Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567

Thread: SIA Steward Slapping: Let Off with Warning

Default Re: SIA Steward Slapping: Let Off with Warning

Quote Originally Posted by blive View Post
    There are differences in the law. This is a civil case, not a criminal case. In Civil law, the purpose is to sue for compensation or an injunction.

However, as mentioned earlier, the case here is really the public prosecutor pursueing the case as an assualt, which is a criminal case, where the purpose is to maintain law & order, so the penalty is for deterent, usually either fine or jail or both, depending on the severity of the case.

There are 2 separate case here actually, as far as it seems to me. The case that was settled out of court is the civil case, where the air stewardess sued for compensation. There is no details on that case though, except that there was money transacted, but they normally won't release such "news"..

BTW, I am not a Singapore lawyer.... so don't flame me for errors.
    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    the funniest part is, despite the pointing out that this is probably one of a "first of a kind" case where people are actually hauled to court under the charge of "intention of causing hurt" and committing a "slapping offense", and there is no precedent where people are ACTUALLY punished for slapping (and it is a first offense)

no one is offering any points to that.. all more interested in emo rants against the way the world works , i.e. that the rich have money, like duhhh, hello, that's why they're called "the rich"

anyways, i have witnessed a lot of slappings in public, maybe all the kids who kena discipline by their parents should haul them to court too, and see what happens.
    Read my post...;

Its much easier to rant and rave about rich and poor.

Discipline for children is good, unless it becomes abuse. If I am the judge and the child haul their parents to court for discipling them, and there is no case of abuse, I will give them the rotan for having no respect for their parents!
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

If a problem can be settled by using money, then it is NOT a problem at all.

That's how I see this case. However, the damage to the CEO's wife, or the CEO himself, as already been done. We now know what kind of people they are. If I am the air stewardess, I'll do the same, provided they satisfy my thirst after the slap!
    Last edited by Virgo; 26th April 2008 at 02:17 PM.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    If a problem can be settled by using money, then it is NOT a problem at all.

That's how I see this case. However, the damage to the CEO's wife, or the CEO himself, as already been done. We now know what kind of people they are. If I am the air stewardess, I'll do the same, provided they satisfy my thirst after the slap!
    dont think people or their friends would give a dam about this, but of cause must put on an act infront of others.

dam, i am so negative. but probably it is due to what i have seen.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Yeah, but I'm sure their reputation in front of the public have already gone down to the drain. People will surely recognise them as the 'slapping-and-using-money-to-settle' couple. Yet again, Singaporeans are forgetful.

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    dont think people or their friends would give a dam about this, but of cause must put on an act infront of others.

dam, i am so negative. but probably it is due to what i have seen.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    yes, yes. i am jealous, why it didnt happen to me.
    no offense, but are you that cheap? where is your pride?

Oh yeah, many people would reply and say something like "blahblahblah, if it's for 250k, I'll swallow my pride and let people slap me." Gosh, where are you backbones?
    What if your child see's the post? What would he/she think?
    "My parent is willing to get slapped by a rich person and get money thrown at them?"
    What's the difference with that and being a, to put crudely, a prostitute?

If it's a joke, I'll let it pass.
    If not, I'm awe struck by the cheapness and childishness of many Singaporeans.
    seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by seanlim View Post
    no offense, but are you that cheap? where is your pride?

Oh yeah, many people would reply and say something like "blahblahblah, if it's for 250k, I'll swallow my pride and let people slap me." Gosh, where are you backbones?
    What if your child see's the post? What would he/she think?
    "My parent is willing to get slapped by a rich person and get money thrown at them?"
    What's the difference with that and being a, to put crudely, a prostitute?

If it's a joke, I'll let it pass.
    If not, I'm awe struck by the cheapness and childishness of many Singaporeans.
    seriously.
    1) my friend, there is nothing wrong being a prostitute. they dont steal or rob people.

2) it is easy for you to look down on them, but you have not been through what they have, it is easy for you to talk and critisize.

3) i dont mind if it is for S$250k. seriously, you are not in my shoe.

from your profile in cs, it states you are a student. still living off your parents i suppose (i may be wrong), your family happens to be in singapore, you have no idea how tough life is outside and for foreign workers working here as hard labour (i may be wrong). i have the honor to know quite a no of them as friends. i can only imagine their pain.

so pls dont pass judgement on others and their profession like you are a saint. i have much more respect for prostitutes than for you base on your comment.
    Last edited by denniskee; 26th April 2008 at 04:18 PM.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Thanks for all your views. I believe all that needs to be said has been said, and with relative civility.

And on that note, I'll be closing the thread.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567