Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Does Motorcyclist Derserve Respect?

Default Re: Does Motorcyclist Derserve Respect?

There are crazy riders and drivers out there which causes all those arguement. If everyone have the courtesy on the road, it will be lesser Jams and Accidents on the road.

I totally agree with bikes riding on center of the lane especially during jam. Just imagine bikes line up one after another during traffic jam. If you saw the jam at woodland check point you will know how long you have to wait. Or maybe you just count the number of motors passes you during the jam.........

I have seen bike riding at 100KM/H on normal road and 60KM/H on the 1st lane of high way. What were they thinking? I don't know.

To solve the problems, COURTESY is the word.

Drive & Ride safely.....Cheers.

Just my 2cents
    :vhappy:EOS400D

seems to be all drivers on CS are angels. I wish more drivers will join CS
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

vince123123
    Guests

In my view, if a car wants to overtake a motorbike riding in the centre of the lane, he has to move fully to the lane next and then overtake - in the same way he overtakes a car.

If he wants to overtake a bike and YET stay in the same lane, then all I can say is that he's an idiot because he is trying to bully the bike into moving to the side so he can overtake.

As for your final paragraph where the motorbike move to the left so you can overtake more easily - I would say that that is the best approach - it is the same as car drivers moving a little to let others overtake - so long as the bike moves back to the centre once he's done. I do however, not expect a bike rider to do that for me, because if he does, he will end up doing that for hte car behind me, and then end up, riding on the dotted line permanently...

Quote Originally Posted by cookiez View Post
    normally if I see motorcyclists riding on the center of the lane infront of me, I will just follow
    behind and leave a gap between my car and the bikes…I won't try to overtake them or try
    to squeeze them to the side of the lane cos dun want to get into any accident with
    motorcyclists as they are the most vulnerable road users…but drivers behind me will get
    very impatient and will overtake me and the bikes...when they passed by my car, they will
    sure give me a nasty glare…juz becos I dun overtake the bikes like them, I'm in the wrong
    too ???

but I must say its very hard to keep up the pace with the motorbikes and still keep a safe
    distance so I rather they ride near the dotted line of the lane so that cars can drive pass
    them…most of the time when motorcyclists noticed that I've been driving behind them for a
    while, they will automatically switch lane or ride near the dotted line to let me pass…so I juz
    hv to be patient lor...

There are idiot drivers too... Two night ago when I was travelling along 1st lane of SLE returning to amk from woodland, there is this idiot P-Plate white G9 toyota corolla with fog light on travelling behind me. At that time I was already travelling above the speed limit to overtake a car when this stupid idiot keep on flashing at me from behind and I was like "what the hell" I'm already above the speed limit over taking the slower vehicle and yet you still want me to go faster? Since that corolla wanted to go faster I therefore switch over to the second lane and guess what that idiot do? After seeing me switching to the 2nd lane he switch to the 3rd lane and travel at a even slower speed. When I saw that, I decided to switch over to the 1st lane to overtake the car in front and when I did that, that toyota bugger speeded up from the 3rd lane and swtich over to the 1st lane again behind me and start the flashing again and boy this time I really lose it, jammed on my brakes and he immediately slowed down and switch lane to the 3rd lane again. At that point I was seriously wondering why did the traffic police allow such reckless driver to pass his TP and get his license...P plate and treat the road like his playground(saw him giggling with his gf when they are flashing at my car), weather was so good did he have a good reason to switch on the fog light and when you are travelling with passengers have he even tot of what is the consequences if such any accident happens to him while he is playing with such foolish act? I still got the car no plate with me SDWxxxxQ

Quote Originally Posted by Xpose View Post
    There are idiot drivers too... Two night ago when I was travelling along 1st lane of SLE returning to amk from woodland, there is this idiot P-Plate white G9 toyota corolla with fog light on travelling behind me. ......... I still got the car no plate with me SDWxxxxQ
    Wow, you must have very good eye sight, at night, car behind you with fog lamp flashing at you, both at high speed, yet you can read the number plate and P-plate too. Did you slow down so that you get behind him?

There is this phrase "one type of rice feeds one thousand type of people", so there are idiot drivers, riders, pedestrians, etc. There are also those who are courteous. All just need to respect the others choice as long as they don't get other into trouble. If they don't want to respect themselves but want to get themselves killed, we can only feel sorry for them and their family members, nothing else we can do.
    D300 & P5100 :bsmilie:

The life of idiots are cheap.
    No need for hoo haa.

Quote Originally Posted by rvxing View Post
    Wow, you must have very good eye sight, at night, car behind you with fog lamp flashing at you, both at high speed, yet you can read the number plate and P-plate too. Did you slow down so that you get behind him?

There is this phrase "one type of rice feeds one thousand type of people", so there are idiot drivers, riders, pedestrians, etc. There are also those who are courteous. All just need to respect the others choice as long as they don't get other into trouble. If they don't want to respect themselves but want to get themselves killed, we can only feel sorry for them and their family members, nothing else we can do.
    That idiot switch on his interior cabin light too which is why I am able to see that the idiot driver is a guy and the passenger is a gal some more the interior cabin light are those white color type. If you are travelling at a 100km and there is a car behind you, one look at your rear mirror you would be able to see the car number plate even if its at night (coz both of you are travelling at about the same speed) somemore that bugger behind me was providing me with a very good lighting situation that you can take even do photo shoot with a tripod
    Last edited by Xpose; 11th May 2008 at 01:35 PM.

They demand my respect, only when they occupy a space in a lane, not along the dotted line between 2 lanes, and when travelling along high way, doing the same thing on the inner most lane.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael View Post
    I as a 4-wheel driver, do quite think that most motorcyclists do not respect or value their own lives.

2 lanes on the road is meant for 2 vehicles (1 on each lane), but motorcyclists will come in between 2 lanes (and 2 cars) and take makes distant between 2 cars even narrower.

They are classified as slower vehicle and yet they travel on the right most lane especially slower speed than legally expected.

They like to swerve between cars abruptly and in a exceedingly fast manner, many a times they surprise me when I tried to overtake when I confirmed safely to overtake.

What can be done to enforce stricter safety rules on them, or perhaps education would help?

Well uh, yes, but very difficult. Motorcycles are part of the road population. Cars should always be afraid of motorcycles. I think I passed my Class 3 because I gave way to a speeding biker from Mars. Luckily I looked at the rear mirror a little longer. If not when I changed lane, I would have bumped into him. He just turned out from nowhere and zipped past me. Whoa... sometimes these motor chaps scare the hell out of me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234