Thread: Arts & Images of NEL...

Default Arts & Images of NEL...

Art In Chinatown

Art In Serangoon

Hands of Hougang

Other images...
    http://www.angelfire.com/alt/itanium...20of%20NEL.htm

Nice series you have! Personally find a few appears to be a little under tho. Perhaps a little adjustment of the curves might help. That'll bring out the colours too.

Just a few more points. The line dividers of the first shot seems slanted, and the side borders of the 3rd pic. Else it'll be a much better series.

Default mmhh

Hi,

How do you like the art panels? Do you think they successfully enhance the communicative aspect of the stations to the neighbourhood towns?

The ones in Hougang are named as "Everyone has a hand in it", signifying unity and common purpose to make something work.

The ones in China Town and Serangoon are Vitreous Enamel panels (bath tub material) and are scratch-resistant. They come from Canada (Design by local artists).

I would prefer to see how the art enhances or interacts with their surrounding environment, instead of just making "photo"-copies of the art here.

As it is in this thread, one can appreciate the artwork but that has nothing to do with the photography/photographer in the sense that anyone with a camera can take these shots.

The challenge to the photographer is to be able to demonstrate why these pieces of art work better in their respective locations than being displayed in some museum. In other words, if the photographs can answer Northenlights' questions, they will have more value.

- Roy
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Originally posted by roygoh
    I would prefer to see how the art enhances or interacts with their surrounding environment, instead of just making "photo"-copies of the art here.

As it is in this thread, one can appreciate the artwork but that has nothing to do with the photography/photographer in the sense that anyone with a camera can take these shots.

The challenge to the photographer is to be able to demonstrate why these pieces of art work better in their respective locations than being displayed in some museum. In other words, if the photographs can answer Northenlights' questions, they will have more value.

- Roy
    Point taken! Thanks for the feedback

My original intention was to present the artwork of various artists , more like a reporter style.
    I guess i have lots more to learn.

Originally posted by Kengar
    Point taken! Thanks for the feedback

My original intention was to present the artwork of various artists , more like a reporter style.
    I guess i have lots more to learn.
    Your're welcomed!

Keep shooting!

- Roy
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

I agree with Roy, not much point in taking pictures of pictures is there?