Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37

Thread: Growth Dividends Today!

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    SengKang
    Posts
    628

    Default Re: Growth Dividends Today!

    i was juz checking my internet banking acct. then i saw GD , deposit of $200 (m i allowed to post this?), then next row, i saw debit, for internet and phone bill + town council conservancy charges, already more than $200. tat means my GD use up already

  2. #22
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: Growth Dividends Today!

    Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post
    i was juz checking my internet banking acct. then i saw GD , deposit of $200 (m i allowed to post this?), then next row, i saw debit, for internet and phone bill + town council conservancy charges, already more than $200. tat means my GD use up already
    well at least u can have some of your bills paid while i cant even clear my phone bills!

  3. #23

    Default Re: Growth Dividends Today!

    Are you ungrateful? Mr Lee Hsien Long gave you money and you are not happy?

    Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2 View Post
    no need so happy....... very soon ur money will be taken back again...

    lets guess what items' prices are going to rise?

  4. #24
    Senior Member creampuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dover
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: Growth Dividends Today!

    Seriously I can't help feeling the amount is a mere pittance in the larger context of things. The nation can spend billions on defence, buy stakes in foreign banks at short notice (which we can currently write off as paper losses) and keep spending/investing unchecked, yet it is unable/unwilling to substantially improve the plight of the chronically poor and the average person. This is a PR exercise plain and simple and designed to generate as much political spin.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    KFC
    Posts
    1,776

    Default Re: Growth Dividends Today!

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Lee View Post
    Are you ungrateful? Mr Lee Hsien Long gave you money and you are not happy?
    old man, go back home sit down. put on ur glasses and wait and see wat price rises is coming in the future.

  6. #26

    Default Re: Growth Dividends Today!

    prices going up are part and parcel of life. grow up and open your eyes. the lee government is good enough to you us money to help out. u should be appreciative. the good and complaining lifes of the complaining lot is built upon the toil and blood of your the fathers without whom u will not be here today

    Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2 View Post
    old man, go back home sit down. put on ur glasses and wait and see wat price rises is coming in the future.

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    opp. East Coast Park
    Posts
    1,124

    Default Re: Growth Dividends Today!

    Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post
    i was juz checking my internet banking acct. then i saw GD , deposit of $200 (m i allowed to post this?), then next row, i saw debit, for internet and phone bill + town council conservancy charges, already more than $200. tat means my GD use up already
    WAhhh... u so lucky got $200!
    Dun complain la... I only got a miserable $75!
    At first I saw my bank got $75 come in, i happy... dunno come from where...
    Then I checked and it said "Growth Dividends".... then i know must be from garmen...
    Then I sad... think xianzzz.... get little again... all becos I stay condo...
    Stay condo means very rich meh? If I wanna get cash advance from bank, will they lend me just cos I stay condo? No... banks will not even lend me cash advance...
    Garmen give me little money....
    Where to go and get money?!?
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

  8. #28

    Default Re: Growth Dividends Today!

    no you are very poor to stay in condo

    really

    the ones staying in 3 room hdb flat should be richer than those staying in condo, this is only logical



    p.s. now housing market very huat, you can sell your condo for $$$

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    opp. East Coast Park
    Posts
    1,124

    Default Re: Growth Dividends Today!

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    no you are very poor to stay in condo

    really

    the ones staying in 3 room hdb flat should be richer than those staying in condo, this is only logical



    p.s. now housing market very huat, you can sell your condo for $$$
    Brother, I stay in condo doesn't mean I own the condo!!!
    Doesn't mean that I bought the condo just cos I stay there.
    If I have to pay for house, given my current status, I can only afford to bring a box to the park!!! Can't even afford 3-room flat ah!

    And yes, there are a good number of pple staying in HDB (not necessarily 3-rm flat but as long as u stay HDB, you get a good payout comparatively) but they can well afford condo with no sweat. Also, there are those who stay HDB but owns some condos and rents them out!

    Pls think of the logic. Stay condo dun mean rich. Stay HDB dun mean poor. It seems like your train of thought follows that of the Singapore garmen.

    Btw, before I stayed in condo, I was staying in a 3-room flat HDB, but my mum also owns a condo and rents it out!
    So u tell me, is my mum very poor to stay in 3-room flat?
    OK, leave me out since I neither own the condo, nor 3-room flat.

    Also, staying in 3-room flat does not mean poor because if I am staying alone or 2 persons staying together, they may feel that a 3-room flat is very comfortable. I tell you, to clean a big house is sweat. Small house easy to maintain, some people like. Does not mean they cannot afford bigger house then they stay small house.

    Tell you another thing. My uncle's family stays in a small 4-room flat but he drives a Porche that costs 6-figure. Yahh... go figure. Oh btw, he has another SUV besides this Porche.

    Anyway, I only wish banks also think like you and the garmen...
    I wish I can show my condo address and get cash advance... no need to crack my head where to find money!!!
    Of course we know, banks are the smartest so they will never follow this warped logic.
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    SengKang
    Posts
    628

    Default Re: Growth Dividends Today!

    Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    Brother, I stay in condo doesn't mean I own the condo!!!
    Doesn't mean that I bought the condo just cos I stay there.
    If I have to pay for house, given my current status, I can only afford to bring a box to the park!!! Can't even afford 3-room flat ah!

    And yes, there are a good number of pple staying in HDB (not necessarily 3-rm flat but as long as u stay HDB, you get a good payout comparatively) but they can well afford condo with no sweat. Also, there are those who stay HDB but owns some condos and rents them out!

    Pls think of the logic. Stay condo dun mean rich. Stay HDB dun mean poor. It seems like your train of thought follows that of the Singapore garmen.

    Btw, before I stayed in condo, I was staying in a 3-room flat HDB, but my mum also owns a condo and rents it out!
    So u tell me, is my mum very poor to stay in 3-room flat?
    OK, leave me out since I neither own the condo, nor 3-room flat.

    Also, staying in 3-room flat does not mean poor because if I am staying alone or 2 persons staying together, they may feel that a 3-room flat is very comfortable. I tell you, to clean a big house is sweat. Small house easy to maintain, some people like. Does not mean they cannot afford bigger house then they stay small house.

    Tell you another thing. My uncle's family stays in a small 4-room flat but he drives a Porche that costs 6-figure. Yahh... go figure. Oh btw, he has another SUV besides this Porche.

    Anyway, I only wish banks also think like you and the garmen...
    I wish I can show my condo address and get cash advance... no need to crack my head where to find money!!!
    Of course we know, banks are the smartest so they will never follow this warped logic.
    i stay hdb, i also got no money, tats y $200..

  11. #31
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: Growth Dividends Today!

    Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    Pls think of the logic. Stay condo dun mean rich. Stay HDB dun mean poor. It seems like your train of thought follows that of the Singapore garmen.


    Did you mean a stooge?

    ../azul123

  12. #32
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: Growth Dividends Today!

    Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    Pls think of the logic. Stay condo dun mean rich. Stay HDB dun mean poor. It seems like your train of thought follows that of the Singapore garmen.
    Double posted.

    ../azul123
    Last edited by azul123; 4th May 2008 at 12:49 PM.

  13. #33
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: Growth Dividends Today!

    Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    Pls think of the logic. Stay condo dun mean rich. Stay HDB dun mean poor. It seems like your train of thought follows that of the Singapore garmen.
    As above.

    ../azul123
    Last edited by azul123; 4th May 2008 at 12:51 PM.

  14. #34

    Default Re: Growth Dividends Today!

    Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post

    Pls think of the logic. Stay condo dun mean rich. Stay HDB dun mean poor. It seems like your train of thought follows that of the Singapore garmen.
    i question your agenda for posting such misleading information regarding porsches and what nots.

    or maybe you are too busy earning money to read the papers with regards to how the gst package/growth dividends are doled out. seems like azul is also very very busy person, either that or more interested in accusations which are groundless.

    here:





    YOUR ANNUAL INCOME ALSO HAS A PART TO PLAY IN THE DISTRIBUTION. you say that there is little thought going into planning this distribution, i beg to differ. if you don't understand the diagrams, once your income bracket hits annual $24K to $100K, you straight away get less even if you stay in 3 room hdb flat. more than $100K only get the minimum amount possible.

    there will also be arguments that retirees will be jialat. stay in condo and no source of income how? then they add on a bit more if you are 60 years and above.

    so your scenario of porsche, etc.. unless your example is a drug dealer who doesn't declare his income, then it is MORE THAN LIKELY that his annual income surpasses the bracket and no, the government does not base the payouts PURELY on the lodging you stay in.

    to state so is a very ludicrous argument, and i am glad the government isn't quite the way you think it to be.

    as for "poor" people staying with their parents, like you; well, how many of them are there, to be fair? i won't call you "squeezed" either - if your family can afford a condo, it is certainly, certainly much more well-off than a family whose members earn less than $24K annual income, and who are staying in a 3 room hdb flat. don't you think they deserve more than you?

    which is why i said - if you feel very poor, sell your condo. one of my friends was telling me about this joke, i find it very apt here:

    a primary school student wrote an essay about poverty as directed by the class teacher. it went:

    "my household is very poor. my gardener is very poor. my chaffeur is very poor. my maid is very poor...."

  15. #35

    Default Re: Growth Dividends Today!

    Hehe used liao!

  16. #36

    Default Re: Growth Dividends Today!

    Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2 View Post
    old man, go back home sit down. put on ur glasses and wait and see wat price rises is coming in the future.
    cool it bro. the inflation is creeping up real fast and we have to face the situation.

    maybe we should be more kind with words.

  17. #37

    Default Re: Growth Dividends Today!

    Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    Stay condo means very rich meh?
    It is not easy to determine who are the really wealthy ones. This is an exercise to redistribute wealth through direct cash. I know of people who stay in very very old 3rm flat, drives expensive cars and actually owns a bungalow or two. In fact, some of these people are the ones who go on chasing vouchers and promotions alongside with the ordinary folks in the same estate. Every penny saved is every penny gained.

    There is no perfect or fair way to give out cash in accordance to an individual's real income and wealth.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •