Page 1 of 11 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Table Tennis Bats....

Default Table Tennis Bats....

wheres the best place to get them ? any recommended brand/model ?
    My Photo Gallery : Optimus Photo

Default Re: Table Tennis Bats....

Bras Brasah have a few shops....there is one shop can't remember which floor... they do custom bats. There are other shops also that sells.
    Dun blame the camera...blame the one behind the viewfinder :bsmilie:
    My Flickr..pls leave comments!

u want the hasselblad series or the ranger cam series?

in other words, whats your budget?

you can go to

1) Sin Ten Sports - braddel or bishan MRT...cant remember alr
    2) Bras Basah 3rd floor - Vaneco Sports

brands? u want ready made or custom made? ready made...jsut buy any 30-40 dollar one. custom made...u have a whole range of choices

1) wood? prasidha, donic, butterfly, double happiness, joola etc. price range? just for wood alone can be anywhere from 80-300 bucks
    2) rubber? i like china rubbers cos they're sticky and give loads of spin. kuang2 feng1 is good. RITC is good also.
    3) pimpled rubber? TSP short pimples are great

(:

just go to Bras Brasah got 3 of my bats from there 2 short hand. Haven't been playing for a long time and i usually use chinese terms so yep 1st floor

thanks for the replies...will check them out...

ya getting to play for casual ? more "serious" ?

hmm, most i think use , butterfly or STIGA, carbon graphite.

what about sponge and rubber ?

last i know of is , rubber must have the ITTF to play in competition, and think the thickness of sponge got limit too (dunnoe this rule got change anot )
    Canon EOS "Luxury"
    [flickr]

oh ya, i used to get my bats from a small sports next to beauty world, sorry for got its name, but its the block opp. the Mac at beauty world.
    Canon EOS "Luxury"
    [flickr]

Quote Originally Posted by StrifeYun View Post
    ya getting to play for casual ? more "serious" ?

hmm, most i think use , butterfly or STIGA, carbon graphite.

what about sponge and rubber ?

last i know of is , rubber must have the ITTF to play in competition, and think the thickness of sponge got limit too (dunnoe this rule got change anot )
    can say more "serious"......thanks for the recommendations....will have tough time deciding which one

Hmm....seem like bras basah is a good place to check out....

Will check it out tomorrow....

does the vaneco sport do custom carbonfibre graphite board?

I play short hand too...but am trying to practise more on the long hand.

currently my short hand bat is erm...butterfly but its a one sided rubber

everytime reverse and hit the ball, can't stand the sound ...."PPPPIIIIIIIAAAAAAKKKKKKK"! and i don't have control over the spin LOL

machiam like the ball going to break liao...

anywayz i still old schooled....still using previous championship 5 star balls....coz they are smaller and heavier....makes GREAT smashes....dun like the new enlarged lighter balls......very **** ....travel thru air oso like "hang" there so long LOL

Quote Originally Posted by plsoong View Post
    does the vaneco sport do custom carbonfibre graphite board?

I play short hand too...but am trying to practise more on the long hand.

currently my short hand bat is erm...butterfly but its a one sided rubber

everytime reverse and hit the ball, can't stand the sound ...."PPPPIIIIIIIAAAAAAKKKKKKK"! and i don't have control over the spin LOL

machiam like the ball going to break liao...

anywayz i still old schooled....still using previous championship 5 star balls....coz they are smaller and heavier....makes GREAT smashes....dun like the new enlarged lighter balls......very **** ....travel thru air oso like "hang" there so long LOL

Yeah... the old kind is 30mm while the newer one or the one FTTA? is using now is 40mm.

I think the idea of bigger ball is to slow down the speed n spin of the ball thats why it like 'hang' in the air!

As for the bat Long hand or short Butterfly is good enough just got to choose the type of rubber which suits u!

IIRC for short hand u are allowed to stick rubber at the back of the bat (meaning both side rubber) n can be use! Can be use even in tournaments...not sure abt latest ruling!

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Yeah... the old kind is 30mm while the newer one or the one FTTA? is using now is 40mm.

