Thread: Smoking Josstick

Default Smoking Josstick

Hi guys,

this is my first shot here and would like to get some comments. This was taken is in one of the small shop in Little India.

This photo was edited with Picture Project.....

Was using a Nikon D70s, 70-300....

Default Re: Smoking Josstick

hmmm, the pic gives a kinda ancient-feel... howevr its a little messy don't you think?
    "We will see Him, coming down the clouds from heaven... In Majesty"

may i know why have you included the box?
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

ehhh....actually hor

i did not include the box deliberately, this was actually someone's stall selling the joss stick...and i just took a snap at their set up...

hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    may i know why have you included the box?

ehh...i dont know if its too messy...coz this is my first shot....hahahaha...i took it from a stall in little india

Quote Originally Posted by pplneedthelord View Post
    hmmm, the pic gives a kinda ancient-feel... howevr its a little messy don't you think?

Cluttered and messy. Your intended subject of focus is not in focus to begin with. Instead, the box and the surface that the joss stick is resting on are taking the attention away because they are more in focus than the joss stick itself.

The mood is achieved; attention to the subject, however, is not.

thanks, and noted your advice, will managed it next time round....

Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    Cluttered and messy. Your intended subject of focus is not in focus to begin with. Instead, the box and the surface that the joss stick is resting on are taking the attention away because they are more in focus than the joss stick itself.

The mood is achieved; attention to the subject, however, is not.

this pic has a great tone to enhance the objects in the pic cant seem to find a story here,if i may say so myselfcz i do find a story in all pic that i seebut i still must find a story here the fragrance sticks have a great importance in a indian life.......its used in all temples, homes.and also at funerals infact its found all over india,and are even cheap. this pic shows a stick burning away,its smoke pregnant with fragrance,soothing one and all who passes by close the end.actually i find a very good balance here,with so many objects competing for viewers attention......

Interesting that you mentioned that so many ohjects competing for viewers attention and I must say you tell a tale of the pic which has nothing to begin with....cool....

Quote Originally Posted by newlife View Post
    this pic has a great tone to enhance the objects in the pic cant seem to find a story here,if i may say so myselfcz i do find a story in all pic that i seebut i still must find a story here the fragrance sticks have a great importance in a indian life.......its used in all temples, homes.and also at funerals infact its found all over india,and are even cheap. this pic shows a stick burning away,its smoke pregnant with fragrance,soothing one and all who passes by close the end.actually i find a very good balance here,with so many objects competing for viewers attention......