Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sweaty Palms Surgery

Default Sweaty Palms Surgery

Hi, I am thinking of going for surgery to stop my sweaty palms from sweating. But before making such a decision, I would like to find out more about any complications during and after the surgery. I would appreciate a lot if you could provide some useful information.

Thanks

Default Re: Sweaty Palms Surgery

its a very scary and big operation... do u know they will have to deflate ur lungs before they start the operation?

and then when they remove the sweat glands from ur hands, most likely they will "pull" the glands towards ur lower back.. then the next time ur lower back will be wet everytime...

deflating ur lungs most likely will drop ur stamina and personally i dun think its good.... think twice, thrice, quadruple dude...

Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2 View Post
    its a very scary and big operation... do u know they will have to deflate ur lungs before they start the operation?

and then when they remove the sweat glands from ur hands, most likely they will "pull" the glands towards ur lower back.. then the next time ur lower back will be wet everytime...

deflating ur lungs most likely will drop ur stamina and personally i dun think its good.... think twice, thrice, quadruple dude...
    Hi, may I know is this true, cos it sounds quite incredible

Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2 View Post

How do I breath if they deflate my lungs?
    Last edited by Henessy; 1st May 2008 at 12:00 AM.

yes...its true, it was shown on TV and that was wat i was advised by my doctor... i told him that i had sweaty palm and i told him i wanted a surgery... then he told me the details which i then was freaked out... i dint know it was such a complex surgery..

in the end he gave me aluminium chloride solution to rub my hands instead... the solution helps a bit... but not effective... but heck it, now i just heck care my sweaty palm and do watever i like... in fact i had sweaty feet too, and i find my sweaty feet to be worst then my sweaty palm.. i cant wear slippers cos my feet will get too slippery from the sweat to walk properly.. its all inherited and again i heck care it, i wear sandals and shoes instead...

i dunno abt the breathing part.. i have no idea... perhaps the oxygen mask will help? or maybe the lung not deflated fully? these i dunno..
    Last edited by kcuf2; 1st May 2008 at 12:09 AM.

If this is true...

"Surgical procedures

* Surgery (Endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy or ETS): Select sympathetic nerves or nerve ganglia in the chest are either excised (cut out) cut or burned, or clamped (theoretically allowing for the reversal of the procedure)."

then is sounds to me that the procedure involves something smaller than cutting, burning or clamping the end of something thinner than a sewing thread.

kcuf2, could you share with us the name of the doctor and practice/clinic that told you all that?

I am given the aluminium chloride solution, but it kind of irritates my skin. Currently undergoing iontophoresis, but find it very troublesome. That is why I am considering surgery.

Anyway, will my palms sweat again if I go for surgery?

Surgery is a more definitive option. Basically the nerve that causes u to have sweaty palms is destroyed, and if done correctly should not recur. but compensatory sweating in other parts of the body can occur.

You should consult the surgeon for the possible complications that can occur and decide if it is worth balancing the benefits and the risks.

Ryan

do consider accupuncture if you haven't.

my sis went just less than 2 weeks ago.

according to her, keyhole under 1 armpit, deflate 1 lung to access the nerve, then cut it. then inflate the lung. then the other side. (each lung at a time, so still can breathe la)

my sis said so painful after the op, not from the keyhole cut...from the nerve wor, as it affects the nervous system. also breathless, gotta breathe hard to fully inflate the lungs, else may hv consequences.

no more sweaty palm, but sweat direct to another part.

anyway its a major op, was given 1 month MC.
    Last edited by Yeowww; 1st May 2008 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    kcuf2, could you share with us the name of the doctor and practice/clinic that told you all that?

its not a normal small clinic, its the big national skin center. doctor wise, i dunno the name already, its been more than 5 yrs since i went there...

Oh, ok. Thanks.

Sounds like a major surgery involved.

Have you tried all other options? Surgery should be the last resort, for obvious reasons. A friend of mine tried accupuncture to cure her sweaty palms and it worked, according to her.

Does anyone know of ways to solve excessive sweating?

The surgery is not without risks, please consult a doctor. It is major. I have a friend who benefited from acupuncture. Though i personally don't believe in it, from wat i saw it apparently works!? No harm trying from a licensed practitioner.

Arrow Re: Sweaty Palms Surgery

I concur, this is a very major surgery and it's better to discuss and consult with healthcare prefessionals rather than Clubsnap Kopitiam forum.

Quote Originally Posted by di0nysus View Post
    do consider accupuncture if you haven't.
    Hi, I did went for acupunture, but does not seem to be very effective. Only stop sweating for 1-2 days...

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    I concur, this is a very major surgery and it's better to discuss and consult with healthcare prefessionals rather than Clubsnap Kopitiam forum.
    Thanks for your concern. I actually just want to have a rough idea about it. I will be going to consult a doctor from NSC.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeowww View Post
    my sis went just less than 2 weeks ago.

according to her, keyhole under 1 armpit, deflate 1 lung to access the nerve, then cut it. then inflate the lung. then the other side. (each lung at a time, so still can breathe la)

my sis said so painful after the op, not from the keyhole cut...from the nerve wor, as it affects the nervous system. also breathless, gotta breathe hard to fully inflate the lungs, else may hv consequences.

no more sweaty palm, but sweat direct to another part.

anyway its a major op, was given 1 month MC.

Hi, but will it affect my stamina and physical fitness? Thinking of going for surgery to save $$$ cause now NS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast