Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 53

Thread: Passport was not chop when leaving Malaysia.

  1. #1

    Default Passport was not chop when leaving Malaysia.

    Hi:

    My Passport was not chop for exit when leaving Malaysia and now I am in Singapore.

    What is the complication and what should I do now?

    I need to travel to Malaysia again very soon.

    Any seriuos problem here?

    Thanks alot.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Passport was not chop when leaving Malaysia.

    dunno whether can work anot..

    1. you can still exit singapore, since ica dun care about the stamping done by msia..
    go to msia immigration, where you alight, you can actually walk to MSIA's departure hall, maybe you can get it stamped there.

    2. but a better choice will be to approach the msia immigration officer at their arrival hall and the officer should be able to help you.

    nothing much to fear, its their fault afterall..

  3. #3

    Default Re: Passport was not chop when leaving Malaysia.

    Go to Malaysia high commission and sort it out. Whatever you do, dont try to leave via the 2 causeways. You can run into some problems. One consolation, at least it's the departure that was not chopped so technically you are still in Malaysia. If it was the entry that was not chopped and your passport is checked while you depart, you can be detained for illegal entry. Think one Singaporean girl spend 2 weeks in jail for that recently.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Passport was not chop when leaving Malaysia.

    Quote Originally Posted by octavius View Post
    dunno whether can work anot..

    1. you can still exit singapore, since ica dun care about the stamping done by msia..
    go to msia immigration, where you alight, you can actually walk to MSIA's departure hall, maybe you can get it stamped there.

    2. but a better choice will be to approach the msia immigration officer at their arrival hall and the officer should be able to help you.

    nothing much to fear, its their fault afterall..
    Correction, to them it is your fault for not checking your passport... We all know how our good friends up north work. Logic not always correct.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Passport was not chop when leaving Malaysia.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post
    Hi:

    My Passport was not chop for exit when leaving Malaysia and now I am in Singapore.

    What is the complication and what should I do now?

    I need to travel to Malaysia again very soon.

    Any seriuos problem here?

    Thanks alot.
    I think you have to creat a Silence Sky clone in Malaysia just in case they come looking for him there.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Passport was not chop when leaving Malaysia.

    you is get pwn deep deep

    sort it out first before you go in again

  7. #7

    Default Re: Passport was not chop when leaving Malaysia.

    Quote Originally Posted by octavius View Post
    dunno whether can work anot..

    1. you can still exit singapore, since ica dun care about the stamping done by msia..
    go to msia immigration, where you alight, you can actually walk to MSIA's departure hall, maybe you can get it stamped there.

    2. but a better choice will be to approach the msia immigration officer at their arrival hall and the officer should be able to help you.

    nothing much to fear, its their fault afterall..
    To be frank, I am scare to go over there. Do not know how they will treat the situation.
    Do not know how dutiful the officer will be, scarcely confiscate my hp and charge me illegal smuggling how?

  8. #8

    Default Re: Passport was not chop when leaving Malaysia.

    all the best in sorting this one out

    do keep us updated... i am sure your experience would benefit others in future

  9. #9

    Default Re: Passport was not chop when leaving Malaysia.

    Quote Originally Posted by aeskywan View Post
    Go to Malaysia high commission and sort it out. Whatever you do, dont try to leave via the 2 causeways. You can run into some problems. One consolation, at least it's the departure that was not chopped so technically you are still in Malaysia. If it was the entry that was not chopped and your passport is checked while you depart, you can be detained for illegal entry. Think one Singaporean girl spend 2 weeks in jail for that recently.
    Thanks, I will try to Malaysia high comm tomorrow.
    Before, I was thinking of borrowing a Malaysia passort and get back into Malaysia. At Malaysia custom just need to flash the passport and you can pass liao.
    Then quickly go the over to do the exit chop.
    Don't know this method can work or not.

    Do they really capture my data when I enter Malaysia. Maybe can wait for 2 month and see if I am reported lost in Malaysia.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Passport was not chop when leaving Malaysia.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I think you have to creat a Silence Sky clone in Malaysia just in case they come looking for him there.
    Tell them to look for me in Club Snap, if they ever ask.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Passport was not chop when leaving Malaysia.

    Quote Originally Posted by nyxx88 View Post
    all the best in sorting this one out

    do keep us updated... i am sure your experience would benefit others in future
    Thanks, will keep you posted.

  12. #12
    Senior Member SilverPine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,539

    Default Re: Passport was not chop when leaving Malaysia.

    Call Malaysia high commission during office hour ASAP and ask for help.
    Canon 5D II, 20-35 f/2.8L, 28-80 f/2.8L, 70-200 f/4L IS, 100-300 f/5.6L, 100 f/2.8 Macro

  13. #13
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: Passport was not chop when leaving Malaysia.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post
    Thanks, I will try to Malaysia high comm tomorrow.
    Before, I was thinking of borrowing a Malaysia passort and get back into Malaysia. At Malaysia custom just need to flash the passport and you can pass liao.
    Then quickly go the over to do the exit chop.
    Don't know this method can work or not.

    Do they really capture my data when I enter Malaysia. Maybe can wait for 2 month and see if I am reported lost in Malaysia.
    This method was used by my previous Jap boss+under table money..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Passport was not chop when leaving Malaysia.

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverPine View Post
    Call Malaysia high commission during office hour ASAP and ask for help.
    Ah Bang... tolong boleh....? Kopi...mau?

    This is what my Malaysian freind taught me to say whenever I get into trouble with Malaysian authority.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Passport was not chop when leaving Malaysia.

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    This method was used by my previous Jap boss+under table money..
    You serious? Proven strategy?
    I will try it if the Malaysian High com wants me to pay a fine.
    You better be serious with this one ok?

  16. #16
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,839
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Passport was not chop when leaving Malaysia.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post
    You serious? Proven strategy?
    I will try it if the Malaysian High com wants me to pay a fine.
    You better be serious with this one ok?
    serious in the sense that you might get into trouble entering into malaysia the next time. better get it sort out at the msian high-comm, especially since the jun holidays are coming.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

  17. #17

    Default Re: Passport was not chop when leaving Malaysia.

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    serious in the sense that you might get into trouble entering into malaysia the next time. better get it sort out at the msian high-comm, especially since the jun holidays are coming.
    Thanks, will do it tomorrow. I hope no need to pay fine.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Passport was not chop when leaving Malaysia.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post
    Before, I was thinking of borrowing a Malaysia passort and get back into Malaysia. At Malaysia custom just need to flash the passport and you can pass liao.
    Then quickly go the over to do the exit chop.
    Don't know this method can work or not.

    Do they really capture my data when I enter Malaysia. Maybe can wait for 2 month and see if I am reported lost in Malaysia.
    this is a criminal offense punishable with a jail term. dun think u want ur records tainted... and spend some time in a foreign jail

  19. #19
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Passport was not chop when leaving Malaysia.

    Quote Originally Posted by nyxx88 View Post
    this is a criminal offense punishable with a jail term. dun think u want ur records tainted... and spend some time in a foreign jail
    Malaysian jails serve quite nice beef curry rice if you want to know.

    Nightly the prison wardens will put on a scarf and dark glasses and perform some dances and songs to entertain the jail birds.

    Most foreigners will go home with fond memories of their time there.
    Last edited by Sion; 9th May 2008 at 12:34 AM.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Passport was not chop when leaving Malaysia.

    Quote Originally Posted by nyxx88 View Post
    this is a criminal offense punishable with a jail term. dun think u want ur records tainted... and spend some time in a foreign jail
    Completely agree! Don't be silly and go try anything funny with immigration matters. You may be able to pay kopi money for traffic offences but immigration offences, don't muck around with it. You might end up going to jail for bribery. If you need to pay fine then so be it... it's cheaper than a jail sentence in Malaysia prison.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •