Thread: Anyone using Aperture 2?

Default Anyone using Aperture 2?

Is there anyone using Aperture here? How do you compare it with photoshop?

Default Re: Anyone using Aperture 2?

no comparison. aperture's strength is image management while photoshop is all about editing and enhancing the image. aperture allows some simple editing which should be sufficient for most of the images, but not to the level of sophistication that photoshop provides.

aperture is not a photoshop substitute. however, depending on your personal processing workflow and preferences, you may or may not need photoshop after using aperture to adjust your images. personally i find myself using photoshop less and less, except for things like custom watermarking.

aperture allows you to round-trip images out to photoshop (or any external editor) for further adjustments. version 2.1 also introduced a plugin architecture that allows additional editing/enhancement tools to be written by third-party vendors such as noiseware.
    eyes | head | feet | flickr | APAD: straight from camera

Quote Originally Posted by varf View Post
    aperture is not a photoshop substitute. however, depending on your personal processing workflow and preferences, you may or may not need photoshop after using aperture to adjust your images. personally i find myself using photoshop less and less, except for things like custom watermarking.
    yup...i use photoshop less nowadays. btw....you know aperture can add watermarks for you right? you just need to create the watermark image using photoshop once, then tell aperture to use it. can even customize the opacity from aperture.

http://victorfoto.com/etutorialsvf/e...rtmark_vf.html

Quote Originally Posted by varf View Post
    aperture allows you to round-trip images out to photoshop (or any external editor) for further adjustments. version 2.1 also introduced a plugin architecture that allows additional editing/enhancement tools to be written by third-party vendors such as noiseware.
    have you checked out this plugin? nice to use.

http://web.mac.com/reinharduebel/BorderFX/

Thanks for your replies.
    i just started using aperture and never had the chance to use photoshop so i dont know the difference. i guess ill use the most of what i have.

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    yup...i use photoshop less nowadays. btw....you know aperture can add watermarks for you right? you just need to create the watermark image using photoshop once, then tell aperture to use it. can even customize the opacity from aperture.
    yes, i actually fiddled with that for a bit but in the end settled for a manual process as i needed to customize the watermark to each photo.

thanks for the BorderFX link, will check that out
    eyes | head | feet | flickr | APAD: straight from camera