Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: TIMESHARE is harassing me AGAIN!!

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    somewhere near...
    Posts
    2,115

    Default TIMESHARE is harassing me AGAIN!!

    The thread had expired, so this is the link.

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95014

    Anyway looks like ERI had sold or pass on my timeshare contract to another company, and this company now wants to collect the money on behalf of ERI. They sent me letters, called me. All wanting him to go down and they are willing to offer a solution by changing my membership to a diff sort. (SCAMs again) I told em I AM NOT INTERESTED!!

    Now today got another letter from them stating again I WILL BE SUED if I dont respond to them!! Really very drained out by all these scams !!!

    Advise?

    Thank You,
    Steven

  2. #2

    Default Re: TIMESHARE is harassing me AGAIN!!

    I think it is best if you look for real legal advice, i.e. consult a lawyer. Only the lawyer can correctly advice you on whether their stupid demands are valid, or if you can ignore or even counter-sue their backsides off. Is it better to spend on the legal fees, then continue paying and paying and paying and paying.

    We really should set up a series of outings to "play" with these MLM and time-share people. Bring all your portrait lens and flash!
    Equipment: a pair of cranky spectacles with scratched lens :dunno:

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: TIMESHARE is harassing me AGAIN!!

    Please upload the letter contents after blank out your name.
    It is a good lesson to all. This is just ONE type of scam.
    There are many out there.

    On another note, beware of this word "INVEST".

    It usually means the scammer wants to RIP you off, not of a small amount of a few K$, but of your entire life savings.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    somewhere near...
    Posts
    2,115

    Default Re: TIMESHARE is harassing me AGAIN!!

    They gave me yet another dateline to contact them. This time the letter not by ERI, They pass my contract to another Timeshare company!! Hmmm

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    somewhere near...
    Posts
    2,115

    Default Re: TIMESHARE is harassing me AGAIN!!

    Any of you guys have good advise?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: TIMESHARE is harassing me AGAIN!!

    Kinda strange, what makes u decided to sign up for the timeshare in the first place. 99.99999% of these are juz scams, u'd probably have to be a sucker to fall into it.

    Anyway, I think finding a lawyer would be the best method of resolution as I believe none here are qualified to give proper legal advice.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: TIMESHARE is harassing me AGAIN!!

    Quote Originally Posted by rawsteak View Post
    I think it is best if you look for real legal advice, i.e. consult a lawyer. Only the lawyer can correctly advice you on whether their stupid demands are valid, or if you can ignore or even counter-sue their backsides off. Is it better to spend on the legal fees, then continue paying and paying and paying and paying.

    We really should set up a series of outings to "play" with these MLM and time-share people. Bring all your portrait lens and flash!
    Kinda childish. No different from dumb Stompards who got 'molested' on a train and instead of calling the police or alerting station staff, simply took a photo and posted it on Stomp.

    What purpose will it achieve anyway?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    somewhere near...
    Posts
    2,115

    Default Re: TIMESHARE is harassing me AGAIN!!

    Many simple asked me to ignore their lawyers letter... Hmmm

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Catchment Area
    Posts
    2,441

    Default Re: TIMESHARE is harassing me AGAIN!!

    Quote Originally Posted by siron View Post
    Many simple asked me to ignore their lawyers letter... Hmmm
    Just think what can they do to you? Bring you to court? By doing so, they will get their scam exposed in court and also, get lots of bad publicity for themselves and alert all other unsuspecting customers.

    Well, there are those who are always afraid of lawyer letters, people from the government or other authorities. Just have to know your rights.

    Now, in this case, I suppose there are some regular payments that you are supposed to make. If you default on your payment, their correct course of action is to suspend your membership or even cancel your membership. You cannot be liable for any further payment. If their contract say you're liable, then, this contract is considered an unfair contract and it cannot be upheld in court. Or should I say, in common law, that contract could be rendered void. This is my humble knowledge of the law.
    I love big car, big house, big lenses, but small apertures.

  10. #10
    Member YogiBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Jurong West, Singapore
    Posts
    1,051

    Default Re: TIMESHARE is harassing me AGAIN!!

    Hi Siron, pls forget about what I text to you about asking you to pay 50% to activate your membership. Now that ERI have passed on your case to another company there wont be any activation of this sort. Pls do the following to verify your membership status with HCAP..

    Pls contact either by phone or email the following person. I suggest that you email..

    Lin Neil
    Member Services Consultant
    Holiday Concepts Group
    Postal: PO Box 81, Richmond, VIC, 3121

    Tel: +61 3 92439423
    Fax: +61 3 9421 1366
    eMail: lin@holidayconcepts.com.au
    Website: www.holidayconcepts.com.au

    Give her your full registered name (as in first name, last name) and your 6-digit account number. Ask her about your..
    1) Ownership of the resort / membership till date
    2) Outstanding payment
    3) Un-utilized week(s) if any
    4) Number of bonus week(s) that can be purchased under this membership


    Tell her about ERI and the threats you are now receiving. She will probably tell you that they have dropped ERI and you have nothing to do with ERI anymore. Finally, tell us what your status is and we'll advice you on what to do from there.

    Btw, I'm still stuck with this membership, but having paid almost $18k short of $1k, I dont get anymore letters from ERI. Besides, having sat in and listened to more than 20 different marketing or legal companies asking me to Sell, Trade, Terminate, Rent, or even participate in Class Action (Collective Suing) against ERI, I think I've heard enough not to waste too much of my time or theirs on this issue.

    I ever asked Lin how much the membership is worth if one were to buy now. She said the selling price now is about AUD24~30k. I think this membership is worth it only if Lin clarifies that you are a fully paid up active member.

    I think HCAP is a good timeshare developer; it currently owns 17 valuable resorts throughout Australia and they are looking to expand more.
    Its the marketing sector especially those in Singapore that made it a bad name and more of a scam than an enjoyable holiday scheme. In contrast, when ERI markets their Club Emperor membership, they said they have only 2 resorts in the region and they are building more. I told them I'll think about it only when they have as much resorts as HCAP. Dunno whether they will eventually collapse or not; by then my money's gone again.

    Timeshare works in the west or places that have 4 seasons, and so members could book their holidays in advance. It just doesnt work in Singapore.
    Last edited by YogiBear; 27th April 2008 at 01:44 AM.
    search me on Google "simonKLgoh"

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    somewhere near...
    Posts
    2,115

    Default Re: TIMESHARE is harassing me AGAIN!!

    Quote Originally Posted by YogiBear View Post
    Hi Siron, pls forget about what I text to you about asking you to pay 50% to activate your membership. Now that ERI have passed on your case to another company there wont be any activation of this sort. Pls do the following to verify your membership status with HCAP..

    Pls contact either by phone or email the following person. I suggest that you email..

    Lin Neil
    Member Services Consultant
    Holiday Concepts Group
    Postal: PO Box 81, Richmond, VIC, 3121

    Tel: +61 3 92439423
    Fax: +61 3 9421 1366
    eMail: lin@holidayconcepts.com.au
    Website: www.holidayconcepts.com.au

    Give her your full registered name (as in first name, last name) and your 6-digit account number. Ask her about your..
    1) Ownership of the resort / membership till date
    2) Outstanding payment
    3) Un-utilized week(s) if any
    4) Number of bonus week(s) that can be purchased under this membership


    Tell her about ERI and the threats you are now receiving. She will probably tell you that they have dropped ERI and you have nothing to do with ERI anymore. Finally, tell us what your status is and we'll advice you on what to do from there.

    Btw, I'm still stuck with this membership, but having paid almost $18k short of $1k, I dont get anymore letters from ERI. Besides, having sat in and listened to more than 20 different marketing or legal companies asking me to Sell, Trade, Terminate, Rent, or even participate in Class Action (Collective Suing) against ERI, I think I've heard enough not to waste too much of my time or theirs on this issue.

    I ever asked Lin how much the membership is worth if one were to buy now. She said the selling price now is about AUD24~30k. I think this membership is worth it only if Lin clarifies that you are a fully paid up active member.

    I think HCAP is a good timeshare developer; it currently owns 17 valuable resorts throughout Australia and they are looking to expand more.
    Its the marketing sector especially those in Singapore that made it a bad name and more of a scam than an enjoyable holiday scheme. In contrast, when ERI markets their Club Emperor membership, they said they have only 2 resorts in the region and they are building more. I told them I'll think about it only when they have as much resorts as HCAP. Dunno whether they will eventually collapse or not; by then my money's gone again.

    Timeshare works in the west or places that have 4 seasons, and so members could book their holidays in advance. It just doesnt work in Singapore.
    Simon,

    HCAP is H.C. Asia Pacific PTY. LTD right? Its based in Australia?? Is this the same one?

  12. #12
    Member YogiBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Jurong West, Singapore
    Posts
    1,051

    Default Re: TIMESHARE is harassing me AGAIN!!

    Quote Originally Posted by siron View Post
    Simon,

    HCAP is H.C. Asia Pacific PTY. LTD right? Its based in Australia?? Is this the same one?
    Yes, thats right.

    If you havent been paying your annual maintenance fee for quite some time, I doubt your membership with HCAP will remain active. Nonetheless, pls check with HCAP about your current membership status.
    Last edited by YogiBear; 29th April 2008 at 03:49 AM.
    search me on Google "simonKLgoh"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •