EYE GOES PENANG 05/06 – 08/06
We are organizing a photo trip to Penang, (3D/3N) where Eyes the City originated. It was the people at Nan Yang Folk Culture aka NYFC who initiated the 24hr year end shoot project. During this trip, we will be having an exchange session where they will be sharing with us their past project, followed by a brief intro of Penang. After which, it will be our turn to present "EYE E CITY". The may be an interview too. What is a photo trip without shooting right? So we will be going round Penang to capture the sights through different perspectives/ eyes.
We will be departing on Thursday night (2200hr) near Lavender MRT (opp. ICA), arrive at Penang on Friday morning, depart Penang on Sunday morning / afternoon. We will come back on Sunday night so everybody can charge up before returning to work. As such, we will require you to take 1 day annual leave on Friday (06/06).
Objectives of this trip :
1) Link up with NYFC for an exchange.
2) "Eye" participants to explore and capture a different society and culture through the lens. Think of it as "Eye E City" in Penang. May be this may have some effect on their work for "Eye E City 2008".
3) A big get to know other “eyes”.
When we are back, all trip participants will be requested, as in the actual "Eye E City", to select 3 to 5 photos for a photo sharing session, difference here is no prints, only slide show through projector. Date and venue for this session will be released later. The final output will still be black and white. No films will be provided for those nostalgic, you have to bring your own, dev and scan.
Highlights of this trip
1) Exchange between NYFC and EYE, slides show on past projects.
2) Rare opportunity for all the like-minded people to be together to exchange ideas
3) Interviewing “Eye E City”.
4) Yeow Wooi (point person at NYFC) invited us to shoot a temple’s Vesak Day Celebaration
5) “EYE WENT PENANG” photo sharing session.
Now, the most important piece of info, cost $$
* We are sorry but we do not allow participants who are under 18 as of today to join this trip. We seek your understanding.*
1) Passport must have at least 6 more months before expiry.
2) Eye participants = $305 (single room)
3) Eye participants = $240 (twin sharing room)
4) Eye participants = $210 (triple sharing room)
5) Include tips for 2 drivers and 1 guide
6) Registration is only confirmed when the payment is made. Non-cancellation once payment made.
7) There are only 24 openings for this trip. Payment has to be made by 15/05 & 16/05 (Thursday & Friday evening), 1800hr – 2100hr, Funan food court at 5th floor.
8) Package :
8a) VIP air-cond 26 seaters coach. No need to change coach in Malaysia, this coach will be with us all trough the trip.
8b) Twin sharing in Sunway Hotel 4* in George Town, 3d/2n stay.
8c) Daily breakfast, 3 lunch & 2 dinner.
8d) Includes insurance & medical coverage.