Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Adobe Lightroom Vs Apple Aperture 2.0

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    somewhere near...
    Posts
    2,114

    Default Adobe Lightroom Vs Apple Aperture 2.0

    Which one do you guys prefer? I am currently using the Lightroom.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Adobe Lightroom Vs Apple Aperture 2.0

    I believe LightRoom is better compare to Aperture2

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,139

    Default Re: Adobe Lightroom Vs Apple Aperture 2.0

    ive been using LR for quite sometime now and its really good expecially shooting on RAW...

  4. #4

    Default Re: Adobe Lightroom Vs Apple Aperture 2.0

    I'm also using LR & CS3. Anyone know why the exposure of the photos looks o.k in my camera but under exposure when I opened using LR or CS3? now I'm really dunno which exposure is correct, my camera or LR/CS3? Something has been set wringly in LR/CS3?

  5. #5

    Default Re: Adobe Lightroom Vs Apple Aperture 2.0

    You could always d/l AP2.1 and test trial it for 30 days. Like it, buy it!

    Using CS3 + Aperture 2.1. Excellent Workflow.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    somewhere near...
    Posts
    2,114

    Default Re: Adobe Lightroom Vs Apple Aperture 2.0

    I just got an iMac thats why! hahaha. been a Windows user all my life! Finally tried a Mac and I am like divorcing my Windows!! haha. Anyway I tried Apertue 2.0 as compared to Lightroom. My conclusion.

    LIGHTROOM is the winner ( To me at least ) But yes I like the Photo Book service by Aperture 2.0! But there are online books making service. I believe there is one burb?? Something like that??

  7. #7

    Default Re: Adobe Lightroom Vs Apple Aperture 2.0

    Agreed. The Photo Book/Album Feature is truly useful, BUT most places where you develop Photo Books already have their own proprietary software. In fact, they prefer that you use theirs! Thats from experience when I wanted to make my client's Album/Book.

    Anyway, my MBP is getting old (First Intel Model), and though I have to say that Macs are nice, their Hardware just doesn't cut it for the price. And if I do sneak back half a foot back into the Windows Camp, I guess I have to go with Lightroom. No choice.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Adobe Lightroom Vs Apple Aperture 2.0

    And just to add, if you're processing RAW or working RAW, and if you store your files offline, say on a Portable HDD, I find Aperture Churning the pictures back and forth into the computer pretty slow. Its in fact driving me a little nuts sometimes.

    :|

  9. #9

    Default Re: Adobe Lightroom Vs Apple Aperture 2.0

    I guess I'm the only one here using Aperture, eh?

    I like Aperture because it saved my wallet off ~S$200, for essentially the [more or less] same function as Lightroom, which is to edit photos. Aperture seems a bit limited, and I do like Lightroom for its intergration with Photoshop, but hey, you get what you pay for, right?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    somewhere near...
    Posts
    2,114

    Default Re: Adobe Lightroom Vs Apple Aperture 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldliong View Post
    I guess I'm the only one here using Aperture, eh?

    I like Aperture because it saved my wallet off ~S$200, for essentially the [more or less] same function as Lightroom, which is to edit photos. Aperture seems a bit limited, and I do like Lightroom for its intergration with Photoshop, but hey, you get what you pay for, right?
    So far been using LR . Like it!

  11. #11

    Default Re: Adobe Lightroom Vs Apple Aperture 2.0

    If you are doing more than editing - aperture v2.1 is draggy when you are doing adjustments - yeah they place the sharpen function in some strange place when compared to LR.

    If you are going to have large libraries Aperture has some issues in speed and stablity. From Aperture forum, corrupted libraries can be wiped out on a rebuild.

    As a pure editing platform - Aperture is more friendly to the eye than LR. You can do full screen editing in Aperture with a one keystroke command LR requires a couple of key strokes and its still not full screen...only in slide show mode. Yeah do this on a 24" imac it can be addictive.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sydney/Singapore
    Posts
    360

    Default Re: Adobe Lightroom Vs Apple Aperture 2.0

    lightroom kicks ass. big time!

  13. #13

    Default Re: Adobe Lightroom Vs Apple Aperture 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by highspeed View Post
    I'm also using LR & CS3. Anyone know why the exposure of the photos looks o.k in my camera but under exposure when I opened using LR or CS3? now I'm really dunno which exposure is correct, my camera or LR/CS3? Something has been set wringly in LR/CS3?
    your ICM profile is incorrect
    My flickr! Album - Sony a6000 (CZ 24-70) / CZ 85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/montoyasg/

  14. #14

    Default Re: Adobe Lightroom Vs Apple Aperture 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by ellery View Post
    If you are doing more than editing - aperture v2.1 is draggy when you are doing adjustments - yeah they place the sharpen function in some strange place when compared to LR.

    If you are going to have large libraries Aperture has some issues in speed and stablity. From Aperture forum, corrupted libraries can be wiped out on a rebuild.

    As a pure editing platform - Aperture is more friendly to the eye than LR. You can do full screen editing in Aperture with a one keystroke command LR requires a couple of key strokes and its still not full screen...only in slide show mode. Yeah do this on a 24" imac it can be addictive.

    Where can i buy Aperture 2 with the best deal? Seems like it is >300 in Apple Store online.
    Canon 40D 17-55mm/f2.8 IS, 50mm/f1.8, 70-200mm/f4 IS

  15. #15

    Default Re: Adobe Lightroom Vs Apple Aperture 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by ellery View Post
    If you are doing more than editing - aperture v2.1 is draggy when you are doing adjustments - yeah they place the sharpen function in some strange place when compared to LR.

    If you are going to have large libraries Aperture has some issues in speed and stablity. From Aperture forum, corrupted libraries can be wiped out on a rebuild.

    As a pure editing platform - Aperture is more friendly to the eye than LR. You can do full screen editing in Aperture with a one keystroke command LR requires a couple of key strokes and its still not full screen...only in slide show mode. Yeah do this on a 24" imac it can be addictive.

    Where can i buy Aperture 2 with the best deal? Seems like it is >300 in Apple Store online.
    Canon 40D 17-55mm/f2.8 IS, 50mm/f1.8, 70-200mm/f4 IS

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •