Thread: A Birdcam View

Default A Birdcam View

I looked out my window one morning and saw a crowd gathering to celebrate the re-opening of an indian temple. I thought the view was rather happy, amusing yet interesting enough to share with all. It's not something you'd see everyday unless you are a bird of course. All opinions are welcome. Cheers and have a brilliant day everyone.

Default Re: A Birdcam View

i love the colours.....

i am in total agreement with the photographer opinion i always dream i cud fly some day and get top views of our beautifull world and its cultures and peoplevery interesting pic no compostion needed herejust aim and shoot very simple and visually attractive pic indeed

hmm! very nice and interesting! reminds me of colorful tadpole eggs. hehehhe....
    Canon, cAnon, caNon, canOn, canoN....Simply Loving IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by charmingorion View Post
    hmm! very nice and interesting! reminds me of colorful tadpole eggs. hehehhe....
    tadpole eggs! hmm thats one thing I haven't thought of and now that you've mentioned it, yeah... colorful eggs.

good stuff - but frankly there is nothing to go "wow" about this picture, while everything is quite nicely done, and i quite like the perspective, it is mainly interesting precisely because of the perspective and the perspective alone.

did you take other photographs where isolated groups of people have something more interesting, i.e. everyone save one person wearing the same colour, etc.

this would work well as a part of a whole series, but alone, not so.

if only you can get all of them to look up at you!

ok..

impossible..

lol.. nice perspective though..

Quote Originally Posted by ssping83 View Post
    if only you can get all of them to look up at you!

ok..

impossible..

lol.. nice perspective though..
    Actually, no need all to look up.. if just one of them looked up.. and nicely in one of the thirds area, this pic will be even powerful. But I still like it just the way it is now.

good pic.....simply love it
    D7100,SB910,17-50/2.8OS,105/2.8VR,85/1.8D,2xE-M1,O60/2.8,12-40/2.8,35-100/2.8,14-42,LX100

This photograph works simply on perspective alone. While yes it is a shot of a rarely-seen angle, there is nothing that excites me and sucks me into the photo.

What I would have done is simply to make some noise so that they would look up. That shot would have been priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by alfredlau View Post
    This photograph works simply on perspective alone. While yes it is a shot of a rarely-seen angle, there is nothing that excites me and sucks me into the photo.

What I would have done is simply to make some noise so that they would look up. That shot would have been priceless.
    good idea... and more interesting

but will kena wack or not?
    wait they throw things at TS
    D7100,SB910,17-50/2.8OS,105/2.8VR,85/1.8D,2xE-M1,O60/2.8,12-40/2.8,35-100/2.8,14-42,LX100

Quote Originally Posted by alfredlau View Post

Hey thanks everyone for the great tips. Yeah I should have made some kinda noise or shouted so that all would suddenly look up and if I shot hi speed, I might have captured different people lookin up at different times, then pick a fav.

since its your window, u will have chance to re-shoot the scene, maybe during some festive gathering.

can try to include part of the temple (as landmark and reference point), then use slow shutter to blur the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by sin77 View Post
    good idea... and more interesting

but will kena wack or not?
    wait they throw things at TS
    No pain, no gain.

Well the thread-starter can always try next year.