Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Events Photography

Default Re: Events Photography

okay guys poor TS! we are hijacking his thread...i have started a poll in the general section. haha
    nikon d700 nikkor 50mm f1.4 nikkor 55mm micro ais f2.8 nikkor 35 f2 sb 600 sb800 leica m4

you can just go and shoot any event thats public to gain experience.

no need to paiseh, i started that way too.

Quote Originally Posted by noob117 View Post
    you can just go and shoot any event thats public to gain experience.

no need to paiseh, i started that way too.
    i'm interested to shoot events too. you mean can just walk into any public events to take pictures like that?
    for example, like ministers appearing in the public for some events, like ground breaking ceremonies, visit old folk homes, etc... no need to have press pass?

Quote Originally Posted by xyz123 View Post
    i'm interested to shoot events too. you mean can just walk into any public events to take pictures like that?
    for example, like ministers appearing in the public for some events, like ground breaking ceremonies, visit old folk homes, etc... no need to have press pass?
    NOT every event u can just shoot as u wish. U've to find out the background of that event first before bringing down your gear.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    NOT every event u can just shoot as u wish. U've to find out the background of that event first before bringing down your gear.
    yes. or simply ask permission.

know your boundaries

Quote Originally Posted by noob117 View Post
    yes. or simply ask permission.

know your boundaries
    That's right. I've seen pple getting warned or ticked off sternly after just taking out their equipment and shoot at an event where there's already an official photographer.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz123 View Post
    be careful about show up with camera on those events with ministers as GOH, there will be press photographers, official photographers, and the bodyguard around, they seen each other very often, so they will know who are the new faces, most likely you only can shoot from far far away, unable to get to the inner circle. if you try to get too close, you will get shove away if you are too slow or blocking other photographers.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    be careful about show up with camera on those events with ministers as GOH, there will be press photographers, official photographers, and the bodyguard around, they seen each other very often, so they will know who are the new faces, most likely you only can shoot from far far away, unable to get to the inner circle. if you try to get too close, you will get shove away if you are too slow or blocking other photographers.
    Official photogs has passed security checks and even then they are bound by certain rules...if you are not the official ones please shoot from far...

Eg..if MM is GOH - 5mins shooting with flash only..after that no flash allowed...

I have seen SOs push and pull out non-official photogs out and give really really STERN warnings...
    Nikon D300s, 50mm, 18-105mm, Sigma 30mm F1.4, Sigma 50-150mm F2.8, Samyang 8mm F3.5

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    u can get close too i guess. have to see situation.
    just stay behind the officials

remember, they can block you, but you cannot block them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12