Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: SIA Steward Slapping: Let Off with Warning

Default Re: SIA Steward Slapping: Let Off with Warning

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Any lady who likes to pay to slap handsome young guys can PM me.

I've got a growing list of CSers who are prepared to offer such service.

"Special" can be negotiable depending on what do you mean by "special".
    you mean like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    On the bare buttocks?
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

hahaha... now this thread i find it funny...

Now lots of SIA Steward are dying to be slapped.

boxers/fighters for mma got to go through several rounds of bone crushing, muscle tearing matches to win the top prize money (just watch "the contender" in channel 5).

compare that with this, who is getting the better deals? it is a no brainner question right?

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    in this case, a stern warning was probably the fairest ruling. got to put things in perspective, after all. slapping, though reprehensible, is less serious than say throwing a punch (which can lead to serious injury).
    that is quite true

the best part is, i think the media is hyping up such incidents and reporting it happily in the news

air stewards and stewardesses encounter much more hazardous paying customers than just a slap - there have been reflections where individuals (un-named) reported that jetsetters actually keep dropping things on purpose to try to get a free peek at the staff. not to mention drunk people, etc

i guess, newspapers want to sell after all; there is a demand for such incidents which people can interpret as "elitist-domination".. but i think you'd see in the long run, that no one is above the law

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    Now lots of SIA Steward are dying to be slapped.

yup, all will be waiting in line to talk to the ceo when his wife is flying with him. where got time to serve other passengers. ha ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post
    i believe that you got the facts of the case wrong.

this present case before the court is by the public prosecutor. i.e. the state is charging her.

the civil case initiated earlier by the sia stewardess concerned has been settled out of court.
    That means in Singapore, slapping a public servant will only get you off with a warning !!!! That is of course applied only to the elite class in Singapore who is loaded with $$$$ and power There is no justice in this case
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    That means in Singapore, slapping a public servant will only get you off with a warning !!!! That is of course applied only to the elite class in Singapore who is loaded with $$$$ and power There is no justice in this case
    wat u expect? the prosecution persist and bring the CEO's wife to 1 week's jail?

anyway, 250k for compensation to drop case is 'rich' ppl's doing... then still must pay for all the legal fees leh... more than 250k liao
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

you hear anyone getting any punishment for slapping anyone?

gotta love your brand of justice.. about as double-standard as you claim our legal system to be

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    wat u expect? the prosecution persist and bring the CEO's wife to 1 week's jail?
    Why not?

So if I'm a multimillionaire (like quite a few S'poreans are), and have about $2~3mil lurking around, can I start some fun by giving my tai-tai kakis about $500k each to choose their "favourite" air stewardess and do "Happy Slapping"? A little contest of sorts for the rich lor, like "Who will look more glam walking out after that brutal 5 min session in the courts?"

This has become such a fun place for the rich. To heck with Monaco, Singapore is the new millionaires playground literally

The Rich get Warning,The Poor get Fine or Go behind Bar...... " I LV S`PORE "

Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    So if I'm a multimillionaire (like quite a few S'poreans are), and have about $2~3mil lurking around, can I start some fun by giving my tai-tai kakis about $500k each to choose their "favourite" air stewardess and do "Happy Slapping"? A little contest of sorts for the rich lor, like "Who will look more glam walking out after that brutal 5 min session in the courts?"
    you don't get it, do you?

if the person who kena don't take the money, no issue. you want to blame, also need to blame the person who kena slap for having no principles. then again also not hard to understand, 250k versus long drawn-out court battle that can spoil one's job..

anyways, i ask you, if the market ah pek go and slap someone.. you think the someone will sue him? got money to take from the ah pek? no right.

definitely very silly to slap someone, but it's not as if she did it with the knowledge that the case would be settled with money in the first place.. if she slap you, then how? surely you won't let her go, would you? (although - who are you kidding if you agree with me here?)
    Last edited by night86mare; 25th April 2008 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    you don't get it, do you?

if the person who kena don't take the money, no issue. you want to blame, also need to blame the person who kena slap for having no principles. then again also not hard to understand, 250k versus long drawn-out court battle that can spoil one's job..

anyways, i ask you, if the market ah pek go and slap someone.. you think the someone will sue him? got money to take from the ah pek? no right.

definitely very silly to slap someone, but it's not as if she did it with the knowledge that the case would be settled with money in the first place.. if she slap you, then how? surely you won't let her go, would you?
    Sigh, first of all, let's keep this civil (at least try to), and use third party references.

Back to your nice example. If an ah-pek slaps me, what will I do? Well, assuming I'm in the best of my senses and not give the ah-pek hell back, I would go to the police, lodge a case, and see to it that he gets justice. In this case, it's not me pursuing the case, but is entirely up to the public prosecutor how the case progresses.

