Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Singapore My Home - Celebrating the Singapore Spirit" Photography Competition

Default "Singapore My Home - Celebrating the Singapore Spirit" Photography Competition

[IMG]http://www.*********.com/event/2008/A2Poster.jpg[/IMG]

Default Re: "Singapore My Home - Celebrating the Singapore Spirit" Photography Competition

wow nice prizes..d300! so tempting

thansk for the info brO! 30may abit rush for me given my exams..

Default Re: "Singapore My Home - Celebrating the Singapore Spirit" Photography Competition

the T&C is abit erm.... photos become theirs and must ask THEM permission to use? furtherance of national & public interest? this kind of blanket T&C covers like... EVERYTHING.

sigh..

If I have a photo of some stranger I took at NDP 07, do I need model release to use that pic for contest or don't need? Any legal stuff tied up with that?

prize is very attractive but the T&C is a bit turn off...

as what bro skopio says, photo becomes theirs when u submit and they reserve every rights to use for advertisement etc.

Quote Originally Posted by nystalia View Post
    prize is very attractive but the T&C is a bit turn off...

as what bro skopio says, photo becomes theirs when u submit and they reserve every rights to use for advertisement etc.
    photos become theirs quite common. sometimes it's only winner's photos, sometimes it's all submitted photos. the question is if it becomes their property, must i ask them when i use my own photo for any purpose? totally ridiculous if you ask me.

and yet people don't mind joining because of the attractive prize. sigh.

then again, compared to most hobbyist like us, how many of us are making money selling the rights of our photos to clients or potential customers? it might be "unethical" perhaps if we believe we can simply join and give away the rights but on a lighter note, besides their marketing campaign at least the photos were used on a positive message, not to promote their product as a pure advertisement.

i can take it that if my picture was used to promote uniquely singapore, its a recognition still. without that competition, i wouldn't have been motivated to create that image, furthermore whether i will be able to find someone to buy the rights of that photo (otherwise i'll just store it in the harddisk and no one is appreciating it).

yes they always mentioned those reserve all rights blah blah, how often you really see the picture being used.

i've won 3rd for the vivo last year and they merely exhibited at vivocity, for the aids competition, they too merely exhibited at cineleisure. i'm sure they aren't that merciless as to totally exploit the photos of all the particpants.

there's the option of not joining but to me its just an opportunity to compete, and competition breeds creativity and innovativity. I'll take it as another chance to learn, to improve to a better level.

the prize is tempting, monetaraily. cannot fault us for greed, its human nature to desire and formost hobbyist, d300 is really a huge hanging carrot

conclusively, my vote is to go for it, 90% the pictures will not be used for extreme marketing for sure, otherwise, be proud your picture is plastered all over singapore for free credits and recognition.

I believe the should belong to the photographer, althought the organiser can use selected photos for publicities purposes.

Giving them FULL RIGHTS, worst, authors needs their permission to use our own photos is first time in photo competition!

What if they use it to make profits? And credit those photos as theirs, say *********.com?

The organiser is taking more than one step backwards in terms of promoting intelecuture property rights.

The communbity here should demand an explaination from the organiser.

I believe they should belong to the photographer, althought the organiser can use selected photos for publicities purposes.

Giving them FULL RIGHTS, worst, authors needs their permission to use our own photos is first time in photo competition!

What if they use it to make profits? And credit those photos as theirs, say *********.com?

The organiser is taking more than one step backwards in terms of promoting intelecuture property rights.

I believe they should belong to the photographer, althought the organiser can use selected photos for publicities purposes.

The organiser is taking more than one step backwards in terms of promoting interlecuture property rights.

Quote Originally Posted by jetspeed818 View Post
    I believe the should belong to the photographer, althought the organiser can use selected photos for publicities purposes.

WoW!! in 03 years, u made only 85post!! No offence, but i dun tink te organiser should make any explanation to anybody. This is jus a competition...if u want to participate, jus follow te term n condition, if u dun like the term n condition...jus dun enter lah....

Anyone recieve a letter vis POST from them? I recieved an invitation from sandvengroup.

me too
    When life hands u lemons.... ASK FOR TEQUILA AND SALT!

check liao...it;s only invitation for the exhibition only....to see the winning pics

Quote Originally Posted by LOTUSfairy View Post
    check liao...it;s only invitation for the exhibition only....to see the winning pics
    So we didn't win. lol I am think whether to go down after work... guess not. :P

Quote Originally Posted by soons View Post
    So we didn't win. lol I am think whether to go down after work... guess not. :P
    wat if u really win? and nobody collect the prize for u? btw i dun tink the winner result is out yet, everybody still has a chance... especially those with invit...better go down take a look in case you really win.

Hi, your invitation is for prize presentation ceremony and exhibition opening or just exhibition only?

From http://www.*********.com/forum/showt...=2394#post2394

"Due to space constraints, we are only able to invite the winners to the prize presentation and the exhibition opening. Hope this clarifies.)"

so i guess whoever invited will get at least a "Nikon collectible windbreaker and cap"
    Last edited by kiama; 13th July 2008 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kiama View Post
    From http://www.*********.com/forum/showt...=2394#post2394

"Due to space constraints, we are only able to invite the winners to the prize presentation and the exhibition opening. Hope this clarifies.)"

so i guess whoever invited will get at least a "Nikon collectible windbreaker and cap"
    they've two different kind of invitation? I'm a bit confused. I'll check with them tmr.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast