Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: HDB qn.... Wats the diff btw 5A and Exec Mansionette?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default HDB qn.... Wats the diff btw 5A and Exec Mansionette?

    Hmm, was wondering, look the same, got staircase to upper level... also 3 bedroom... wats the diff?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: HDB qn.... Wats the diff btw 5A and Exec Mansionette?

    mansionette make you feel like living in private house mah.....until you step out of the front door, the reality strikes.


    Come to punggol my friend...
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    AMK
    Posts
    638

    Default Re: HDB qn.... Wats the diff btw 5A and Exec Mansionette?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    Hmm, was wondering, look the same, got staircase to upper level... also 3 bedroom... wats the diff?
    Are you buying new house? Getting married?
    Where are the area you are buying? I applied from HDB but never get a good Q no.

    I still owe you something, please inform me when you need it.
    Sony~ A100...A700...A300...NEX...A580.
    Fujifilm~ X-T1

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,109

    Default Re: HDB qn.... Wats the diff btw 5A and Exec Mansionette?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn View Post
    mansionette make you feel like living in private house mah.....until you step out of the front door, the reality strikes.


    Come to punggol my friend...


    No difference, except catergory only. call it masionette can sell higher price. both just as small....
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sedna.........the sun
    Posts
    278

    Default Re: HDB qn.... Wats the diff btw 5A and Exec Mansionette?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    Hmm, was wondering, look the same, got staircase to upper level... also 3 bedroom... wats the diff?
    where i live, 5A maisonette is smaller....

    not sure abt other estates.....

    cheers

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: HDB qn.... Wats the diff btw 5A and Exec Mansionette?

    Quote Originally Posted by uncle_catz View Post
    where i live, 5A maisonette is smaller....

    not sure abt other estates.....

    cheers
    where u stay?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  7. #7
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: HDB qn.... Wats the diff btw 5A and Exec Mansionette?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    Hmm, was wondering, look the same, got staircase to upper level... also 3 bedroom... wats the diff?
    not same la....
    Firstly prices of both in the 1H of 2007 is very close some mansionette are infact some are cheaper depending on location!

    Mansionette is at least 145sqm while 5A is abt 135sqm! 5A got no staircase lei... Some of the 5A got 4 bedrooms, for mansionette most of them 3bedroom upstair n some got 1 room downstair! Mansionette most of them have service balcony while 5A bo... at most a balcony!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: HDB qn.... Wats the diff btw 5A and Exec Mansionette?

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    not same la....
    Firstly prices of both in the 1H of 2007 is very close some mansionette are infact some are cheaper depending on location!

    Mansionette is at least 145sqm while 5A is abt 135sqm! 5A got no staircase lei... Some of the 5A got 4 bedrooms, for mansionette most of them 3bedroom upstair n some got 1 room downstair! Mansionette most of them have service balcony while 5A bo... at most a balcony!
    the one i see wu leh... 3 bedroom upstairs, then 1 maids room downstairs (demolished liao) 3 washroom, 1 in kitchen, 1 on 2nd level, 1 on 2nd level master bedroom.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    somewhere near...
    Posts
    2,114

    Default Re: HDB qn.... Wats the diff btw 5A and Exec Mansionette?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn View Post
    mansionette make you feel like living in private house mah.....until you step out of the front door, the reality strikes.


    Come to punggol my friend...
    hahaha I like the way you put it!! hahaha

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dry Cabinet
    Posts
    247

    Default Re: HDB qn.... Wats the diff btw 5A and Exec Mansionette?

    One not good thing with mansionette is that it's not old people friendly. Also, with small kids running up&down the stairs, accident might happen.

  11. #11
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: HDB qn.... Wats the diff btw 5A and Exec Mansionette?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    the one i see wu leh... 3 bedroom upstairs, then 1 maids room downstairs (demolished liao) 3 washroom, 1 in kitchen, 1 on 2nd level, 1 on 2nd level master bedroom.
    Bro u talking abt balcony, Mansionette of cos wu lah ... 5A confirm bo service balcony which located at kitchen!

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: HDB qn.... Wats the diff btw 5A and Exec Mansionette?

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Bro u talking abt balcony, Mansionette of cos wu lah ... 5A confirm bo service balcony which located at kitchen!
    probably i think i phrase sala...

    wats the diff btw 5A masionette and exec mansionette...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  13. #13
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: HDB qn.... Wats the diff btw 5A and Exec Mansionette?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    probably i think i phrase sala...

    wats the diff btw 5A masionette and exec mansionette...
    Bro got no 5A manionette it is either a 5A or an exec mansionette!

    3Std - 3 room Standard about 54 sqm
    3I - 3 room Improved about 60 sqm
    3S - 3 room Simplified about 65 sqm
    3NG - 3 room New Generation about 69 sqm
    3A - 3 room Model 'A' about 75 sqm

    4Std - 4 room Standard about 72 sqm
    4S - 4 room Simplified about 85 sqm
    4NG - 4 room New Generation about 92 sqm
    4I - 4 room Improved about 84 sqm
    4A - 4 room Model 'A' about 105 sqm

    5S - 5 room Standard about 120 sqm
    5A - 5 room Model 'A' about 135 sqm
    5I - 5 room Improved about 124 sqm


    EA - Executive Apartment about 130 sqm
    EM - Executive Maisonette about 140 sqm

  14. #14

    Default Re: HDB qn.... Wats the diff btw 5A and Exec Mansionette?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    the one i see wu leh... 3 bedroom upstairs, then 1 maids room downstairs (demolished liao) 3 washroom, 1 in kitchen, 1 on 2nd level, 1 on 2nd level master bedroom.
    yo ! the one u saw same as mine...with a service balcony attached with kitchen..and its called Maisonette...Executive or not, i dunno
    anyway, mine is about 140 sqm.

    some maisonettes are those with smaller balcony attached to living room..maybe not "Executive" one as sqm definately less than
    140 cos of the smaller balcony.
    Last edited by cookiez; 6th May 2008 at 03:32 PM.

  15. #15
    Member/Tangshooter Redsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7,932

    Default Re: HDB qn.... Wats the diff btw 5A and Exec Mansionette?

    Quote Originally Posted by cookiez View Post
    yo ! the one u saw same as mine...with a service balcony attached with kitchen..and its called Maisonette...Executive or not, i dunno
    anyway, mine is about 140 sqm.

    some maisonettes are those with smaller balcony attached to living room..maybe not "Executive" one as sqm definately less than
    140 cos of the smaller balcony.
    ya mines like tat too
    i believe its called exec maisonette?

  16. #16
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: HDB qn.... Wats the diff btw 5A and Exec Mansionette?

    Quote Originally Posted by cookiez View Post
    yo ! the one u saw same as mine...with a service balcony attached with kitchen..and its called Maisonette...Executive or not, i dunno
    anyway, mine is about 140 sqm.

    some maisonettes are those with smaller balcony attached to living room..maybe not "Executive" one as sqm definately less than
    140 cos of the smaller balcony.
    As long as got stairscase in ur flat leading to upper level it is classified under Exec. Mansionette. In this case exec does not take into consideration the area u haf.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: HDB qn.... Wats the diff btw 5A and Exec Mansionette?

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    As long as got stairscase in ur flat leading to upper level it is classified under Exec. Mansionette. In this case exec does not take into consideration the area u haf.
    jin eh bo...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  18. #18
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: HDB qn.... Wats the diff btw 5A and Exec Mansionette?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    jin eh bo...
    of cos lah......straight from the horse's mouth!
    Last edited by melvin; 6th May 2008 at 08:59 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •