Thread: Newbie alert! Please rescue!

Default Newbie alert! Please rescue!

I just bought a holga lunatic pack thru this site; http://www.lomography.com/holga/pack...a-lunatic-pack. And just when I'm starting to indulge in my new found hobby, i realized something is terribly wrong. (or that's just what I thought) Anyway, the package included a ring and a strobe flash, but the thing is, the actual camera doesn't have a hotshoe. So how the heck could I be able to use those lights with this unit? Even the sync socket is non-existing! Please pardon my ignorance. Help! Help! Would really appreciate it.

Default Re: Newbie alert! Please rescue!

impossible

all holgas have hotshoes, to my knowledge anyways; exception seems to be the models with F.. for flash.. built-inflash anyways

which model is yours?
    Last edited by night86mare; 27th April 2008 at 03:48 AM.

It doesn't really have one. I got a Holga 120CFN. The weird thing is, why would they (the online store) include those accessories in the package, such as a ring flash and a strobe flash with a hotshoe mount, that are not compatible with the unit??

Quote Originally Posted by bogakster View Post
    It doesn't really have one. I got a Holga 120CFN. The weird thing is, why would they (the online store) include those accessories in the package, such as a ring flash and a strobe flash with a hotshoe mount, that are not compatible with the unit??
    it has a built-in flash? then it will not have a hot shoe..

see quote:
    Holga 120CFN : It has been added a interesting features basic on the Holga 120FN. “C” is stands for “color”, so Holga 120CFN has a internal “Color” flash. It’s 4 different color filter in front of the flash, they are red, blue, yellow and original (no color/white). You can use it to take special effect photo. You can decide to turn it on or off like Holga 120FN too. It doesn’t have a hot shoe too. Except the color flash and the hot shoe, all other features are same as Holga 120N.
    as to why and how.. gotta ask them. why not?

well, on the bright side, you can always get a 120n. it's the cheapest of the lot.
    Last edited by night86mare; 27th April 2008 at 03:58 AM.

Actually, I already did. Still has no reply from them. I just don't understand how could they overlooked such incompatibilit.. It's so frustrating.

Hi bogakster,

The Ringflash you can still use because it has a slave function. In this case, you mount onto your Holga's lens, then just fire as normal. Your Holga's built-in flash will fire, but the flash that will expose your film will be from the Ringflash, not the built-in flash.

As for the Holgon Strobe Flash... haha! I don't have that but the lomography.com doesn't seem to suggest any slave function on that. That one u gotta ask lomography.com... haha! Or you can sell... OR, you could use it on any other camera you have that's got a hotshoe. Think strobe is cool. Haha!

Anyway, email the staff and ask lor... but I doubt you'll get a refund or what since it's all shown in the package, and as night86mare pointed out, they DID state that the CFN doesn't have a hotshoe. AND the website also said that the Holgon would have to fired seperately. =)
    incywincyspider climbup the waterspout...

Guys thanks for the time and effort. I really appreciate it. Maybe buying that package was still a blessing. Eventhough I cant use the strobe flash with the CFN, now i have a flash for my nikon d80!