Thread: Sighting of International Space Station

Default Sighting of International Space Station

Hi all,

Tomorrow (virtually tonight as its 12:07am tomorrow) and Sunday, you will be able to sight the International Space Station crusing over Singapore Sky for less than a minute. Here is the NASA site for the info.

I am urging those who view and photograph the stars to keep a watch out and help shoot and post here for viewing as I do not have such lens/telescope to view.

Kindly reply and make a link here to you photo if you have them.

Have fun!

Default Re: Sighting of International Space Station

I've seen the ISS pass by overhead before, around twilight. It moves along at a respectable speed, and the greatest thrill is seeing something moving in space with your naked eye, and see it disappear when it enters the Earth's shadow.

Don't think the photo will be terribly interesting (basically a long exposure will show a long streak / line across the sky) but the genius of photographers never cease to amaze me, so by all means go out and shoot.

Hopefully it won't be cloudy. Another site for satellite viewing prediction is http://www.heavens-above.com - you'll need to enter your location for accurate prediction. I found out about the last ISS orbit through that site. I've never been successful with the Iridium flare predictions though.

This is a rather common event - plus there are many more low orbit satellites visible to the naked eye. The only thing that makes them difficult to spot them in Singapore is the excessive light pollution and the many high rise building restricting the view of the sky.

anyone saw it??

i tried looking out the window but saw nth...

Quote Originally Posted by noob117 View Post
    anyone saw it??

i tried looking out the window but saw nth...
    not me..

according to my cheap cheap compass, my view is blocked..

Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

So no 1 got it huh....next time may be. Just check out that website and if you are lucky, you may get to see the space shutter....