Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Ten Legal Commandments of Photography!!

Default Re: The Ten Legal Commandments of Photography!!

Quote Originally Posted by bernards View Post
    Using a little common sense usually helps.

There was an idiot at the ECP a few days back. He sneakily started taking shots of my kids and dog. (Sneaky as in always hiding behind the back of my wife and I. When I look at him he'll avoid eye contact and pretend to fiddle with his camera. The moment I looked away he'll start framing, go away and return again.) I don't mind a couple of shots, but after 30 mins... My wife started complaining and give it another few minutes I'll have to start yelling at him. The annoyance is building by the second.

Good for him for not being so stupid that he can't read body language and left us alone... probably off to annoy another family.

If you want to take some street or candids. Go ahead. Flash a smile to reassure your subjects that you mean no harm and find them interesting. What is with the sneaky behavior. If you're the type with no social skills, do the world a favour and choose subjects with no humans involved.
    That's horrible. Its called stalking to me. At least people have the decency to ask me if they want to take a photo of my girls. In the UK, if he were to do that, he might be questioned for being a pheodophile!

He's really giving photographers a bad name! If he can afford it, he probably would go for the 1500mm and shoot from far-far away....be careful of stalkers!
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

Default Re: The Ten Legal Commandments of Photography!!

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    what do i think?

i think that when it comes to the crunch, i'd rather keep my teeth and my camera alive

than to haul someone to court after he has beaten me up

and that is the way of life. in extreme circumstances, laws fly out of the window, and lose all application.
    true, unless your purpose is to get a civil case and get compensation. Just remember to keep your camera protected...
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12