I am currently looking for a good studio light for my Model and Product shoot activity after having just completed a course on Studio lighting. I bump into the WTS selling Continuous fluorescent Light (CFL) and it seems getting rather good comment there so far. I have search the forum and couldn't really find a good thread on this subject (maybe I have missed it somewhere, do advise).
I'm not exactly sure now which will be a better option for me moving ahead and will need studio experts and hobbyist out there to help. I have come out a few Pros and Cons of both lighting as follow. Pls help to advise, correct and add on to the list so as to help newbies like me to decide. Thanks.
1) Less heat
2) Used by Studio for years, well established technique
3) Adjustable output power to suit various desired setup
4) Stable WB
1) Expensive (both equipment and bulb)
2) Ellaborated setup (good stands needed to hold the weight of the light)
Continuous Lighting (Fluorescent and Tungsten)
1) Relatively cheaper (only require simple driver, Softbox and bulb) - lower operating cost
2) Flexible - can also be used as Videography and Filming light
3) Relatively easier setup - just need to plug lighting and softbox onto the stand
1) Heating (True for tungsten, but is it also true for Fluorescent lighting?)
2) WB degrade over time (is this true?)
3) Difficult to control output power (moving of stand, selecting on the number of Bulbs)
Thanks in advance for all the valuable input to this thread.