Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 106

Thread: Please help the dogs in korea!

  1. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    In the void.
    Posts
    1,316

    Default Re: Please help the dogs in korea!

    Quote Originally Posted by Fave78 View Post
    Quote from this site - Now we have a health problem. According to the article, Korean dog "slaughtering and processing is carried out in dirty environments and poses risks to diners' health."

    Haha, so it might invlove human being's health in the end.. history repeat : poultry(chick) virus.....
    I don't mean to be an antagonist, but you don't seem to understand the issue. That's the reason why they want it to be legalised in the first place. So that the slaughtering and processing can be regulated and monitored to health standards.

  2. #62

    Default Re: Please help the dogs in korea!

    Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    No matter what, i discourage eating of dogs.

    Sadly, there nothing much we can do.

    There are still lot of petition on-going, but nothing had change.

    Korea goverment had only temporary banned dog eating culture during the 1988 Seoul Olympics & 2002 World Cup period when it came under international pressure. (FIFA & Olympics Council)
    they so 'plastic'

  3. #63

    Default Re: Please help the dogs in korea!

    Quote Originally Posted by Prismatic View Post
    I don't mean to be an antagonist, but you don't seem to understand the issue. That's the reason why they want it to be legalised in the first place. So that the slaughtering and processing can be regulated and monitored to health standards.
    'Wei da, wei da' !! They saving the dogs now...then why

    Korea goverment had only temporary banned dog eating culture during the 1988 Seoul Olympics & 2002 World Cup period when it came under international pressure. (FIFA & Olympics Council)

  4. #64
    Senior Member Leong23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    within myself
    Posts
    3,192

    Default Re: Please help the dogs in korea!

    Quote Originally Posted by Fave78 View Post
    they so 'plastic'
    Some link to this,

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/1640848.stm

    It is very difficult to enforce the law to ban this...
    Imaging that from high ranking government official and to low ranking police office eat dog meat, it is their culture.

    What can we do is to do just do our part to care for those within our reach...

  5. #65

    Default Re: Please help the dogs in korea!

    Quote Originally Posted by Fave78 View Post
    is it? that's not what some of the members or moderator think, they say animals are just FOOD!! They Compare Man's best friend to little farm animals like chick chick, sheep sheep, ducky ducky, goat goat.......i'm the thread starter, who should i listen to...?
    this is my chick chick



    this is my sheep sheep



    these are my ducky ducks



    this my goat goat



    this my doggy dog



    no questions, i lub my doggy dog the most

  6. #66
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    In the void.
    Posts
    1,316

    Default Re: Please help the dogs in korea!

    You know, unless you slow down and think before you actually post something, nobody is even going to take you seriously. You are taking everything out of context and being irrational.

  7. #67

    Default Re: Please help the dogs in korea!

    <Your posts suggests that you have a very immature and self-contradictory view of the issue.>

    Agree. Somehow the young nowadays have such a comfortable life that they loose sight of what the elder generation has experienced.

  8. #68

    Default Re: Please help the dogs in korea!

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    this my doggy dog



    no questions, i lub my doggy dog the most

    Ewwww....

  9. #69

    Default Re: Please help the dogs in korea!

    Quote Originally Posted by Fave78 View Post

    Haha, so it might invlove human being's health in the end.. history repeat : poultry(chick) virus.....
    i can understand your argument about not eating dogs

    but this, if you don't mind me saying

    is really the fury of the uneducated internet browser. do you ever know how the h5n1 virus works? believe me, it has NOTHING to do with dirty living conditions for chickens.

  10. #70

    Default Re: Please help the dogs in korea!

    Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    Ewwww....
    he ate my right big toe yesterday

    today i will feed him my left big toe

    ahhh the things we do for the love of our pets

  11. #71
    Senior Member Leong23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    within myself
    Posts
    3,192

    Default Re: Please help the dogs in korea!

    Quote Originally Posted by Fave78 View Post
    'Wei da, wei da' !! They saving the dogs now...then why

    Korea goverment had only temporary banned dog eating culture during the 1988 Seoul Olympics & 2002 World Cup period when it came under international pressure. (FIFA & Olympics Council)
    Don't get to emotional.....

