Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you clean the camera after a outdoor shoot?

Default Re: How do you clean the camera after a outdoor shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    i will closed the door and windows, switch on air-con, wipe the exteriors with a damp cloth, blow away the dust with a blower, keep body and lenses in dry cabi, lastly take out neck strap to be washed and sun dried later.
    May I know what type of Camera neckstrap can be easily taken out?

Is it ok to put the camera straight into the drybox after each outing or do I have to let it "cool down" first?

Quote Originally Posted by monktian View Post
    Is it ok to put the camera straight into the drybox after each outing or do I have to let it "cool down" first?
    Why not? You put your camera in to absorb moisture right? In fact, the "cooling down" is in the drybox/cabinet.

Quote Originally Posted by dorts View Post
    Why not? You put your camera in to absorb moisture right? In fact, the "cooling down" is in the drybox/cabinet.
    How do you know whether the dry cabinet is working? E.g. Spoilt? By looking at the humidity meter?

Quote Originally Posted by monktian View Post
    How do you know whether the dry cabinet is working? E.g. Spoilt? By looking at the humidity meter?
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    Yeap. Can be purchased from John 3:16. I notice the Rocket Blower I used to have became sticky after about half a year of usage, so I got the A*F blower, and its exterior condition is like when it was new. No degradation of rubber or such.

Apparently, John 3:16's own blower is an A*F blower that's been around for so many years, it's discoloured to the state it's now in (go check out their blower if you happen to drop by. It's a bit greenish brownish blue, no longer just light blue. hehe.
    Actually this blower is quite popular, I got it from TK Foto and saw that Orient Photo sell it too.

Hmm... Actually this blower is also used by the Pentax Service Center technicians.
    Let's get rolling :)

clean...errr..me? oops!!! time to start practise it..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12