Thread: Hoya vs Kenko

Default Hoya vs Kenko

I was wondering if anyone tried Kenko Pro1 before? And whats the difference/how much the difference between Hoya Pro1 and Kenko Pro1 since they are both the same company?

B+W is kinda out of my budget even though i know how good is it!

Default Re: Hoya vs Kenko

I'm using Kenko Pro 1 digital UV and CPL for my 77mm lens. Hmm, i actually was looking for Hoya Pro 1 digital series initially. But James from TK recommended me the Kenko series. Tried and i feel, it's quality is almost the same as the Hoya Pro 1 digital series. But maybe i am a layman at it.

The Kenko Pro 1 digital UV cost 60 sgd and CPL cost 130 sgd. Note, the CPL is the slim version which i feel is worth it compared to the Hoya CPL (non slim and non pro 1 digital) version which the AP sales man (my usual sales man not around) quote me at 105 sgd.

There is confusion whether the Kenkos are the same as the Hoya Pro1Ds but as Yapster said the Kenkos are thinner (great for wide angle lenses).
    I called John 3:16 up looking for a CPL and Samuel recommended the Kenko Pro1D over the B+Ws.
    If only there was a test for people to see the differences between different CPL makes?

all Pro1 series whether from kenko or hoya are the slim type.

i thought they belonged to the same company..