I think the idea of bigger ball is to slow down the speed n spin of the ball thats why it like 'hang' in the air!

As for the bat Long hand or short Butterfly is good enough just got to choose the type of rubber which suits u!

IIRC for short hand u are allowed to stick rubber at the back of the bat (meaning both side rubber) n can be use! Can be use even in tournaments...not sure abt latest ruling!

yar lar...its supposed to slow down the speed and spin of the ball...supposed to make it more "enjoyable" by all ages ........ now is fttc?.....duhz...the ones i still using are HKTTF, ITTF GERMANY Sunflex and for the training ball?........hehehehe....double happiness

LOL!

but hor....too slow lar...LOL...i prefer it fast and furious ....can u imagine maybe super slowed it down till, smash oredi...the ball still travel so slowly....wah lauz...will sianz one loh...

lol

Hmmmm... right now because its only 1 side rubbered for my butterfly...., its light and i can react fast...if i put on another rubber the other side......hmmmmmmmmmmm.......maybe need to go for finger physiotherapy

my wife's using the donic control but long hand one..... wah lau heavy loh :S... so maybe i should go custom mine.....carbon graphite............yum yum

yar lar...its supposed to slow down the speed and spin of the ball...supposed to make it more "enjoyable" by all ages ........ now is fttc?.....duhz...the ones i still using are HKTTF, ITTF GERMANY Sunflex and for the training ball?........hehehehe....double happiness

LOL!

but hor....too slow lar...LOL...i prefer it fast and furious ....can u imagine maybe super slowed it down till, smash oredi...the ball still travel so slowly....wah lauz...will sianz one loh...

lol

Hmmmm... right now because its only 1 side rubbered for my butterfly...., its light and i can react fast...if i put on another rubber the other side......hmmmmmmmmmmm.......maybe need to go for finger physiotherapy

my wife's using the donic control but long hand one..... wah lau heavy loh :S... so maybe i should go custom mine.....carbon graphite............yum yum

Hahaha... i still got the old 30mm nitakku ball n it is turning into brown color hahaha.. but still can use...hmm ... think its about more then 20yrs le...LOL...!

Shorthand behind can just stick short or long pimple also can... then u can flip as u play... i just like it... fliping the bats long or short also flip so fun man....

Long one onli a little heavy but more power lei....

Carbon graphite? u turning pro arh?.... aiya... just lift more dumb-bell can le....Heehehee!

got a butterfly bat at ranking sports 3 floor bras basah complex ...have quite a good range of bats there - stiga, donic n double happines...

Finding kakis for the game is always a problem. Anyone want to play tomorrow thursday evening at tampines or bishan??

Still have the bat from my secondary school days. Back then, custom-made bats were pretty expensive with the bulk of the money going to the bat. Bought the Stiga All-Round Classic and their discontinued Syncro rubber which was very thin Good for spin but I am a very defensive player

Will be great if can meet fellow CSers who are also into table tennis

Quote Originally Posted by Randius View Post
    Still have the bat from my secondary school days. Back then, custom-made bats were pretty expensive with the bulk of the money going to the bat. Bought the Stiga All-Round Classic and their discontinued Syncro rubber which was very thin Good for spin but I am a very defensive player

Will be great if can meet fellow CSers who are also into table tennis
    I've played defensive player b4......very stress siah....the ball keep coming back......haha....

Would be great if we can play together....haha... Maybe we shall start a clubsnap TT group or something....

i very louya at spins one

i like to play fast and reactive game ..... maybe i should learn how to spin LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanly View Post
    I've played defensive player b4......very stress siah....the ball keep coming back......haha....

Would be great if we can play together....haha... Maybe we shall start a clubsnap TT group or something....
    Haha, that is somewhat similar to the comment I've got from a schoolmate. She said she felt as if playing against a "wall"

Unfortunately, can't meet tomorrow for a game (stupid OT). Definitely will like to pick up the bat again

i very louya at spins one

i like to play fast and reactive game ..... maybe i should learn how to spin LOL!
    U using short pimple??

Page 1 of 11 1236 ... LastLast