Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: NTU Biomedical Science & Chinese Medicine (Double Degree)

  1. #1

    Default NTU Biomedical Science & Chinese Medicine (Double Degree)

    Hi, may I know does anyone knows about this course? I heard from my friend that this course is very difficult to get in, need to get at least 3As for A levels, and there are a lot of people applying for it. May I know are these true?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The North Pole.
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: NTU Biomedical Science & Chinese Medicine (Double Degree)

    My friend is currently taking this course. However, she got in 2 years ago, so I don't know about the demand now. It depends on the cohort I guess.

    From what I've heard, you need very good grades to enter the course, ie at least 3As, but I don't think they will penalise you for GP (my friend managed to get in with a C). This course is tough. Not only is it a 5-year degree (3 years in NTU, 2 years of attachment in China), you need to have a strong understanding of Bio and Chinese as well.

    Heh. I guess Good Luck for getting into the course and surviving it.
    Hell Bovine: moo(x5), moo.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Bukit Timah
    Posts
    131

    Default Re: NTU Biomedical Science & Chinese Medicine (Double Degree)

    The course is tough. You need very good mandarin and very good science background especially chemistry and bio before you should consider applying. If you are not interested in pharma/research/TCM you may want to get a 4 year pure bio science or bioeng degree instead.

  4. #4

    Default Re: NTU Biomedical Science & Chinese Medicine (Double Degree)

    Strange, I got 1 A and got in
    Last edited by demonic88; 24th April 2008 at 12:02 AM.

  5. #5

    Default Re: NTU Biomedical Science & Chinese Medicine (Double Degree)

    Quote Originally Posted by demonic88 View Post
    Strange, I got 1 A and got in
    Did you get in by discretionary?

  6. #6

    Default Re: NTU Biomedical Science & Chinese Medicine (Double Degree)

    Anymore inputs?

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,109

    Default Re: NTU Biomedical Science & Chinese Medicine (Double Degree)

    Quote Originally Posted by demonic88 View Post
    Strange, I got 1 A and got in
    the others "S" paper....
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

  8. #8

    Default Re: NTU Biomedical Science & Chinese Medicine (Double Degree)

    Quote Originally Posted by blive View Post
    the others "S" paper....
    Did any of your friends get in? If yes the grades?

    Thanks

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,109

    Default Re: NTU Biomedical Science & Chinese Medicine (Double Degree)

    Quote Originally Posted by demonic88 View Post
    Strange, I got 1 A and got in
    Quote Originally Posted by blive View Post
    the others "S" paper....
    Quote Originally Posted by Henessy View Post
    Did any of your friends get in? If yes the grades?

    Thanks
    Henessy, I was just commenting about demonic88's grade.

    Look at my profile...I can't possibly be competiting with all the smart youngster lah. Don't worry too much about whether your grades can make it. You already got the results, so you can't change them. What you can do is go to the dept and speak to the lecturers there to find out more about the course. You have to understand why you pursue the course, else when the stress of workload and exams come, you will be questioning yourself. Go for what you are interested in. It makes learning more fun. I am doing so myself now, but not in this course.

    Apply and then wait for the results.
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,256

    Default Re: NTU Biomedical Science & Chinese Medicine (Double Degree)

    Quote Originally Posted by Henessy View Post
    Did any of your friends get in? If yes the grades?

    Thanks
    hahahahaha

    i'm very good friends with a few of the peeps in the ntu tcm course..

    as for workload/curriculum/experience.. hehehe.. shh
    chezburgr i can haz?

  11. #11

    Default Re: NTU Biomedical Science & Chinese Medicine (Double Degree)

    Quote Originally Posted by blive View Post
    Henessy, I was just commenting about demonic88's grade.

    Look at my profile...I can't possibly be competiting with all the smart youngster lah. Don't worry too much about whether your grades can make it. You already got the results, so you can't change them. What you can do is go to the dept and speak to the lecturers there to find out more about the course. You have to understand why you pursue the course, else when the stress of workload and exams come, you will be questioning yourself. Go for what you are interested in. It makes learning more fun. I am doing so myself now, but not in this course.

    Apply and then wait for the results.
    I am interested in this course, but not sure whether what my friends said are true...

  12. #12

    Default Re: NTU Biomedical Science & Chinese Medicine (Double Degree)

    Quote Originally Posted by psychobiologist View Post
    hahahahaha

    i'm very good friends with a few of the peeps in the ntu tcm course..

    as for workload/curriculum/experience.. hehehe.. shh
    Do you mind elaborating?

  13. #13

    Default Re: NTU Biomedical Science & Chinese Medicine (Double Degree)

    Anymore inputs?

  14. #14

    Default Re: NTU Biomedical Science & Chinese Medicine (Double Degree)

    Anymore inputs?

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,256

    Default Re: NTU Biomedical Science & Chinese Medicine (Double Degree)

    what input you want? :P

    its a v info packed course, prepared to be stressed, compacted etc..

    but if its your interest, then go ahead, cuz its important to be passionate when it comes to such a difficult subject.

    who cares abt the entry requirements.. its always a bottom cutoff and a median.. if you're keen abt the average grades of those studying you should probe a little further. having 3As doesnt mean one will perform as well as a 1A or whatever. JC is just different from that of university..
    chezburgr i can haz?

  16. #16

    Default Re: NTU Biomedical Science & Chinese Medicine (Double Degree)

    Quote Originally Posted by psychobiologist View Post
    what input you want? :P

    its a v info packed course, prepared to be stressed, compacted etc..

    but if its your interest, then go ahead, cuz its important to be passionate when it comes to such a difficult subject.

    who cares abt the entry requirements.. its always a bottom cutoff and a median.. if you're keen abt the average grades of those studying you should probe a little further. having 3As doesnt mean one will perform as well as a 1A or whatever. JC is just different from that of university..
    I got 2A, but not sure whether can get in.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,256

    Default Re: NTU Biomedical Science & Chinese Medicine (Double Degree)

    Quote Originally Posted by Henessy View Post
    I got 2A, but not sure whether can get in.
    apply first lor :P shouldnt be much issue. uni entry req is 3 A level subjects mah..

    not like those days my time have to take 4 A lvl subs + 2 S
    chezburgr i can haz?

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,109

    Default Re: NTU Biomedical Science & Chinese Medicine (Double Degree)

    Quote Originally Posted by Henessy View Post
    I got 2A, but not sure whether can get in.
    You worry too much for nothing. Just take it as it comes. Go & talk to the lecturers at the departments to get a better idea. At least you can see whether you liked them or not. Like psychobiologist says, apply first if you are interested. Worry then when you get in!

    Quote Originally Posted by psychobiologist View Post
    apply first lor :P shouldnt be much issue. uni entry req is 3 A level subjects mah..

    not like those days my time have to take 4 A lvl subs + 2 S
    4 A lvl Subs + 2S ....wow . I only got 3 A lvls with lousy grades, thats why have to stick with engineering and be hard labourer.... What to do I am a late bloomer...sigh!
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Bukit Timah
    Posts
    131

    Default Re: NTU Biomedical Science & Chinese Medicine (Double Degree)

    Quote Originally Posted by Henessy View Post
    I got 2A, but not sure whether can get in.
    Never try then never know. If you're really interested just apply.

  20. #20

    Default Re: NTU Biomedical Science & Chinese Medicine (Double Degree)

    I have applied already. Just worried that why the results is not out yet.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •