Thread: Help got a question regarding wedding packages

eudora
    Guests

Default Help got a question regarding wedding packages

I am not sure where I should post this actually... please help me move it if I post wrongly mod...

If I take up a pre-wedding photo shoot package but the company do not do A2 framed pictures... can I go ahead and take one of the photo to do it myself?
    If so what is the cost involved? and where can I do it?

Thanks in advance... hope not too noobish... not a photographer myself so I not sure..

Default Re: Help got a question regarding wedding packages

if you have the high resolution image give to you, you can also get some one help you to make one.

you also can have it diy,

the cost is varied, depend on what type of quality and presentation you want,

a 16"x24" (about A2) large format inkjet print mouthed on formboard will cost you less than $50,

a 16"x24" (about A2) canvas photo with classy wooden frame can cost $250 or more

you also can have it printed on photographic paper and frame it with a IKEA frame for total less than $100.

Now the question is the images given to you are with or without touch up? if without touch up, no point to spend money to make a big print from the un-touch up image. so the touch up is also a cost for you to consider.

btw, you posted on a wrong forum, if you asking a question of where to get it done or where to buy, post in Consumers Corner

and if you looking for someone to do it for you, post in Services Offered / Wanted

hope this help.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

eudora
    Guests

Hi thanks for the info!

The photo would be after edit already... cause it should be one that appears in the wedding album... now just a bit scare that its too low res... roughly how high res should the photo be so that it does not blur when blow up to A2 size?

A2....at least 200 dpi.. 300 dpi would be the best...and also not compressed with factor '10' or less in PS. Some studios like to bluf pple,...xxx by xxx px say can print good 4R....

Use photoshop and do yr own resizing.
    however if the given photo does not have enough pixels, no point to resize.
    Unless you use special software to upsize the pictures and the software does not come cheap.
    So now you know that is not easy to DIY big pictures with given edited files.

eudora
    Guests

thanks guy for the info!

@300dpi, your image size should be 7200x4800 for a 24"x16" print.
    you may get away by using 200dpi, so you need the image size to be at least 4800x3200

do note you can use photoshop to enlarge the image from the softcopy given to you by the company, but it will not giving you any sharpness and details, since most likely they will give you the image in JPG format.

I'm doubting why the company don't want to offer wall portrait to their customer, are you sure about this? or they don't have A2 size but have other similar like 16"x20" or 20"x24"
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio