Thread: Italian Food

Default Italian Food

Just about what my wife and I ate last Sunday:

Please give me your comments for improvements if you have any and also please let me know which is a better pic amongst each of the dish.

Thanks.

#1 Beef Lasagna

#2 Beef Lasagna

#3 Chicken and Ham Cabonara - P.S. I do hope the coriander is fresher, but really beyond my control.

#4 Chicken and Ham Cabonara - P.S. I do hope the coriander is fresher, but really beyond my control.
    Last edited by lastboltnut; 26th April 2008 at 04:53 PM.

Default Re: Italian Food

is it me or is the speghetti slightly green?

lasagna looks like chilli crab gravy.. lol..

shot's clean and sharp though.. =)

Hi, thanks for the comments. Yah, the tomato sauce is really red, isn't it suppose to be like chilli crab colour? It was more red and vabriant in CS, but once posted on the net, the colour changed. Anyway, I did not adjust the colour for the lasagna.....

For the pasta, actually I did desaturated the yellow a little, it looks too yellow to me.....but does it look green? O dear...is my monitor failing me.....

Thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by ssping83 View Post
    is it me or is the speghetti slightly green?

lasagna looks like chilli crab gravy.. lol..

shot's clean and sharp though.. =)

Almost every pictures look good. Except the last pic the composition could be better without leaving space below for that angle.

Trying doing more close up in future, do it quickly before your delicious food turn cold. Have fun!!

Yo bro, you long time no post leh.

Hmm, i am not really a good food shooter, but here's my view.

#1, DOF seems a bit too shallow, can see from the lower right corner.

#2, My fav, nicely taken. Though i don't eat beef, but this shots makes me hungry. Colours etc, nice~

#3, Clean shot on the food~ However, the lamp reflection on the top right corner, kinda distracting.

#4, The angle is nice but agree with rickgck that the bottom, maybe can cropped off~

Overall, nicely taken and very clean shots~

Thank you Ricky for the nice comment. Yah, I find the pasta is more difficult to shoot....will try to crop it and see. BTW, does the pasta looks green? May be I should not desaturate the yellow of the pasta....

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rickygck View Post
    Almost every pictures look good. Except the last pic the composition could be better without leaving space below for that angle.

Trying doing more close up in future, do it quickly before your delicious food turn cold. Have fun!!

Hey bro,

Thanks for coming by and giving your comments.

Yah, I was having some difficulty getting deeper DOF....the lighting in the cafe was dim, I have pushed the ISO to at least 800 and the aperture to at least 5.6 liao (must go home and confirm the setting)......no tripod...quite difficult....I am thinking of using those small table top tripod.....It works on D80 with kit lens leh.

Ok, will "burn" the reflection on #3 and crop #4.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Yapster View Post
    Yo bro, you long time no post leh.

Hmm, i am not really a good food shooter, but here's my view.

#1, DOF seems a bit too shallow, can see from the lower right corner.

#2, My fav, nicely taken. Though i don't eat beef, but this shots makes me hungry. Colours etc, nice~

#3, Clean shot on the food~ However, the lamp reflection on the top right corner, kinda distracting.

#4, The angle is nice but agree with rickgck that the bottom, maybe can cropped off~

Overall, nicely taken and very clean shots~

Quote Originally Posted by lastboltnut View Post
    Hey bro,

Thanks for coming by and giving your comments.

Yah, I was having some difficulty getting deeper DOF....the lighting in the cafe was dim, I have pushed the ISO to at least 800 and the aperture to at least 5.6 liao (must go home and confirm the setting)......no tripod...quite difficult....I am thinking of using those small table top tripod.....It works on D80 with kit lens leh.

Ok, will "burn" the reflection on #3 and crop #4.

Thanks!
    Welcome bro~

Ya, i got this problem too even at f11, with flash and tripod during my W950I product shoot.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/teriyap...54678132/meta/

Dunno why. Need to explore more.

yaya, you should get those tripod. I made use of my mini tripod from my Ixus 40's freebies as well. Can be useful at times~

Hey bro, if you have the tripod, shutter speed is not a problem liao.... then just apply the physics for DOF loh. You can try f16, if still cannot, then you may need to use longer focal length liao, so that you are farther from the subject.....or just shoot farther and crop to the size, then DOF will be deeper loh. Thats what I think I will do...

Quote Originally Posted by Yapster View Post
    Welcome bro~

Ya, i got this problem too even at f11, with flash and tripod during my W950I product shoot.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/teriyap...54678132/meta/

Dunno why. Need to explore more.

yaya, you should get those tripod. I made use of my mini tripod from my Ixus 40's freebies as well. Can be useful at times~