Thread: Day & Night CBD Skyline

Default Day & Night CBD Skyline

Day & Night CBD Skyline from Esplanade
    Focal Length : 17mm x 1.6 @ 28mm
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Nice exposure you have! The different appearance of the water is like telling a story.

Er... you waited there for that few hours to take 3 shots? And ..er...how did you take that shot with that 1.6 FLM?
    Last edited by togu; 20th June 2003 at 05:28 PM.

OOps, ignore my 2nd question, I mis-read that your focal length was 17mm.

Originally posted by togu

Er... you waited there for that few hours to take 3 shots?
    from 18:48:20 to 19:50:52 , I took 18 shots of this angle.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Originally posted by megaweb
    from 18:48:20 to 19:50:52 , I took 18 shots of this angle.

Nice!

Very nice concept!

I have a suggestion.

If you have a day to spend, go there during sun rise, and take a shot every hour until sun set. You can choose to pan the camera a little bit for every shot (moving from left to right) or just use a wide angle to capture the entire scene.

At post processing, you can blend all the shots to give a smooth transition from day to night moving from the right to left of the frame.

Your photo here could have been better if the converging verticals are removed first. To enable that you would have to overlap each frame by more than 30% to gove enough "waste" space.

- Roy
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Me thinkz, granted that a gradual transition from day to night would be more natural looking, this interpretion also works for me. The two "lines" in between are impactful in a "pop art" sort of way...very graphic, very modern. I would love to have this hanging in my living room.

Originally posted by Zookeeper
    Me thinkz, granted that a gradual transition from day to night would be more natural looking, this interpretion also works for me. The two "lines" in between are impactful in a "pop art" sort of way...very graphic, very modern. I would love to have this hanging in my living room.
    same here !!!!
    the way the pic is taken has got the feel

7ways

what a great idea! never seen this done b4. steady lar~~

only nit is that the water in the first two are blurred becos of long shutter, but in the third (day shot) it's not. makes a big contrast. but of course that can't be helped, unless u wanna use + dunno how many ND filter?

Hi,

I'll say it again...........GREAT IDEA , coupled with great skill to carry it off. May i know what software you use to stitch the individual pics together......i tried taking a simple panorama of the same pic and it doesn't even turn out 10% of wat u've got.

Trying to blame it on the program i use but reckon poor skill played an instrumental part in the lousy pic.

Cheers
    Kilkenny

Mega, this is a very interesting idea and feel that your hard work has paid off.

very interesting.

u can see how the current / tide changes also.