Well, the prosecutor may drop the case, or he may not. In the unfortunate case that "I" happen to be a high profile personality, I'll have to wager that it's quite bad news for the ah-pek.

Of course in this case, neither is the ah-pek a rich tai tai, nor, according to you, "I", am a national carrier's flag bearer. So how relevant is that?

To summarize for you nicely, I'm just a little amazed at how an insult to our national carrier's employee on duty can be let off so easily,... by the public prosecutor. As to whether the other case of the stewardess laughing off to the bank, that's her choice. She makes decisions as to how she sees herself. If you think we should admonish and frown on her for doing so, go start another thread and rant about it. Keep this thread's discussion to the former.
    Last edited by Gunbucker; 25th April 2008 at 09:08 AM.

After reading,i feel like slapping the lady CEO again to challenge a pariticular entity just to prove there is not double standards and all is fair as claimed

Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    Back to your nice example. If an ah-pek slaps me, what will I do? Well, assuming I'm in the best of my senses and not give the ah-pek hell back, I would go to the police, lodge a case, and see to it that he gets justice. In this case, it's not me pursuing the case, but is entirely up to the public prosecutor how the case progresses.

Well, the prosecutor may drop the case, or he may not. In the unfortunate case that "I" happen to be a high profile personality, I'll have to wager that it's quite bad news for the ah-pek.

Of course in this case, neither is the ah-pek a rich tai tai, nor, according to you, "I", am a national carrier's flag bearer. So how relevant is that?

To summarize for you nicely, I'm just a little amazed at how an insult to our national carrier's employee on duty can be let off so easily,... by the public prosecutor. As to whether the other case of the stewardess laughing off to the bank, that's her choice. She makes decisions as to how she sees herself. If you think we should admonish and frown on her for doing so, go start another thread and rant about it. Keep this thread's discussion to the former.
    oh wow, so now you are advocating double standards because a sia stewardess is as you call it, a national carrier's flag bearer.

are you saying that a normal person deserves less, and JUST because a person is a "national carrier's flag bearer", she or he deserves more attention under the law?

under the law, all are equal.

in the ah pek example, let's face it, no one's going to sue him because he's going to only be able to give you enough for a month's supply of char kway teow.. and no doubt about it, sueing is all about the money. if you've actually considering sueing someone it isn't quite child's play as everybody who screams "SUE" would paint it out to be - legal expenses are undoubtedly expensive even if you get a third-grade lawyer, and the time and effort and publicity associated with it?

once again, i ask you, have you heard of ANYONE getting jailed because of slapping? if not, why do you think a "rich man's wife" warrants getting jailed or fined just because she's rich? to send out a message? unfortunately, the law is not about that; so take your own personal grievances with our "elite" that has been hyped up to high heaven by the media elsewhere too.

Quote Originally Posted by yamapi View Post
    After reading,i feel like slapping the lady CEO again to challenge a pariticular entity just to prove there is not double standards and all is fair as claimed
    go ahead - i doubt you can offer her enough money to drop the suit though.

Slapping = hitting someone = assault....
    If assault can get off with just a warning then my enemy beware..... I am ready for my revenge There are many on my list ...who to start off 1st
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

If assault can get off with just a warning then my enemy beware..... I am ready for my revenge There are many on my list ...who to start off 1st
    wrong - there are also degrees to be considered. there is a big big reason why manslaughter is differentiated from murder. both involve the loss of a person's life, but the way the law handles each is quite a world of difference don't you think? even murder itself has different degrees of classification.

there are also circumstances to be considered, along with intent. this may be considered by some to be tragic, seeing how a good lawyer can make a difference when it comes to moral grey areas, and there are so many. undoubtedly a rich person may be able to recruit a better lawyer than a poor one.. but so? that's like saying that we should be angry because a rich person can eat at a restaurant while the poor person cannot. but frankly - that's just the way things are!

let's take a step back - you replace your rich tai tai with an old woman who slapped the stewardess and claimed that the stewardess was rude to her and called her "old vegetable".. you'd see how public opinion shifts easily.
    Last edited by night86mare; 25th April 2008 at 09:25 AM.

so - if the merlion is defaced, as opposed to a hdb void deck being vandalised, i assume that people here will demand that the perpetuator will have his limbs chopped off as opposed to the usual fine.

because wow, national icons deserve different treatment!

it is not assault if the one kanna slapped came back to say that it was only a minor incident and a misunderstanding, and withdraw all charges ...... even though she did claim that she cannot face life anymore in that incident and need lots of vitamins to recover ......
    i guess she is now laughing all the way to the bank.....
    Last edited by Canonised; 25th April 2008 at 09:22 AM.
    always the Light, .... always.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast