Thread: Inquiry regarding 1G iPod Touch

Default Inquiry regarding 1G iPod Touch

Hello!
    I'm planning to buy a 1st Gen 16G iPod Touch. Would like to know if this version would include the new applications besides Safari (ie. Installer, Maps, Stocks, etc.).

I understand that when the 1st Gen iPod Touch came out, they were preloaded with Safari, besides iTunes and the Photo/Video capability. I understand that Apple later released other applicatoins and third party applicatoin support. Is this simply available in the iPod Touch software updates?

Can anyone share their knowledge/experience with me?

Thank you!
    jonk

Default Re: Inquiry regarding 1G iPod Touch

the 16GB touch comes with limited set of applications. However, with jailbreak, one can actually install alot of applications. However, although, this voids your warranty, you can restore your touch to default settings, removing the jailbreak.
    EOS 5Dmk2 | 16-35 f2/8 II | 24-70 f/2.8 | 70-200 f/2.8 II| 35 f/2.0 | 15-30 f/3.5-4.5 | 580EXII |

Yes, the 16G came out after the January Mac Convention and comes with Mail, Maps, Stocks, Notes and Weather.

Mail is rather useful at home or outside if you want to check email. Notes can come in handy for jotting down useful notes. Maps occasional usefulness and novelty value.
    Sony Nex 6 MILC.

Get the installer into the IPod , you will have access to hundreds of free apps (some very crappy?) via community sources.
    Be warned they will fill up your 16GB fast!
    Last edited by happyham; 24th April 2008 at 09:52 PM.