train my technique and to get fit. Just started one lesson with the coach. I think he teach too difficult thing in the first lesson though, side step forehand smash.... totally cannot do as my basics very bad. I never had any formal training on TT as I did not join any TT clubs in school last time. so my technique is like totally wrong and I am thinking of fixing it.
    Wah thats quite hard for first lesson.....

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,304

    Default Re: Table Tennis Bats....

    Quote Originally Posted by pisduck View Post
    I am trying to pick up table tennis too. I am ok for a game in bishan

    In fact I have TT class at bishan sports hall this saturday afternoon.... I got myself a personal coach to train my technique and to get fit. Just started one lesson with the coach. I think he teach too difficult thing in the first lesson though, side step forehand smash.... totally cannot do as my basics very bad. I never had any formal training on TT as I did not join any TT clubs in school last time. so my technique is like totally wrong and I am thinking of fixing it.
    That is pretty difficult for a beginner. What is that guy thinking of?
    Last edited by Randius; 29th May 2008 at 01:55 PM.

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,107

    Default Re: Table Tennis Bats....

    I go sunsports and try the 1-1 coaching there......they teach me forehand and backhand stroke only....which i think is very suitable for beginners.....

  8. #28

    Default Re: Table Tennis Bats....

    dunno leh, he say want to let me know there is such an option for offense when the ball is on the left hand side. I am not really a beginner as I played informally since primary school but bad technique as never had formal training.

    I called sunsports too but they only have coaching at their place which is too far for me.

    Anyway going for my second lesson this saturday, I just want to improve on my backhand and forehand

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,304

    Default Re: Table Tennis Bats....

    Quote Originally Posted by pisduck View Post
    dunno leh, he say want to let me know there is such an option for offense when the ball is on the left hand side. I am not really a beginner as I played informally since primary school but bad technique as never had formal training.

    I called sunsports too but they only have coaching at their place which is too far for me.

    Anyway going for my second lesson this saturday, I just want to improve on my backhand and forehand
    Well, I think the option is dependent on which type of player you are. I, too, had not received any formal training and books are my teachers. As said before, I am a defensive player, you can always practice what you learnt on me
    Last edited by Randius; 29th May 2008 at 06:12 PM.

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,107

    Default Re: Table Tennis Bats....

    Quote Originally Posted by Randius View Post
    Well, I think the option is dependent on which type of player you are. I, too, had not received any formal training and books are my teachers. As said before, I am a defensive player, you can always practice what you learnt on me
    Good idea.....maybe 2 person versus 1 for your defensive practice too....haha....joking....

    If you are available on sunday, maybe i call another defensive player to come.....double the stress level....

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,304

    Default Re: Table Tennis Bats....

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanly View Post
    Good idea.....maybe 2 person versus 1 for your defensive practice too....haha....joking....

    If you are available on sunday, maybe i call another defensive player to come.....double the stress level....
    I will check if available on that day. Also need to check if my bat is still intact after 10 years of non-usage

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,107

    Default Re: Table Tennis Bats....

    Quote Originally Posted by Randius View Post
    I will check if available on that day. Also need to check if my bat is still intact after 10 years of non-usage
    Haha....ok.....do let me know if you are ok to come on sunday....

  13. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, Singapore
    Posts
    1,513

    Default Re: Table Tennis Bats....

    i play long hand with long pips for the backhand...if you guys are still playing in august, i'll come join you guys.
    ((=

    my long pips melted after 7 years of non-usage...but the people at vaneco were nice enough to help me change it because they said the bat was out of production. i'm playing in the US now...quite fun.
    www.colouredshots.com
    Kodak film disposable camera

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,107

    Default Re: Table Tennis Bats....

    Quote Originally Posted by antacid View Post
    i play long hand with long pips for the backhand...if you guys are still playing in august, i'll come join you guys.
    ((=

    my long pips melted after 7 years of non-usage...but the people at vaneco were nice enough to help me change it because they said the bat was out of production. i'm playing in the US now...quite fun.
    Long pips?? Hmmm....very difficult to handle...

    Will post here if we are playing then.

  15. #35

    Default Re: Table Tennis Bats....

    Hey, I am have been playing in bishan sports hall for the past 2 months. Almost go there every night when I am free.

    Can I join you all?

  16. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,107

    Default Re: Table Tennis Bats....

    Playing at Bishan Sports hall from 12-2pm next sunday. Anyone interested, please send me a PM. Thanks.
    Last edited by Stanly; 31st May 2008 at 08:50 AM.

  17. #37
    Senior Member scandisk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore
    Posts
    4,617

    Default Re: Table Tennis Bats....

    wah...this has become the CS "official" TT thread...
    My Photo Gallery : Optimus Photo

  18. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,107

    Default Re: Table Tennis Bats....

    Quote Originally Posted by scandisk View Post
    wah...this has become the CS "official" TT thread...
    Haha....maybe should change the title to that also.....

  19. #39

    Default Re: Table Tennis Bats....

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanly View Post
    U using short pimple??
    ?!?!?!?

    no leh....mine like no pimple liddat...but the bat is light and quite tight.... and one side rubbered.....

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,304

    Default Re: Table Tennis Bats....

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanly View Post
    Playing at Bishan Sports hall from 12-2pm this sunday. So far got 3 players. Need one more. Anyone interested, please send me a PM. Thanks.
    May be able to join you guys for a game

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •