Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: SIA Steward Slapping: Let Off with Warning

Default Re: SIA Steward Slapping: Let Off with Warning

This is no more talking ****, the signal that the Singapore court sent out does give us the impression that either the rich will be protected or slapping someone will only get you a stern warning
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    This is no more talking ****, the signal that the Singapore court sent out does give us the impression that either the rich will be protected or slapping someone will only get you a stern warning
    so ideally, slap 1 week jail, punch 1 month jail, kick 1 year jail, take weapon threaten lifetime imprisonment.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Smile Re: SIA Steward Slapping: Let Off with Warning

i think that the AG chambers should make known its ground for the charge being withdrawn, given the public sentiments and following in online forums. thus, it is in public interest to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    yes, i was thinking about this too. since i know a person who slap me will only be let off with stern warning, and the person is not rich, and i am just about as innocent as the stewardess in this case, i slap back?

i mean, this news had been splash all over the news, can be only 2 of us thinking about this right? backlash of "stern warning??
    ok, and change above to if it was your wife, sister or daughter being slap in her work place infront of everyone or in public places, say orchard road? what will you do? report police and only to have the person let off with "stern warning"?
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

ok, and change above to if it was your wife, sister or daughter being slap in her work place infront of everyone or in public places, say orchard road? what will you do? report police and only to have the person let off with "stern warning"?
    u wan an eye for an eye?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Its really disheartening to see the blood-thirst of some of the forumers here. The focus seems to be on the fact that the protagonist is rich, and not on whether the punishment was commensurate with the offence. The only reason why this has hit the headlines is that she is the wife of a rich man and the incident occurred in a high profile environment as in the business class cabin of an SQ flight. I mean, if it was a coffee shop spat between a serving staff and customer, with the latter being let off with a warning for slapping the former, would it even have made the news? Would anyone claim that justice had not been done?

Please, give it a rest already. She had compensated the victim and there was no physical injury sustianed. If it were your wife or daughter, who on an impulse and in anger were to strike another person, would you not be pleading for mercy on her behalf and relieved to have gotten off?

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    u wan an eye for an eye?
    may be.

but i am asking everyone here, what will you do?.

1) report police knowing the end result.

2) an eye for en eye, a slap for a slap.

3) pull your family and just walk away (if in public places).

4) persuade your family to forget it (if in work place, small sme), knowing the end result. assuming the slapper is your director's wife who is not a staff of the company. report to HR? have them sack the director? ha ha ha.

as in my previous post,

this reminds me of one of my ex ex boss of a company (ie rich $$$ and hence well connected), he can slap or get people to beat up a person and still walk away, nothing much you can do. and he repeatedly says it during weekly meetings and challenge you to report him.. so thats why he is my ex ex boss. ha ha ha.

if you think this is only in movies, man, you have not seen the real world.
    Last edited by denniskee; 25th April 2008 at 02:58 PM.

this reminds me of one of my ex ex boss of a company (ie rich $$$ and hence well connected), he can slap or get people to beat up a person and still walk away, nothing much you can do. and he repeatedly says it during weekly meetings and challenge you to report him.. so thats why he is my ex ex boss. ha ha ha.
    1970? .....
    i think such creatures oredi endangered in SIngapore in the last millenium ...
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    1970? .....
    i think such creatures oredi endangered in SIngapore in the last millenium ...
    thats what i thought too. shock the hell out of me. mind you, he has got those top 50 entrepreneur awards thingy.

next, in mnc, you use voulger words to you boss, he reports you to HR, you get warning letter.

in the meeting, the director uses voulger words, you think HR will issue warning to the director?
    Last edited by denniskee; 25th April 2008 at 03:20 PM.

thats what i thought too. shock the hell out of me. mind you, he has got those top 50 entrepreneur awards thingy.

next, in mnc, you use voulger words to you boss, he reports you to HR, you get warning letter.

in the meeting, the director uses voulger words, you think HR will issue warning to the director?
    its about respect wat...

subordinates use vulgarities on superiors = disrespect.
    superiors use vulgarities to subordinates = explicit education.

you should:

1. Let him give you a slap ..... then see how he settle the matter ....
    2. Tape down the ^&**%#^ during meeting and post it online, after you resign
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    You guys should consider a career at TalkingCock.com. LOL!!
    And you should consider an illustrious career in justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    u wan an eye for an eye?
    Yes exactly.

A black eye for a black eye.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kwa View Post
    The Rich get Warning,The Poor get Fine or Go behind Bar...... " I LV S`PORE "

It is a Reality.
    UK HMS Photojournalist

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Yes exactly.

A black eye for a black eye.
    an eye for an eye....reminds me of an incident some years back.

after parking my car, another car parked next to mine and one of the car passengers opened their door quite hard and scratched my car door. i asked them to compensate me for the damage, then after coming up with some excuses of not having money etc, the driver of the other car suggested that i open my car door hard and scratch his car door in return, then we would be even!

pengzzzz......
    Last edited by zaren; 25th April 2008 at 09:19 PM.

Hm so maybe their out of court settlement was to let the air stewardess slap the wife back? LOL! Ad in ST tmr: apology to XXX: I will be slapped in public by XXX at YYY place ZZZ time. All welcomed.
    Equipment: a pair of cranky spectacles with scratched lens :dunno:

This show that Singapore have only 2 races instead of 4 races of people.
    ie. the rich & the poor......and they are not equal.

you should:

1. Let him give you a slap ..... then see how he settle the matter ....
    2. Tape down the ^&**%#^ during meeting and post it online, after you resign
    his swon brother beat one of my technician (from indian) in the company. when ask what disciplinary action to take against his brother, guess what,

1) bring the 2 to a deserted place and let the 2 fight it out.
    2) send the technician back.
    3) treat it like nothing had happened.

i guess most of you have not seen the dark side of singapore, which is normal since everything is by law and fine from young.
    Last edited by denniskee; 26th April 2008 at 01:33 AM.

so are you saying that if that poor stewardess couldn't take it, went and committed suicide by jumping off the plane at Nagoya, then the ending of this case will be different?
    probably

i mean, at the very least, that would indicate something with regards to the effect of the slap on her

the funniest part is, despite the pointing out that this is probably one of a "first of a kind" case where people are actually hauled to court under the charge of "intention of causing hurt" and committing a "slapping offense", and there is no precedent where people are ACTUALLY punished for slapping (and it is a first offense)

no one is offering any points to that.. all more interested in emo rants against the way the world works , i.e. that the rich have money, like duhhh, hello, that's why they're called "the rich"

anyways, i have witnessed a lot of slappings in public, maybe all the kids who kena discipline by their parents should haul them to court too, and see what happens.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast