Thread: first pic i post : )

Default first pic i post : )

i'd like feedbacks on everything, i just start my photography journey, and i'm sure i still have lots to learn.
    well i took this picture on Water Day, some people were demonstrating in the middle of the city. by the way, he meant "save water for life" haha. i just want to make more people care about water.
    i like this pic's composition, the sky looks nice and all. so i positioned the men at the far right, so the background shows.

Default Re: first pic i post : )

you might want to crop it to a smaller size. and i feel that your watermark is rather big and distracting, might make it smaller and place it somewhere not so distracting. other than that, i quite like the message given by them

cheers
    Canon 5D MkII, 17-40L, 50 f/1.4, 70-200 f/4L IS

msg written by them was cute and REAL.... but the WB is very off.... think it was at florecent when u took it...very blue....

Agree about the watermark.

The photo also looks a little overexposed. And the white balance/levels...I presume it's there to highlight the 'water' theme? Otherwise a little warmer would be good. ((:

Cool guys, btw.
    Olympus Now and Forever

well, the photo seem over exposed too much..and the attracting point inside the pic is not very obvious, and a lot of empty space inside.. maybe a bit of crop and changes in contrast will help..

Buildings are experiencing "falling" effect. Try to correct it by tilting it back?

The skyline is tilting to one side, abit uncomfortable.

The 2 guys in the bg is great. Adds and bring out the 2 dudes in the foreground.
    EOS 40D | 17-40 F/4L USM

Love the man message, too bad he is Man-u fan. try to level the vertical line next time. There is a blue tint on the photo, like u shoot through some windows or WB problem. Would be great if have some water day activities going on in the background Try to frame them a bit lower or higer vertically , so can fit in 1/3rd part, would prefer higher so less sky, more man. my 10cents