Thread: X-Processing

Default X-Processing

Hi,

Got a nagging question on my mind... what the hell is cross processing??!!!

Heee...

Ok.. what I heard was it's shots taken on slide films using negative processing to develop it?

Am I right? Details? Details?

yah ... think so ... heard of tat term X-processing before ... developing of Slide using C-41 ...

Default Re: X-Processing

Originally posted by subhuman
    Hi,

Got a nagging question on my mind... what the hell is cross processing??!!!

Heee...

Ok.. what I heard was it's shots taken on slide films using negative processing to develop it?

Am I right? Details? Details?
    cross processing is either using slides on C41 developing or Negatives on E6 processing. the concept of shooting on either will be different... it is also different from shooting on NORMAL slides and B/W.

from Slides on E6, it become "negative" and the colour of the "negatives" is purplish colour.

from Negatvie to C41, it becomes "positives" and the colour of the "postives" becomes greenish colour.

if printing on B/W, the concept of shoot for both above will be different as well....

u have to know what u need before the shoot...

With x-processing you can end up with some very interesting way out colours with increased contrast and grain, all will depend on the film used and the ISO it is rated at. For slides try Fuji Sensia or Kodak Elitechrome rated at 25 ISO then process as C-41.

I haven't done any x-processing since getting back into photog this year but will be soon with Kodak Ektachrome Infrared film. Just need to find the time when I can go out and shoot and get it processed all in the same day.
    Last edited by james m; 21st June 2003 at 09:39 AM.

Whoa! That's a mouthful!

What's C-41 and E6?

Is it negatives processing is called c-41?
    And slide processing is called E6?

But instead you swop the type of processing for the 2 type of film? And it's called cross process?

what's the point in cross processing? To make colors look weird?

i tried before... interesting effect... was taking w sensia 100 x process to film... some may not like the effects though... colour can be very saturated... good to overexpose by 1 stop...

can be done at ruby...

I feel its better to process the films normally then use photoshop's hue/saturation to get the weird tones, so that you still have the normal looking negatives to print the actual picture.

Originally posted by reno77
    I feel its better to process the films normally then use photoshop's hue/saturation to get the weird tones.
    were is the fun in that ....

it is fun to say shoot a roll of slide film process in C-41 and see what you come up with.

That is why I want to try the Kodak Ektachrome Infra-red slide film them x- process. I have seen some results from it and you get almost monotone skin tones and wierd way out colours.
    Last edited by james m; 21st June 2003 at 07:32 PM.

How much is Cross processing? expensive or not? Slide film is that they develop the slides and u choose which one to print out right?