Thread: Any lobang for Tungsten / Continuous lights?

Default Any lobang for Tungsten / Continuous lights?

Hi guys, Is there any recommendation of places to get Tungsten / Continuous lights?

Currently looking for something of 300W - 600W range.. Thanks!

Default Re: Any lobang for Tungsten / Continuous lights?

Quote Originally Posted by behyx View Post
    Hi guys, Is there any recommendation of places to get Tungsten / Continuous lights?

Currently looking for something of 300W - 600W range.. Thanks!
    Hi saw you early evening near my studio at 32A south bridge rd, you can actually buy from sim lim tower the video barn lights or maybe rent from us

Quote Originally Posted by kenele View Post
    Hi saw you early evening near my studio at 32A south bridge rd, you can actually buy from sim lim tower the video barn lights or maybe rent from us
    Oh you were there! Yeah I was there to buy a 1000W Tungsten light from someone.. But need more lower-power lights..

Hehe Kenny, as much as I would like to rent from you, but I guess I'd need to use it for the long run, so better to buy hehehe.. Any idea how much does those video barn lights in sim lim tower cost? Is it as expensive as the Arri brand sold in Cathay?

its quite cheap, range from $100+ to $300+per unit, stand available separately or may be included in package. Higher price model can even adjust wattage .

Quote Originally Posted by kenele View Post
    its quite cheap, range from $100+ to $300+per unit, stand available separately or may be included in package. Higher price model can even adjust wattage .
    Oh thats a very good price hehe thanks Kenny! So that means the lower priced units cannot adjust intensity of the light?

Arri is expensive. You can try looking for what film industry people call "redheads". These are tungsten-balance lights that have a distinctive orange-red metal shell, instead of the standard black or Arri grey&blue.

The redheads that I've used in school are 500W, those I've used on attachment are 800W.

You might also be interested in Lowel's range of lights, which are highly portable. They sell kit sets of four tungsten lights, and these lights, though small, do pack quite a punch. For instance, there is this light in the set called a Tota-light, that gives you an 800W bulb in a light only about the size of a 20cm ruler in length.

Call H Warta for Filmgear equipment.
    they sell all sorts of lights, I buy my fresnels from them

Thanks guys for the inputs!

In fact I've just gotten something very similar to this

Paid S$120 each at Sim Lim Tower 2nd level. They are 1000W, can control intensity. So I got 3 of them, very compact thus good for interior shoots.

Kenny: I've tried to search B1 but couldn't find any shop selling lights, perhaps they're not open today..

So right now I'm looking for lightweight tripod for me to mount the 3 new lights.. Perhaps I should go and get those $18 tripods from MScolor hehehehhee
    Last edited by behyx; 26th April 2008 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by behyx View Post
    Thanks guys for the inputs!

In fact I've just gotten something very similar to this

Paid S$120 each at Sim Lim Tower 2nd level. They are 1000W, can control intensity. So I got 3 of them, very compact thus good for interior shoots.

Kenny: I've tried to search B1 but couldn't find any shop selling lights, perhaps they're not open today..

So right now I'm looking for lightweight tripod for me to mount the 3 new lights.. Perhaps I should go and get those $18 tripods from MScolor hehehehhee
    Hey! May I ask which shop in particular did you get the lights? Would like to get some lights too!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wendychui View Post
    Hey! May I ask which shop in particular did you get the lights? Would like to get some lights too!

Thanks!
    There is only 1 shop selling video lights CCTV equipments on level 2. Walk 1 round you'll find it.