    Imaging if i was born and bring up in rural side of South Korea, during summer time, every family is eating dog. Killing of dogs and serving it as a dish is a norm.

    Now someone from oversea is tell me that my "dog eating culture" is inhumane, how do you think i will react? I will just you siaoz, dog only mah, what so big deal.
    Last edited by Leong23; 9th May 2008 at 12:33 AM.

  12. #72
    Senior Member Leong23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    within myself
    Posts
    3,192

    Default Re: Please help the dogs in korea!

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    this my doggy dog



    no questions, i lub my doggy dog the most
    you dog really got character.

  13. #73

    Default Re: Please help the dogs in korea!

    quantity > quality.

    come come. fave78 ask you ar.. why the dogs in korea so special? by displaying this big behaviour of feeling incensed, does this help the dogs? does arguing with people who see your dogs as farm animals help the situation?

    no.

    the best animal activists, the ones who really, really care, are the ones out there who are doing things for the animals. feeding them, arguing with government officials, saving them from the hardships of the street. they have no time to sit around in clubsnap kopitiam to complain about something happening far far away that they cannot affect.

    if you really, really want to help, then it is more or less proven that internet petitions are never taken seriously. if i wanted to, i could sign an entire internet petition with names from a baby dictionary myself until it has 25000 signatures, given enough time. do something active, if you really, really care.

  14. #74

    Default Re: Please help the dogs in korea!

    Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    you dog really got character.
    actually he looks cuter than this

    but when i got this particular radioactive hdr dude to shoot him

    this is what came out

  15. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    2,202

    Default Re: Please help the dogs in korea!

    SAVE THE VEGETABLES!

    Plants don't get enough respect, man. Just because they can't talk doesn't mean that they don't have feelings. Experiments have been carried out that show plants grow better when exposed to soothing music, and less so when subjected to verbal abuse. Plants are LIVING THINGS, the only difference is that they move at a much slower rate than us.

    I have a pet plant at home. I treat it with love and care and I make sure I water it every day, and greet it as I leave home and when I come back from work. (Seriously, I do) How can people even think of making food out of my pet?!
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

  16. #76

    Default Re: Please help the dogs in korea!

    Quote Originally Posted by synapseman View Post
    SAVE THE VEGETABLES!

    Plants don't get enough respect, man. Just because they can't talk doesn't mean that they don't have feelings. Experiments have been carried out that show plants grow better when exposed to soothing music, and less so when subjected to verbal abuse. Plants are LIVING THINGS, the only difference is that they move at a much slower rate than us.

    I have a pet plant at home. I treat it with love and care and I make sure I water it every day, and greet it as I leave home and when I come back from work. (Seriously, I do) How can people even think of making food out of my pet?!
    let's settle this argument pokemon battle style

    my dog versus your plant

    see who wins

    this is called the survival of the fittest

    Last edited by night86mare; 9th May 2008 at 12:38 AM.

  17. #77

    Default Re: Please help the dogs in korea!

    OK lah OK lah, let's pray for all the dogs in the world tonite. Tomorrow another doglife day at work again.

  18. #78
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,374

    Default Re: Please help the dogs in korea!

    wow, i can't believe it... fave78, are you a kid or something?

    you speak like a complete hypocrite... like prismatic says, seriously, you are completely irrational.

    If you really want to put your point forward, you can probably do a better job by stating your viewpoints and back it up instead of trying to slam anyone who doesn't agree with you and using sarcastic tone. Just shows how immature you are.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  19. #79

    Default Re: Please help the dogs in korea!

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    wow, i can't believe it... fave78, are you a kid or something?

    you speak like a complete hypocrite... like prismatic says, seriously, you are completely irrational.

    If you really want to put your point forward, you can probably do a better job by stating your viewpoints and back it up instead of trying to slam anyone who doesn't agree with you and using sarcastic tone. Just shows how immature you are.
    Wow, I thought she was worshipping you along the way of the past 78 postings.

  20. #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    2,202

    Default Re: Please help the dogs in korea!

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    let's settle this argument pokemon battle style

    my dog versus your plant

    see who wins

    this is called the survival of the fittest

    My plant will eat your dog.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •