Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Passport was not chop when leaving Malaysia.

Default Re: Passport was not chop when leaving Malaysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post
    Thanks, I will try to Malaysia high comm tomorrow.
    Before, I was thinking of borrowing a Malaysia passort and get back into Malaysia. At Malaysia custom just need to flash the passport and you can pass liao.
    Then quickly go the over to do the exit chop.
    Don't know this method can work or not.

Do they really capture my data when I enter Malaysia. Maybe can wait for 2 month and see if I am reported lost in Malaysia.

If you dont have that white card portion left, how are you going to get yr passport stamped? So dont try entering Malaysia with a malaysian passport, you will get both you and yr friend in trouble.

I had this problem before, my passport wasn't stamped on the way out. I did ask the Singapore side for advice, they say nothing much can be done and to get it stamped on my next visit up north. This trip to johore was made with my friend.

So the following week me and a friend went into Johore again, going in wasn't a problem, on the way out, i pointed out the mistake made by a previous officer (to be honest), but instead he said he has to detain me and my friend. This time my friend was paranoid, as we were in a hurry to go home after a tiring day of shopping. Seeing my friend's face, he counter-offer, say he can settle things with a bit of money.

We had a left over of about RM50, he said that will do. (originally he asked for RM100 from each of us), told us to put the money in the passport, then he made the stamp, countersign. And we went through just like that.

This happened in the late 90s/turn of the century, we were poly students and we went into Johore by foot. Right now, im not too sure of the situation of how immigration officers there handle such problems. But i do know, always double check your passport after it's processed, on both country's soil.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Contacted the Malaysia High Com.

He asked to me re-enter Malaysia and get my passort chop.

Sound very simple but I feel it is very risky leh.

If I re-enter Malaysia, that would means I will have two Entry Stamp with two different date.
    Are they going to chop two times with the same date when I leave Malaysia?

Quote Originally Posted by octavius View Post
    dunno whether can work anot..

1. you can still exit singapore, since ica dun care about the stamping done by msia..
    go to msia immigration, where you alight, you can actually walk to MSIA's departure hall, maybe you can get it stamped there.

2. but a better choice will be to approach the msia immigration officer at their arrival hall and the officer should be able to help you.

nothing much to fear, its their fault afterall..
    that's a very ignorant statement. It is YOUR duty to check if immigration stamped your passport b4 u leave their checkpoint, not theirs. of course the fact they dun do their job properly also doesn't help. TS better contact malaysian high comm and ask for advice. otherwise can be considered that you are illegal alien in malaysia

Blog Entries

If I re-enter Malaysia, that would means I will have two Entry Stamp with two different date.
    better get some form of written letter/email from the high-comm to show the fellas at the causeway. just in case they act blur...
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

they will give you problem. if you use Ah Bang boleh tolong, you might see more than 3 officers - it will be 100 - 300r.

i got this when i try to negotitate a traffic offence, end out paying 150 for kopi.

happened to me recently last year while covering a shoot in JB. just go to checkpoint and explain to the immigration officer before he ask. u may or may not get a earful from him, i got but what can u do but to sit there and smile at him. eventually they will stamp and give u a warning. my advice, just act the dumb fool and dun argue back. you're on their turf.

on another occasion i found out after having driven out of the checkpoint booth. stopped the car and walked all the way back to M'sian customs for those travelling by bus and on foot to get the passport stamped. the vechicle post wun bother with u if u're on foot.
    --- the only constant is evolution and change ---
    --- the only solution is adaptation ---

When I left Malaysia for good the immigration officer also did not chop my passport whether deliberately or not or the officer ran out of ink on his stamp pad.

So I hadn't virtually left Malaysia all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by nyxx88 View Post
    this is a criminal offense punishable with a jail term. dun think u want ur records tainted... and spend some time in a foreign jail
    Don't play with the laws... u get burn.

Next best alternative: Change your passport .... tt case, there is nothing for them to reference ... how you get your passport replaced by ICA, I dun 1 2 suggest ... but dun do it too often ... Singapore passport pretty expensive ....

I second getting a letter from M'sia High Comm if you are advised to go in again to chop ur passport. At least you are "covered" by an official letter, however thin it is ... you may not be able to escape a fine though, since you dun hv a solid solid reason and M'sia customs wun claim tt it is their mistake ...

they will chop a "VOID" over the entry chop in question. then chop a new entry chop for the present entry.

so on paper it's like as if u never entered M'sia on that day. but on their system is diff.
    --- the only constant is evolution and change ---
    --- the only solution is adaptation ---

I ever leave Malaysia w/o a chop like you years back during my NS. Upon re-entering, was asked by the custom officer to follow him to the office. A higher rank officer will attend to you, question you inside out why why why. F... you upside down, luckily during that time was in NS explain i need to book into camp early then he let me go. The officer will then sign it off on the previous entry(I guess i was consider lucky no need to go jail). Never leave the custom w/o a return stamp.Things may have change so just sharing my experience.

vince123123
    Guests

I second this. And don't go alone. Go with someone who doesn't have this problem. If the letter doesn't work and you get detained, your friend can get you out later.

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    better get some form of written letter/email from the high-comm to show the fellas at the causeway. just in case they act blur...

Quote Originally Posted by aeskywan View Post
    Correction, to them it is your fault for not checking your passport... We all know how our good friends up north work. Logic not always correct.
    Mahathir not PM already, U mean they still blame singaporeans?

Quote Originally Posted by AReality View Post
    Mahathir not PM already, U mean they still blame singaporeans?

Its still your passport and your responsibility to check your passport at any immigration checkpoint. Even if not your responsibility, it is in your interest to do so to avoid the hassle of going back.
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

I would like to share with you my experience, not on the stamping but on white cards. Hope TS don't mind for the OT....

I went to KL a few months ago by flight and the immgration took my white card upon arrival but did not return the portion that I should keep. Just my passport, chopped. They tell me that from now on, no need to fill in white card. When I asked when was it effective, they told me it was effective today....

I was not convinced, and more like worried..... so I observed the next fellow and he also did not get his white card back. I also approached another immgration officer to confirm the matter. Though I got the confirmation, I was still quite nervous when I leave the country. Luckily, nothing happened. phew...

Have not travel by foot or car or boat to Malaysia since then so don't know if the same apply as well. Any bro can confirm?

Put your PP into washing machine with your clothing. Wash it, get it dried and go apply a new one with a blurr face. It is cheaper than going back up north. Someone created an opportunity for his colleague to earn extra cash from you illegally. You loose more if you go through the legal route. They have rules and regulation that flip flop so they can act blurr to fault you to earn more.

To put a chop on your passport, the brain cells have to send a signal to the hands to open the passport and to lift up the right arm to stamp it.

Such demanding precision mental and physical co-ordination may be beyond the ability of some immigration officers in our neighbour.

Please try to be understandable.

There is no need to fill up any white card anymore when visiting Malaysia. This new ruling started few months back liao.
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

don't try anything that is 1) against the law in both countries 2) might get someone else into trouble. simply not worth it if the authorities on the other side decide to go by the book. ask yourself if you really like to risk prison in a foreign country with a very different judicial system?

same thing happened to me in 2006. i left johore through the causeway and realised that my passport was not stamped by the malaysian authorities. entered johore again some weeks later and explained to the situation to the immigration officers.

spent about 30min sitting in the immigration office and explained my story to 3 officers. got a stern warning + some yelling for not checking. eventually, the senior officer wrote on my passport on the page where the stamp is missing to state that any immigration officer who finds me with the passport without a exit stamp again to barr me entry into malaysia.

it would help if you have someone who can speak malay with you. makes communication easier as not all immigration officers can speak english. you can also go resolve this at the high com if you think its too intimidating to do this at the causeway.

my 2 cents. no bribes, no guilty conscience. just be honest since you didn't commit a crime.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast